Sports betting

Sagrawa

A lot of guys here are investing a lot of time in the creator and organising events that are worth a lot. Since I am not really the guy to invest hours and hours to contribute in that, but do take the pleasure of wasting my time in those things, this is my thing to make up for it a bit:

I will give some good tips on what to bet on, on a regular base.

The best bets will often not be there, as they are made on the fly in the middle of a race and change faster than I can even post them. There are still a few though where the odds don't change for hours, or even days. These will be the ones I will show.

I'm sure no one will believe me that they can win money of this: You can always follow a few bets I mention before ever betting yourself. And for those who believe me: I started with betting about a year and a half ago with €80 and made over €3000. Since then I invested €400 on some other sites and made almost €10.000. I can say by now that the majority of the factor of me winning, by a large margin, was skill and knowledge because this was all made with winnings that never exceeded €700 (and that was only one of my three that even surpassed €300) and the odds of what I'm betting on decrease 4 out of 5 times.

My second post here will be the one to keep an eye on.

• Like 3

Place a bet on Tom Dumoulin being in the top three in the Tour de France. Some sites, like betstars.eu, are still giving him 1/26 odds to be nr1 and 1/4 of that to be in the top 3. Normally I wouldn't place anything on a guy to be in the top 3 in the Tour when participating in the Giro, but he has shown to be as good as they can get. If he's not in the Giro next year and gets odds of over 1/6, you can also bet on him for next year's Tour.

Edited by Sagrawa
  • Like 4

Interesting.

I used a betting site a couple years ago. Started off with a bang and won 500€ on my first ever bet (Man City beating Bayern in the Champions League) !

I immediately transfered that on my bank account and started over with 40€. A year and a half later, I'm down to 0 so I guess I lost 40 € over that time :D

I'm gonna follow this topic and see how your tips work and if they're good, I may reopen my account :D

My first thought after your post was that it's a very early bet ! Tour de France finish line is late july. I always used to bet on the evening football match but the odds were always very low and I didn't win much ^^ Granted I didn't take many risks and was always betting on a Real or Barça win ^^

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

I love a bet, nothing major as I don't have the disposable income to throw away like that. But I'm defiantly interested to stake some lower bets

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

1 hour ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Interesting.

I used a betting site a couple years ago. Started off with a bang and won 500€ on my first ever bet (Man City beating Bayern in the Champions League) !

I immediately transfered that on my bank account and started over with 40€. A year and a half later, I'm down to 0 so I guess I lost 40 € over that time :D

I'm gonna follow this topic and see how your tips work and if they're good, I may reopen my account :D

My first thought after your post was that it's a very early bet ! Tour de France finish line is late july. I always used to bet on the evening football match but the odds were always very low and I didn't win much ^^ Granted I didn't take many risks and was always betting on a Real or Barça win ^^

Glad that you won! But that is something I would advise to never bet on again, unless you really have some inside scoop. Problem with these kind of matches is that there are a lot of people making bets and there are a lot of bookies watching over evry single thing that may change the outcome. Also, these are two major clubs that are well known and chances are low you know more than the bookies, who spend more time looking at it than you. Plus, there's the extra 7.5% that they always take from you on average, so you have to be 7,5% better than those bookies. In soccer you only really stand a chance against the bookies when you are placing bets in international games because the bookies often just have to go with the countries with the best players, whereas they forget about countries with simply a good attitude. You may even get a good bet in some national competitions, but you'll have to look at something like the Greek competition instead of the Premier League. Not saying you can't win by betting on the Premier League, but you have to be a wizard at it and you could still make more somewhere else.

The risk is basically always higher when betting on one of the "sure wins". Odds are always against you, simply because of the percantage bookies are taking from you. They also hardly ever make real mistakes in making the odds on favourites, and even if they are 5% off, you still lose.

Edited by Sagrawa
  • Like 1

Very cool. Will definitely follow the thread and most likely use some of the bets.

I'm also not one of them to bet large amounts as I just use it to make a weekend of football a bit more exciting. Just a few bucks as I always bet very unrealistic going for the high odds on a coupon with 5-6 matches. Have only won twice in the last 10 years. :lol: Good money the times I have won, but all those few bucks add up to a hell of a lot more. 

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

Quick question : does it matter what website you place your bets on ?

I used BetClic, a website like Bwin, Winamax, Unibet, BetStars...

You see those brands everywhere during sports event on TV.

• Like 1

Just now, Fido_le_muet said:

Quick question : does it matter what website you place your bets on ?

I used BetClic, a website like Bwin, Winamax, Unibet, BetStars...

You see those brands everywhere during sports event on TV.

Yeah, matters a lot. I don't know why, but the odds are often very different on each site. Sometimes the odds even vary so much that you can place bet on something you don't want to. I even caught a bet once where both had the opposite odds at 2.10; unfortunately had only €100 or so on one of those and couldn't make a real profit.

• Like 1

There are a few sites that are still giving Tom Dumoulin 1/34 odds now of winning the Tour de France. Those odds won't last long! Getting in on a bet for him to place in the top three at 1/4 odds is my main tip. The odds will soon diminish below 1/20 odds.

Edit: My first tip was on Chris Froome winning the Tour de France at 1 to 2.15 in my introduction. You can already see everywhere that that bet is already worth a lot more.

Edited by Sagrawa

I will keep following your win ratio :)

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Just now, Fido_le_muet said:

Just so I understand clearly : 1/34 odds means that if I bet 1€, I get 34 ?

The other way around.

Those kinda bets require you to bet big.

Not really for the casual gambler.

Just now, DavidCore89 said:

The other way around.

Those kinda bets require you to bet big.

Not really for the casual gambler.

So if I bet 34 I get 1 ? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

So if I bet 34 I get 1 ? :lol:

Yeah, bookies don't wanna give away money on what they consider to be a sure thing.

1 minute ago, DavidCore89 said:

Yeah, bookies don't wanna give away money on what they consider to be a sure thing.

Assholes :D

• Like 1

Yeah, you bet €1, you get €34. I just misformulated and should've said 1 to 34 odds.

You also have 'Vegas odds' btw, where they use plusses and minusses, i.e. -800 means you win 100 when betting 800, and +800 means you win 800 when betting 100.

• Like 1

Well, cancel my tip on Tom Dumoulin; he won't be competing. I thought this was a 1 in 2 chance of happening and used it in the calculation. If you did already bet; most sites give a refund when someone is a no-show, just like in soccer where you bet on a goalscorer who turns out to get no minutes at all.

My new tip is to bet on Esteban Chaves to place in the top three in the Tour at odds of 10 to 1 or better or getting the win at odds of 51 to 1 or better. Last year he showed to be one of the very best in the mountains in both the Giro d'Italia (where he was second) and La Vuelta (where he was third). He's only 27 years old, so should be close to his prime now. The reason they give him so little chance of winning is because he had an injury in March and couldn't practice fully. He is now completely fit, but his first race will be in a few days from now, so it's not definitive. If he does perform well here, he will instantly be seen as one of the top favorites to win the Tour, whereas his chances will only drop slightly if he doesn't show form yet. I've already placed €100 on him to win and €200 for him finish in the top three.

• Like 2

cheeky £1 e/w at 25/1. 1/4 odds for placing 2nd or 3rd

Lets see if you walk the walk Sag

Edited by Catmandoza
  • Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

• 1 month later...

Had a healthy win on Phil 'The Power' Taylor last night at 4/7.

Sky were mad to give that price after he destroyed MVG in the semi's.

I wouldn't tip, lose just as often as I win.