Remember Manchester

Brainstick

Hi guys,

I looked if there was a post like this one on the site but I couldn't find one, so sorry if I missed it somewhere.

We all know about the attack on, mostly, young people at the Manchester Arena. And it made me very sick to see that another attack took place on innocent people.

Mostly young people who should have the time of their lives at a concert of Ariana Grande. 22 died and 59 were badly injured. There has been said a lot about it but somehow I still can't find enough words to describe how I feel about this and what may be to come.(sorry if my English let's me down a bit). Because we also have a lot of members from the UK, I hope non of our members were somehow victimized by this attack and I really hope neighter are your friends or family. 
Although we all play a game which contains violence, I'm sure that we can see the difference between fiction and reality and keep our children safe. Let's just stick to a game and respect each other the way that this great crew already does. But let's not forget what happened in Manchester, in London, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Berlin, Paris, Boston etc...(the list is to long).
But I do hope that this horror will end soon and everybody starts respect each other more but hey...have to keep the faith and a dream. Play on!

XDBX all the way!   

• Like 12

If I say what I want to say, it would just be deleted. So.............

God bless those that died and their families.

• Like 3

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

On 26-5-2017 at 10:18 AM, zztop911 said:

If I say what I want to say, it would just be deleted. So.............

God bless those that died and their families.

I hear ya! But this is pure anger, frustration and pain. I know we can't pump up the action here cause it probably would give discussions that would lead to...more anger and that is not what this forum is about. A healthy discussion can't hurt but hey...let's use this portal for our entertainment because for some of us this is one of the important ways to get some load off our backs...   

19 hours ago, Brainstick said:

I hear ya! But this is pure anger, frustration and pain. I know we can't pump up the action here cause it probably would give discussions that would lead to...more anger and that is not what this forum is about. A healthy discussion can't hurt but hey...let's use this portal for our entertainment because for some of us this is one of the important ways to get some load off our backs...   

This is one topic that I can't be civil or politically correct. My life has been touched too many times by bastards like this guy. My tolerance is long gone.

• Like 4

Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

This is one topic that I can't be civil or politically correct. My life has been touched too many times by bastards like this guy. My tolerance is long gone.

There isn't any political correctness to follow, it's wrong and that's something the whole world can agree with. People tend to correct when others go too far.

We all condemn what these guys do, we shouldn't use it as an excuse to spread more hatred, but too many people see it as a way to justify their own extreme thoughts instead of keeping them to themselves... Usually uneducated guesses about immigration, religion, nationalities and stuff.

Lots of people feel as though they should blame certain religions or nationalities, but it makes no difference, I could get blown up by a British guy tomorrow.

We are better than these people, but if we spread hatred we'll be stooping to lower levels than we should be at. Easier said than done when we're all angry, but that's how I see it.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 5

To me religion is the problem.  Not one specific religion, all of them.  You can't argue with someone when they believe the word of "god".

There is no point, or reason, however, for targeting hate and abuse at whole groups of people, Muslims, immigrants etc, as that is counter productive and takes the spotlight away from the real issues.

Every terror attack is an attack on decency, compassion and the right to live a life without fear whoever you are, where you live and where you come from but as long as there are people who will twist and warp the words in books literally two millennia old, and people who are easily led and influenced by these people there will always be terror attacks.

I could go on, having spent my entire formative educational life in Roman Catholic schools, but I think I've had enough of this shit to last a lifetime.

Sorry if I've offended anyone but anytime anything like this happens, in the name of Christ, such as bombing abortion clinics, or Allah, or whoever, I just despair for humanity and the future of our species if these books are taught to be immutable and unquestionable and above scrutiny and opposition.

I love you guys, truly, and hope nothing like this ever happens to you, or anyone you love, or anyone you hate, or anyone at all, actually.

<3

• Like 4

Exactly. All this hate, death, fear, etc over which group of sheep herders wrote the best fairy tales.  It is time to turn this lunacy into the mythology it deserves. 

• Like 4

We're moving onto a very sensitive topic now. Whether it should be, I don't really think so, but it is. So let's not turn this into religion bashing, but keep it for remembering the victims of these horrible actions.

• Like 2

Religion was a great foundation to build society on, but we have moved on now and its time to take the stabilisers off and learn to balance ourselves.

However religion is enforced from birth by parents, schools and peer groups for many people. You cannot simply tell them it's bollocks label it as lunacy and expect them to drop the belief system that has been drilled into them since they have been able to talk. It will be many generations and all of us will be long gone before any real progress is made, until then we can only push tolerance, acceptance and education as opposed to labelling people with different beliefs to our own.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

8 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

There isn't any political correctness to follow, it's wrong and that's something the whole world can agree with. People tend to correct when others go too far.

We all condemn what these guys do, we shouldn't use it as an excuse to spread more hatred, but too many people see it as a way to justify their own extreme thoughts instead of keeping them to themselves... Usually uneducated guesses about immigration, religion, nationalities and stuff.

Lots of people feel as though they should blame certain religions or nationalities, but it makes no difference, I could get blown up by a British guy tomorrow.

We are better than these people, but if we spread hatred we'll be stooping to lower levels than we should be at. Easier said than done when we're all angry, but that's how I see it.

Who do you hold responsible for all these attacks? The excuse that I've heard from imams that the people that commit these act are not Muslims and not following Islam is total and unadulterated bullshit. It's NOTJUST the individuals that perpetrate these horrid acts. It's Islam! I hold the two main sects( Shia and Sunni) responsible. I will do so until I see widespread protests and outrage condemning these acts from leading imams and average practitioners. This has not happened any where in the world.

The sad thing is that I really doubt if this will ever occur.

For those that disagree with what I've said here, I suggest you read all the books of the Quran. It's very enlightening.

Even with the anguish of losing friends to these bastards, I hold no hatred to Muslims as a whole. I do hold a deeply burning hatred of those perpetrators and those that give them aid. I would not show any sort of mercy in giving them the retribution that they so richly deserve.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

This world is a fucked up place that wont last much longer and one I've almost given up on, but it still keeps proving me wrong sometimes:

Despite all the greedy and power hungry bastards, all the brainwashed sheep and the clergy of every fucking religion on this planet that do all the brainwashing, I can still be pleasantly surprised sometimes that there's still good in people and that keeps me going.