I need help

Hey everyone

My computer is infected with a virus, known as Shortcut Virus, and i don't know how to remove it!!!

If anyone knows how to remove this bitch please tell me how... I'm using windows xp.

Thanks

I'm no tech genius, but whenever I've had virus problems in the past, I have used a program called Malwarebytes.  There is a free version, and it's fixed most of my problems.  I've ran into several virus issues over the years (including the ones that constantly change and redirect your homepage).

Here is the website: https://www.malwarebytes.org/

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-721268-how-to-kill-shortcut-virus-in-my-laptop

Use the +5 answer

Malwarebytes is good but it won't take on things like that which have already started affecting the computer such as multiple shortcut files opening with no control over them.

I used to remove virus's as a side job but decided to stop a while ago.

Yeah, it came from my mobile phone.

No, it just created some random shortcuts and my computer is slower. Sometimes impossible to do anything...

I'd start by following those instructions but try removing everything form the phone (music, videos etc) as you'll never get it off there and it will happen to every PC or laptop you plug into

Edited by DavidCore89

Yeah already removed everything from mobile phone, i formatted it.

I'm now scanning the computer...

I'm no tech genius, but whenever I've had virus problems in the past, I have used a program called Malwarebytes.  There is a free version, and it's fixed most of my problems.  I've ran into several virus issues over the years (including the ones that constantly change and redirect your homepage).

Here is the website: https://www.malwarebytes.org/

I will check this one after i finish the scan.

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-721268-how-to-kill-shortcut-virus-in-my-laptop

Use the +5 answer

Malwarebytes is good but it won't take on things like that which have already started affecting the computer such as multiple shortcut files opening with no control over them.

I used to remove virus's as a side job but decided to stop a while ago.

I downloaded autorun exterminator from there but my computer cannot install it, i don't know why

I also tried the command prompt but it says it cant find the file i was looking for...

I think I'll scan the computer and then try malwarebytes.org

Avast and avg have decent free antivirus software that you could try or you could try trend micro housecall over the internet. These are the ones I use to clean infected computers. Other than that you are probably out of luck due to running XP. It may be hard to find good stuff for that OS since it's very old.

Edited by furdog

kQ4fIRp.png

Or windows defender for XP. Just be careful where you download these from. I don't know if these are still available from Microsoft.

kQ4fIRp.png

Scanned the computer and it found some Malware. It showed the location of those files, i found them and got rid of all shit. I mean, i'm not sure if i removed everything... But most of it I think I did lol.

My computer is faster now, but i'm not sure if this still has virus though...

I'll see what i can do later on, but hey, thanks for the help guys!  ;)