Ability Card List

JustHatched

Here's a complete list of the Ability Cards and what they do (all listed at tier 1)

Dead Eye Abilities

A Moment to Recuperate: While Dead Eye is active you slowly regenerate health. Taking any damage will cancel Dead Eye

Focus Fire: While Dead Eye is active you and your team members deal a little more damage. If more than one member of your team has this ability active the effects do not stack.

Paint It Black: While Dead Eye is active you can paint target onto enemies. Fire your weapon to shoot all marked targets. Each shot drains a small abount of Dead Eye.

Slow and Steady: While Dead Eye is active you take a little less damage and headshots do not kill you outright. You cannot run or sprint.

Quite an Inspiration: While Dead Eye is active you and your allies slowly regenerate health. If more than one member of your team has this ability active the effect do not stack.

Slippery b*stard: While Dead Eye is active enemy players cannot lock onto you, and you cannot lock onto them. Other enemies are a little less accurate when shooting at you. The rate at which your Dead Eye drains is dramatically increased.

Combat Abilities 

Horseman: You deal a little more damage while on horseback.

Necessity Breeds:As you get closer to death you start to do a little more damage

Landon's Patience: Waiting for up to 15 seconds between shots slightly increases your damage.

The Short Game: You deal a little more damage to targets closer to you but less to target farther away.

Hangman: Your lasso chokes your enemies, dealing a little more damage to them for every second they are lassoed.

Winning Streak: Each consecutive shot on the same target does a little more damage than the last.

Recovery Abilities

Come Back Stronger: Your health begins regenerating a little sooner after you take damage.

Peak Condition: You inflict a little more damage if your stamina bar is at least 75% full.

Eye for and Eye: Headshots restore a little Dead Eye.

The Gift of Focus: Items and abilities which restore Dead Eye have their effects slightly improved. You deal a little less damage.

Strange Medicine: You regain a little health whenever you inflict damage. You health otherwise regenerates at half the normal rate.

Cold Blooded: After killing an enemy you will regain a little health over the next 5 seconds.

Defensive Abilities

Hunker Down: You take a little less damage while in cover.

To Fight Another Day: You take less damage from bullets while sprinting.

The Unblinking Eye: Your Dead Eye and Eagle Eye drain a little slower.

Take the Pain Away: Whenever you revive someone you both take a little less damage for the next 8 seconds.

Of Single Purpose: You take a little less damage from bullets while unarmed or using a melee weapon.

Never Without One: Your hat will block one headshot and then fall off. While not wearing a hat you take more damage.

This info originally posted on dometicbatterygaming.com

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

This is the set I have settled on, and I've noticed a lot of players are using the exact same set.

• Slow and Steady III: While Dead Eye is active you take a much less damage and headshots do not kill you outright. You cannot run or sprint. Unlocks at rank 24.
  • Winning Streak III: Each consecutive shot on the same target does much more damage than the last. Unlocks at rank 48.
  • Peak Condition III: You inflict a lot more damage if your stamina bar is at least 75% full. Unlocks at rank 14.
  • Never Without One III: Your hat will block one headshot and then fall off. While not wearing a hat you take less damage. Unlocks at rank 46.

While Slippery b*stard is OP in CQC, Slow and Steady is by far the best dead eye card IMO. Winning Streak speaks for itself. Peak Condition is great if you like me don't do a whole lot of belly flopping which drains a sh*tload of stamina. Also, on horseback it's constantly active. Never Without One I don't really think I could live without at this point.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I know many don't care for the card system. I like it though for the potential to be able to tailor your toon to your play style

What I have settled on 

To Fight Another Day 3 - to resist damage is a run from cover to cover

Hunkerdown 3 - I am a camper, so this just makes sense for me

Winning Streak 3 - works great if you don't get headshots right away

Paint it Black 3 - I don't use dead eye much, but if I do I like to pump some lead out

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

I know some don't care for the ability cards being in the game, but I think I like them being there. I think it gives a chance to tailor your toon to your playstyle even if some setups are OP. Plus some give team bonus so if we do get a crew vs crew system perhaps they can be used with a strategic plan in mind.