Going into a new business

JustHatched

As many of you know Rose and I own and operate a flower shop, she has had it for 19? years -1 due to the fire a year and half ago.

Anyways, on top of that we are going in the ranching business, Alpaca's to be exact. We have 3 animals coming next weekend to be followed by 20 or so more by mid summer 2018. We are going to be doing the genetics side of the business and being specific in which DNA sequences get bred together to have "Elite" animals to sell. Should be interesting...

alpaca.jpg

• Like 8

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 11:22 AM, Lann said:

What do they do, or how do you profit from it?

Profit is made 2 ways, first is by breeding show animals with other show animals to get better animals, take them to shows and win ribbons, the more first place ribbons the more they are worth. Some show animals can fetch $100k, average is 20k per animal though. The other way is off the fleece, they are sheared like sheep, but the fleece is worth more due to it being softer and warmer, a good fleece can fetch up to $500. I have been told they are edible animals as well, I doubt we will try that and for sure if we ever breed and 100,000 dollar animal that we would eat it.

On 10/30/2017 at 12:02 PM, pete_95973 said:

XDBX retreat at your farm?? :)

Come on, i'll  fire up the grill. Everyone is welcome at my place anytime

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

10 hours ago, Hatch said:

Profit is made 2 ways, first is by breeding show animals with other show animals to get better animals, take them to shows and win ribbons, the more first place ribbons the more they are worth. Some show animals can fetch $100k

If you manage to sell one for 100k, it's definitely barbecues at your place :D:D