Non Custom Racing

revbouncer

G'day, just an update on my position about racing with non customs.

I'm flexible, but much prefer customs.

I recently hosted a non custom race & 2 people glitched their custom cars into the race. no-one else had a hope!

This is rare, a 1off so to speak so far, but it made me rethink my position.

I had to go through getting my butt whooped when I was a low level & my cars weren't good enough. Never did anyone race, when I started, in non customs.

Therefore there was a sense of achievement each car I could upgrade for each class. Slowly I became more competitive. It hardly seems fair to those that have put the hours in to get their cars 'up to speed' for them to be just turned off because 1 or 2 low levels complain that they have no hope.

If there were more lower levels than higher levels in a particular race, I might reconsider.... no fun driving off in front of everyone and not racing anyone....

Also to those that say 'don't race sedans/ muscles/ coupes etc because they don't have a custom car. All I can say to that is, do you want to win races or own all your fav looking cars? If the answer is the latter, why should I and others who have them not be allowed to use them just because 'you' don't have one? I sold my adder to make room for a mini so I could compete in compact races. BEST thing I did, adders are crap anyway!

It should be your goal to have a custom car in every class, if you like to race. If racing doesn't mean that much to you, then you cant complain if you don't have the car for the class your racing in.

For all those too poor or that don't own a 10 car garage... guess what.... you now have a goal to work towards in the game & all the rewards and personal satisfactions that come when you achieve your goal :)

• Like 5

When I was low level I was getting it handed to me alot and often, I got smart about it and built up a Compact slowly and hosted Compact races. My thinking on it was that owners of these little cars were fewer than the sports and supers and it worked. A win with one of these is the same as a win with anything else so the unlocks came my way.

ANd I do agree with rev, if racing is your deal then you should have something in each class. The only class I do not have is off-road cuz I will pick Sanchez more often than not and I will just pick it from the selection screen.

When the 2nd properties come out and you have enough cash there is no reason to not have at least 1 thing for each class IMO.

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I hate racing because I'm shit at it! LOL

But I'm always up for 4-way madness GTA rules. Also, racing can be boring because everyone races super class only. How about giving bicycles a go? That'll sort the men from the boys!

I think racing with your own custom car and losing is more fun than racing a stock car that isnt yours and win with it.

Before joining the crew I cared alot about my win/lose ratio so I only played that oval race with the drainidge in the middle (cant remember the name) with my carbonizzare and I won alot. But now I care much more about a fun race and a good track than winning.

I personally like racing the lesser used classes of cars (even if I don't own a custom variation).  I once tried to have a car in each class, but I had to make a sacrifice or two in order to keep up with the space limitations.  However, after this new update, getting and maintaining a car in each class is the first thing I'm going to do after buying the new property.

I'm really not one to complain about what the host decides to race, but if someone is hounding me to switch to a different class (usually super), I'm less likely to honor the request.  If I don't have a custom car, like you said, I have no one to blame but myself. :)

As for bicycles, though--I just can't do it personally.  It absolutely wrecks havoc upon my wrist, and I'll be forced to chew pain pills for a day. :P

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 2

I didn't have any mods besides engine 2 before joining the crew never complained just did what I could and let me tell you it is a sweet feeling to get a win in a basically stock car. However I agree non custom races are garbage.

Edited by ssracingn2

• 2 weeks later...

I actually enjoy non custom races. I guess because it's completely skill based as long as slipstream and catchup is off.

I like slip stream on, though I will race with it off. While I think it could work better than it does I do like to have the draft pass ability.

Regarding catchup, I usually only turn it on in certain air and water races.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

After practicing certain tracks for over a week with NO slipstream. It's fun to have it on. Racing is about passing. Slipstream adds to the excitement. It can work for you & it can work against you (in corners) so it's not just an advantage. Unlike catchup.... which just slows the leader.. Slipstream makes things far more exciting & fun. The 1 & 1/2 min straight in the nurburgring old cct is effectively useless without slipstream. Whoever gets to the last cnr b4 the straight 1st wins. It kills a good track where one of the features of the track is the massive straightaway!

Slipstreaming is a HUGE part of racing. F1 enhances it with DRS.I will always race with slipstream on & catchup off...unless some rule in an event forbids me to do so.

After practicing certain tracks for over a week with NO slipstream. It's fun to have it on. Racing is about passing. Slipstream adds to the excitement. It can work for you & it can work against you (in corners) so it's not just an advantage. Unlike catchup.... which just slows the leader.. Slipstream makes things far more exciting & fun. The 1 & 1/2 min straight in the nurburgring old cct is effectively useless without slipstream. Whoever gets to the last cnr b4 the straight 1st wins. It kills a good track where one of the features of the track is the massive straightaway!

Slipstreaming is a HUGE part of racing. F1 enhances it with DRS.I will always race with slipstream on & catchup off...unless some rule in an event forbids me to do so.

Unless you have a Chradder... Then there's nothing you can do about them passing you lol