Looking For A Muscle Car

G37

Considering it seems how popular of a class this seems to be for crew events, decided I'd look into one prior to the High Life Update. Wanted to get some feed back for those that have/use them. I have little experience with them myself despite being in over 700 races.

From my understanding the Ruiner seems like the one to set lap times with (from material I've read) due to it having more of a sports car feel with traction in the corners at a slight loss of top speed. What I'm also finding is that the Ruiner can easily be knocked around when bumped apparently. The Dominator seems to be a solid go to choice. The Gauntlet  seems to be a strong choice as well, having a bit more stability and traction than the Dominator.

Would you agree or recommend: Ruiner > Gauntlet > Dominator? What are your thoughts and experience with these cars? I plan to try them out for myself and then make a decision but I wanted some group feedback too.

Thanks.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Personally, I prefer the Gauntlet.  Not only do I think it looks better, but I believe it has better acceleration than the others.  It seems to handle better than the Ruiner, but maybe I'm just used to it.  I've owned all of these cars at one point, but the Gauntlet was my first car, and I have one for each of my characters.  The Dominator was ok too, and some might prefer it overall, but I'm still a Gauntlet man through and through.

well i can recommend Gauntlet and Dominator (if i must choose) they arent so bad at cornering, ofc they are muscle cars so they arent exactly rockets,

I like the Phoenix, only because I had two of them in real life. I freaked when I saw one down near the docks. 

• Like 1

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Gaunlet is the better one IMO, but I use the Sabre Turbo. I like the looks and it is capable of winning with somebody else driving.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I love the Dominator for the looks. I made mine as a Mustang GT500 look alike.

The Gauntlet has slightly better specs but I prefer the look of the Dominator.

And I still got first place in the crew challenge with my Dominator :P

You should get both the gauntlet and dominator. Use the gauntlet for tracks that have a lot of turns and the dominator for long straights and very few turns.

I love the Dominator for the looks. I made mine as a Mustang GT500 look alike.

The Gauntlet has slightly better specs but I prefer the look of the Dominator.

And I still got first place in the crew challenge with my Dominator :P

I'm sorry Fido, the gauntlet is back on top. I just haven't posted the time yet. With that said, I'm a gauntlet man.

• Like 2

Dominator is the faster car at high speed but that's if you can keep it in a straight line, same with all muscle cars they are affraid of the slightest bend.

I've been using Dominator for the crew challenge but after that I'll sell and get Gauntlet back

I'm sorry Fido, the gauntlet is back on top. I just haven't posted the time yet. With that said, I'm a gauntlet man.

Fido turns on PS3 with his winning face on  :angry:.

:lol:

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Fido turns on PS3 with his winning face on :angry:.

:lol:

Funny story, I actually tried to find a dominator for the challenge; looked a few times over the course of two days. In the end...the gauntlet is on top (until Fido reads this)

• Like 2

i prefer the dominator. it looks better than all the other muscle cars (although my opinion, i am a huge mustang fan), and it is just slightly slower than the gauntlet. if you are good then the slight difference wont matter.

Whaaaaaaaat? I'm not at home until tomorrow evening so I can't try to beat your time now.

But I won't rest until I beat you !

This challenge is mine Bro !

• Like 1

Whaaaaaaaat? I'm not at home until tomorrow evening so I can't try to beat your time now.

But I won't rest until I beat you !

This challenge is mine Bro !

I enjoy your determination! Sounds like me...

Went with the Gauntlet, just felt better overall. Even though the Ruiner is actually quite nice and I can see it setting lap times, I felt like it would get pushed around too much in a full race.

I'm hoping this game gets some more muscle cars in the future and low riders. 

Only downside to the Gauntlet is absolutely no customization options, but at least its' headlights are super bright lol.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Went with the Gauntlet, just felt better overall. Even though the Ruiner is actually quite nice and I can see it setting lap times, I felt like it would get pushed around too much in a full race.

I'm hoping this game gets some more muscle cars in the future and low riders. 

Only downside to the Gauntlet is absolutely no customization options, but at least its' headlights are super bright lol.

Yeah it could do with some visual mods.

Ruiner is fast in a straight line, probably the fastest out of the muscle cars at top speed.

When I used to attend some meets and drags, I used to keep up with and pass many sports cars in the Ruiner.

• Like 1

i have both a ruiner and a dominator thinking of switchin up the ruiner for gauntlet though

Future is nothing but a series of probability