Does anybody experience FREEZING !

prodigy4791

Unfortunately I was experiencing a very bad freezing issue upon joining vetting session this morning ... I was freezing occasionally before the last patch (once per week) .. 99% it is related to the last patch .. my PS is clean and having enough room for the game to run and saving data .. even i run the game from the HDD as i download it from the PS store .. I noticed that it happens when i join a fully loaded session with 16 players talking in their mics at the same time :D  currently i'm searching for a solution and i hope that i can fix it soon but most of the player whom tried many methods their efforts went in vain :( Any suggestions ?

http://gtaforums.com/topic/699217-how-to-avoid-gta-5-online-freezing/

DavidCore89 Advised with the following,

deleted the patch (not save game or install), rebuild system database, clear browser cache, reinstall patch

Sometimes one patch on top of another can cause issues like this according to R*, since 1.06 I have removed the old patch right before loading GTA and installing the new one, I didn't with this patch but now I've removed the patch file all together and done those other steps it seems good

• Like 1

XMB, game, game data utility, there should be 2 GTA 5 files, check the info on both before you do anything, delete the one which says version 1.12 only.

Not the install file

• Like 2

I've only ever had it freeze 3 times, dani_elle was in the lobby all three times. Just saying.......

If my ps3 dies, she owes me a new one.

• Like 4

In the past, I have experienced the freezing problem quite a bit.  However, now it seems that I "time out" of the session more often than not.

I've become used to seeing the messages that say things like "unable to connect to session", "Rockstar cloud unavailable; unable to save data", "timed out loading session", "unable to load character data" and similar messages.

I'm not very tech savvy, so I just sort of sit back and wait to see what happens.  However, I have also noticed that the more people in the lobby, the more chances of freezing or timing out.  I also sometimes seem to get stuck after playing a mission where I was killed in action.

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 1

I cleared browser cache  .. delete the only related file i found in the game data utility ... it didn't request to install the last patch again .. no chance to try since i didn't join any session with 16 players yet

I cleared browser cache  .. delete the only related file i found in the game data utility ... it didn't request to install the last patch again .. no chance to try since i didn't join any session with 16 players yet

You must be using DLC GTA5 if there is no patch file

I'm really curious if there's any persisting issues like this on XBOX. I hear about it all the time on PS3 but strangely I don't think I do at all for those that play on XBOX.

It happens at the strangest times for me, not often like some, but it still happens none the less. I don't think we can avoid the good chance it'll happen in a full or close to full lobby/race/dm of 16. Smaller seems to be better now (12 or less).

Like MLB said I get random disconnects or time outs much more frequently than that (which still isn't a lot at all but it's starting to get to the point of being rather annoying).

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I have had no issues at all since I did the above steps

Even in fully loaded session with 16 players ?

Notice that i almost don't freeze / disconnect during races, missions, DM, TDM or private session with less than 16 .. near to Alchemic-Ink case