PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Banketelli

PlayerUnknown-s-Battlegrounds.jpg

Anyone on here playing this game or interested in getting started?

Unfortunately, it's PC only atm. Xbox version has been teased, but still no word about PS4, and I can't wait anymore. Been my favorite game for the past month or so just by watching youtube gameplay, so now I have ordered new parts for my old gamer PC and getting ready to enter the battleground.

It's a battle royale type game. Only been out for a few months as an early access but is already ridiculously popular. You can play solo, duo or squad (up to 4 players). Up to one hundred players parachute onto an island and scavenge for weapons and equipment to kill others while avoiding getting killed themselves. The available safe area of the game's world decreases in size over a match, directing surviving players into tighter areas and forcing encounters. The last player or team standing wins the round.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I'd love to give it a go but no one to play with. Seems like a lot of fun. 

Yeah, playing solo would quickly become boring I think. I don't know any playing it, but am currently trying to recruit from friends, colleagues and now on here. 

Edited by Banketelli

Sounds like a very good concept rather than the normal deathmatch games.

Might try it, but I say that about a lot of PC games and rarely do.

24 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Its a big expensive box of components that grown ups use to game with. 

Wrong! Grown ups don't play games :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Sounds like a very good concept rather than the normal deathmatch games.

Might try it, but I say that about a lot of PC games and rarely do.

Indeed. Much more interesting. Also really like the looting aspect as seen in other similar games like DayZ and Infestation. Just with out the down-side of those games - the massive time spent running around between any actual PVP action.

My aim is to begin streaming once I'm all set up, hopefully playing the game with people from here. Then you can see if it's something you would like to get in on. :)

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Its a big expensive box of components that grown ups use to game with. 

Amen... just spent more on a graphic card and SSD than the cost of a PS4 Pro. And still need to get better mouse and keyboard. Plus a fricking headset. 

Edited by Banketelli

16 minutes ago, Sinister said:

This sounds like a fun game. Sadly a PC is not something I want to get involved with, lol.

As mentioned in the OP, it has already been teased for Xbox so I'm sure it will come to PS4 eventually. 

This game is on my wishlist in Steam. Although I really want this game and think the "battle royale" style will be cool, it will probably lose its appeal quite quickly without constant map additions. The other side of the coin is that it's another early access game that will most likely never come out of that category. And with a healthy  price of £26 I'm not sure it's a path I want to take once again. Anyone else remember DayZ , Rust, Ark (although this last one is a full release now, I think) but they were all under 15 squid when they hit Steam.

Edit: I forgot to mention 7 days to die...... fu@k that game.....

If any of you guys and gals are pc gamers, chuck me a friend request on steam. 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mattymcrae

Edited by Matty
Update

yFn5uY6.png

9 hours ago, Matty said:

This game is on my wishlist in Steam. Although I really want this game and think the "battle royale" style will be cool, it will probably lose its appeal quite quickly without constant map additions. The other side of the coin is that it's another early access game that will most likely never come out of that category. And with a healthy  price of £26 I'm not sure it's a path I want to take once again. Anyone else remember DayZ , Rust, Ark (although this last one is a full release now, I think) but they were all under 15 squid when they hit Steam.

Edit: I forgot to mention 7 days to die...... fu@k that game.....

If any of you guys and gals are pc gamers, chuck me a friend request on steam. 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mattymcrae

Agree, the price is a bit extreme for an early access. Hopefully it will be treated better than the other early access games. As far as I have heard, they have been good at updating the game and are soon ready with a desert map. The player base is really big at this point, so with continuous updates it should be able to carry on for a quite a while. 

Edited by Banketelli

1 hour ago, Banketelli said:

Agree, the price is a bit extreme for an early access. Hopefully it will be treated better than the other early access games. As far as I have heard, they have been good at updating the game and are soon ready with a desert map. The player base is really big at this point, so with continuous updates it should be able to carry on for a quite a while. 

Well it is payday Friday so i might treat myself :D 

• Like 1

yFn5uY6.png

So, I went ahead and got this and had a bit of a game today. Interestingly you can play solo, duo or as a squad (4).  I have only played the solo so far an it's not too bad, I still am not sure it's worth 27 quid though.

It's actually much faster than I invisiged and I would like a bit more time to gear up before the radius starts to shrink, but I think it has potential and could be a lot more fun in the duo or squad modes.

My personal verdict would be, buy it if you have the cash to spare but don't panic, it will still be the same old game for some time to come yet.

yFn5uY6.png