The *55 Puncher 2.0

Skorpion

THE *55 PUNCHER 2.0
Max. Players: 30
Compacts (Panto Only), Muscle (Ruiner Only), Off Road (Insurgent Only), Utility (Caddy Only)
Default Laps: 2
Est. Lap: 2-5 minutes.
Time of Day: Noon
Weather: Clear
Traffic: Off
Wanted Levels: Off
Published: 12 January 2017
Last Updated: 8 June 2017

DESCRIPTION
Are you ready for a sore *ss? _No respawning please_
2_0.jpg

OVERVIEW
Far from a serious race, with contact encouraged. Every section of track is wide enough for 2 vehicles to fit side-by-side, and to do a 180o turn. There are sunken boosts and brake strips around the entire track, so you could get a punch up the *ss out of nowhere.

Available Vehicles

• Panto - Cleanest and easiest to use, but can sometimes get stuck on bumps when approached at high speeds.
  • Caddy - Doesn't seem to get stuck on bumps approached at high speeds, but with lowest speed needs a little run-up for the larger bumps.
  • Ruiner - Craziest, most destructive and unpredictable, and the most fun. With larger panels than the other vehicles, it'll be unrecognisable before the end of the first lap. Bumper catches on bumps frequently, but that just means more *sses to punch right?
  • Insurgent - This wide *ss can't turn around on the straights, but it packs a mighty punch for those that like it a little harder.

Bookmark Job

_

See more of my creations

_

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 3

Gave this a go in FDU tonight, and it was a chaotic mess. The idea is to have a lot of contact and wrecked cars for all, but it was a little over the top for what I had in mind. There were a lot more people than when I tested the previous version though, so I'd like to give it a test with a smaller group (6-8 people) and see if it was just over crowded, or if more work is needed.

I'm planning on using this on Monday, may be too many people for your test. If there's a few people available now we can give it a go.

On 6/3/2017 at 11:07 PM, Skorpion said:

Gave this a go in FDU tonight, and it was a chaotic mess. The idea is to have a lot of contact and wrecked cars for all, but it was a little over the top for what I had in mind. There were a lot more people than when I tested the previous version though, so I'd like to give it a test with a smaller group (6-8 people) and see if it was just over crowded, or if more work is needed.

It was definitely fun and very, very chaotic. :lol:

I think if the track was slightly wider, then it would be perfect for the Ruiner.  It will probably work fine in the Panto or Caddy though.  The Ruiner is such a fun car for the track, so I'd love to see it work for it too.  Not sure how wide the slowdown strips and speed boosts are, but they don't need to cover the whole width of the track.  Half a car width from the wall will stop a car sneaking by.

The other thing is the "cheese grater".  I got through on the 1st lap somehow.  I honestly don't know how because my car was upside down in a sea of other cars and the camera was spazzing all over the place - next thing I know, I've been squeezed/glitched through and I was on my way again. :lol:   Looks like a lot of people were stuck there though. 

Very fun, and something different to break up a PL.  Look forward to any changes (or not) you make to it. 

• Like 1

I made the track narrower to make it harder to avoid an ass punching, but I think you're right. I'll look at making it a fraction wider. The slow down and boost strips are as wide as the track so there's no issue of missing them, but there are a few that could be spaced out a little more and have a few taken out without making any difference.

I'm also thinking the cheese grater might just need moving. It's right at the beginning, so there's no chance to get a bit of space before being launched into it.

I'll definitely be doing some work on this over the week.

@Squirrel I don't recommend using this in your PL this week.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 1

Updated.

I've only made the middle section wider since it was narrower than the rest of the track. It's roughly the same width along all straights now, and hopefully it's wide enough for a large lobby without being too wide for a small lobby.

I've moved the 'cheese grater' and found what I believe is the perfect place, though I'm not sure it's ideal for a large lobby.

I'll try to test again after EE this weekend.

I've also added the Insurgent, but be warned that it can't turn around along the straights.

Edited by Skorpion