Cruise

TECHFL227

Bring Saltine crackers to eat if you get sea sick....and if you don't want to use the Dramamine patch or to enhance the patch's effect.

Don't drink the water at any of the ports......that means no ice or salads or any thing washed in the water. Ship's water can upset some people, but for the most part, it's safe. Just drink bottle beverages if you're sensitive.

Number one thing is to ENJOY THE FOOD on the cruise ship!!!!!

Diets are out the window!

HAVE FUN!!!!!

• Like 3

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Yes tech we cruised first time on Carnival Glory last year and we are cruising in May this year on our honeymoon.

prepay your gratuities so that isint a surprise at the end. If you like soda coffee or specialty drinks get the soda package. Otherwise it’s just juice and water for free. I don’t know if your a drinker, but those drinks aren’t included.

i would suggest anytime dining. I’m not fond of sitting with people I don’t know. This is in the dining room. You can order as many entrees or desserts as you like. The chocolate melting cake on Carnival is amazing. I always order 2.

get off the ship and explore, it’s worth it to see different cultures. But make sure your back on time. The ship WILL leave without you!

if your on Carnival go to the adults only area to get away from kids...there are lots.

if you have any specific questions as away.

burgermauger

• Like 2

@zztop911, thanks. I bought some Bonine and Sea Bands to have just in case. I plan to drink bottled water as I read about the salt also being in the drinking water and I don't need more than I am already going to get. I plan to eat a lot, lol. I am a part of several Facebook groups and some of these pics look amazing. I plan to try a lot of new stuff.

@Burgermauger Carnival Fantasy is the one we are going on for a 5 day. We did prepay gratuities and purchase Cheers so there are no surprise bills hopefully. We selected Early dining so when I just tried to change it we are waitlisted for anytime dining. I have seen so many pics of the melting cake and it is on my to try list. I am also making myself try at least one new thing a day. I will definitely do my best to get back on ship in time as I do not want left. Since I am not taking my kids I don't want to vacation with others so the serenity deck may become my home while gone. 

I am so excited but a little nervous too.

• Like 1

Hope you have fun @TECHFL227, but no way I would get on one of those things, bobbing around in the gulf/atlantic/pacific does not entice me at all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Tech now I know you on Carnival, Guys burgers will be the best burger you will ever eat. I still crave them. 

As for cheers package they will still charge you gratuities, but if you slip the bartender where you are going to be the most $30 he will take care of you like a goddess.

they just announced a fee for ordering room service after 10pm so if you have a late night craving go up deck to pizza or deli for free.

also instead of eating at buffet in mornings and sea day brunch you can go to dining room. We did not know this as it’s better quality food than buffet.

yes the serenity deck is heaven! Go early tho.

if I think of anything else I’ll post.

Went on a cruise with my family about 10 years ago.  Best food I’ve ever had, and we had the package where food and drinks were all inclusive so I could go to the dining room or bars whenever I liked and get as drunk and far as I could.

Also, I found it was better just to wander off on our own around all the towns we went to and only signed up for the tour type things that went to places we couldnt get to ourselves.

@Hatch this is my first time so I will let you know after if I will ever do it again.

@Burgermauger we went ahead and paid for the gratuities for our cheers. We were told by Carnival though that if we use it while we are still docked in Mobile we will have to pay taxes on those drinks only as we are not in international waters yet. I plan to carry some bills for additional tips for those that deserve it. For the room service, I do not plan on using it since I am sure I will eat more than I need I may as well go get it myself. However, I did see the new menu and am very interested as to what a Donut Sandwich is, lol. My plan is to not eat any buffets while there are stick to the MDR. Reason is I have a hard time with self control and do not want to be tempted to over do it. I am excited about the Steak and eggs for Sea day brunch. I heard it is fantastic. Where did you go when you cruised?

@LimeGreenLegend I plan to try as many new and different alcoholic beverages while on my trip. We went ahead and got the package so we would not have to worry about it and still try everything we want. Where did you cruise to? 

We are going to Cozumel and Yucatan. I did not book any excursions as I would rather check things out in a safe area on our own or with a group from the ship than having it scheduled. We did make a reservation at Mr. Sanchos all inclusive resort while in Cozumel to do for a couple hours and relax. Other than that I plan to visit the local shops and check out the scenery. 

Our daughter wants a cruise for her 16th birthday which is in July so I wanted to cruise first to make sure I enjoyed it :) @Sinister said he will never cruise no matter how much I beg so I guess I am on my own with the kiddos or my BFF.

We went to Amber cove DR/ St Thomas USVI/ San Juan PR/ and Gand Turk TC. We are doing the same itenerary in May because we like those ports. Our favourite is St Thomas. We aren’t a fan of going to Mexico. 

The buffets are good. Your on vacation don’t worry about it ! I gained 15 pound on our 7 day cruise lol.

• Like 1

Id like to go to St. Thomas. I hear it is beautiful.  I have never been to Mexico so i cant judge if i will like it or not yet. I have been reading a lot of stories and getting feedback from previous cruisers and it seems these ports are okay.  There are actually a whole lot of iteneraries i would like to do. I hope to eventually do a European cruise. This first one is to mainly test how I can handle the ship, lol. Also had to pick a port that was between my best friend and i.