Racing without Event Mods

Dodge

We have recently experimented with racing without any mods on for the event. This means no Catchup, or Slipstream. We have also been keeping Time of day and weather set to current in many events. We started this after discussing the event with APEX. I actually like it better. Any feelings on this?

Dodgeservice.png

I like racing without catchup. I am good with slipstream or without. I know I almost have to be perfect with slipstream off

so it is making me a better driver.

Yes, custom cars I like, just nothing else. I wreck more when slipstream is on. Im not sure why, but Im cleaner when it is off.

Not used to being "pulled" around the corners, perhaps. Me too

Yea I dont know. I always thought slipstream helped keep up with the faster racers. but after running without it, my racing is much cleaner. Im also cleaner around other cars without it.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Catch up should only be used on fries and maybe certain types of fish.  I personally think it's just downright awful in this game, and I don't even like to join lobbies where it is being used.

Slipstream is a strange thing.  Initially, I did not like it, but often turned it on to ensure a fuller lobby.  However, I can see it is a good thing for certain tracks, but not all tracks.  For example, if there are a lot of straightaways, it can be a nice competitive addition.  However, much like you, I do find myself racing a bit cleaner when it is turned off.  It seems to always kick in at the wrong time, and it can be an absolute disaster when it comes to tight corners or off-road terrain.

I'm perfectly fine with keeping the time and weather set to current.  It forces me to learn how to drive in the rain, and that is something I definitely need to practice more often.

• Like 1

Racing is much more competitive and cleaner without slipstream, It's completely unrealistic and causes a lot of accidents due to it kicking in under braking for a corner resulting in smashing your buddy of the track.

It allows skill and your car to be the deciding factor instead of game mechanics, if you've won the race with all driving settings off then YOU won it and not the game.

Catch up is an obvious one, I won't race with that on.

Weather set to current makes things much more fun, the change in weather can produce an interesting race and car choice is quite key if you know it is raining for the next playlist race, me and Rev found that out yesterday.

Same for current time - it's cool to see the pace picking up at the same time the sun comes up, keeping your headlights in a working order has it's advantages in this case.

Edited by DavidCore89