If the crew were to visit you.....

JustHatched

what would be the 1 thing they must see within 50 miles of your house and why?

I live in the sticks, not much within 50 miles other than corn and bean fields. I would say we would hit the liquor store and load up on some beer and go to the state park next to my house and spend the day fishing and drinking. It's not exciting but it is relaxing.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

The Milwaukee art museum because of the calatrava (name of the building it's in). The building was on transformers dark of the moon to house the guys car collection and miller park for a baseball game.

And hatched, drinking and fishing sounds like a perfect day!

Edited by furdog
  • Like 1

kQ4fIRp.png

Well, my hometown is famous for microbreweries and strip clubs.  Therefore, I'm sure none of you would be bored. :)

If you're ever in the area, I'll gladly buy you a round.

• Like 2

50 miles you say..well only thing you will see is open roads and lots of pine trees, when you get closer to my house you will get on the notorious road called 2555 or as locals called it "old road" its only 5 miles you may think 5 miles aint even a long distances..you are right..theres also a 37mp/h speed limit, now you are thinking easy 5mile cruise...now im gonna kick you into teeth and say: "but"..

there is a reason why it has 37mp/h limit, any higher and you will kill yourself or break something from your car, the old road is in bad condition and its bit hazardous on winter (and on any season) no one in his/her right mind will drive motorcycle there, and to make things more "fun" there may be deer or moose on the road, that 5 miles have claimed 6 lives (that i know) and more cars that i want to count, i have lost suspension and one tire on that road, after you get off from the old road...(of course theres highway that is better choice but theres no fun in that) you will come to my little town that is full of life, theres few shops, bank, library, drugstore and liquor store and so on, theres few historic buildings that you might want to see and local "legends and lore" you wanna hear, theres a bar too but ill rather drive that 5miles back to get my drink, but cause i can pick only 1 thing that you must see i would show ya the historic buildings

• Like 1

Well, if you can stand the industrial smog, we can enjoy the seaside and the North Yorkshire moors.

Otherwise we can go to a football match and the Americans amongst us can damn well learn to love it!
  • Like 1

It would be a little over 50 miles. But we would definitely have to go to the original Woodstock  concert site from 1969. Check out the museum and in the summer they have big concerts there

• Like 1

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Hell there is nothing around Peoria for 50 miles, however I would definitely take the naughty and nice tour. It is a tour showing Peoria history as the Chicago gangsters second city to today. Then go to a pub and grab some drinks. Look it up if it plays in peoria it will play anywhere.

Other than getting drunk at a bowling alley I have no idea. Only other things to do here are Mud Hens minor league baseball, get your car broken into downtown, or our rampant unemployment. Maybe a Walleye hockey game if it's winter. There used to be a great jazz joint downtown but it's gone now

• Like 1

Just one thing eh? Well...shall I show off the dirt, nah I'll take you to see the mesquite bushes, how about the horrible drivers? Lol.

Ok ok...we'd go to Palo Duro canyon. Its one of the largest canyons in the nation. So stretch them calves and let's go biking!

• Like 1

I forgot to add: if you were to get bored in the city itself, there's always both Mount Hood and the famous Mount Saint Helens nearby.  Granted, they both require a bit of a drive, but on a clear day, you can easily see both from certain areas around the city.  Of course, clear days are often a rarity unless it's summer time.  However, contrary to popular belief, it does not rain every day here, but it is often a bit dark and overcast.  We don't see much of the sun during the winter, but the sun is highly overrated as far I'm concerned.  We also have a growing number of excellent restaurants and sporting events.

• Like 2

There are many castles and National Parks around Wales, some more interesting than others.

Liberty Stadium on a Barclays Premier League day is a must for any football (soccer) fan.

Penderyn Whiskey Distillery Tour - The home of Welsh Whiskey - The name says it all  :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hell there is nothing around Peoria for 50 miles, however I would definitely take the naughty and nice tour. It is a tour showing Peoria history as the Chicago gangsters second city to today. Then go to a pub and grab some drinks. Look it up if it plays in peoria it will play anywhere.

Im also in Peoria. To elaborate on racing's post, there is Grandview Drive. It is about a 3 mile trip overlooking Upper Peoria Lake. Former President Theodore Roosevelt once called it the most beautiful drive in America.

Peoria was originally called Fort Clark. It was named this after the Americans burnt the French settlement to the ground during the war of 1812. Fort Clark stood in, what is now, Liberty Park in downtown Peoria.

Abraham Lincoln gave a 3 hour speech during the Lincoln-Douglas debates, speaking out against slavery on the courthouse steps that still stands today. Its rumored that he stayed as a guest in the Flanagan house during the debates on Glen Oak Dr. Glen Oak park was used as a training ground for Union soldiers during the Civil War. There also still several mansions in and around the Peoria area that were connected in the Underground Railroad, and used to smuggle slaves out of the south.

But Peoria was well known as a booze town. With direct access to corn and an active waterway, Whiskey was the primary manufacturing product here in the early to mid 1900's. Many of the mansions that are still standing on the West Bluff are a direct result of the Whiskey Baron days. Also in this time frame, Peoria had quite the Vaudeville establishment. Many premiere production were tested here with the knowledge that "If it will play in peoria, it will play anywhere."

Peoria is currently the home of Caterpillar Inc. The largest earthmoving and heavy equipment manufacturer in the world. We are also home to Bradley University. Bradley is a private university in the Missouri Valley Conference of the NCAA.

Peoria's sister cities include Friedrichshafen, Germany; Benxi, China; and Clonmel, Ireland.

There is a rich history in the "Heart of Illinois". So I will use that as my 1 thing to see here. Much I can not recall, and would take a much larger post in this forum.

Edited by dodgeservice
  • Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Downtown, Chicago is within 50 miles from my house. There are things to do here and in the surrounding suburbs that would fill more then one lifetime...

If it was just one thing, and up to me -- it would be Wrigley Field. There is just something special about sitting for three hours in a 90 degree humidity drinking a cold beer, eating a 'real' hotdog and watching the CUBS lose another one!...

• Like 3

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

I would show you guys the suspension bridge of Bristol (UK), the town where I live. Preferably with hot air balloons in the background. It's a great walk up there and the old village with a traditional cider bar is just around the corner!

dots.jpg