Stunt race weather bug

djw180

I found another bug. You can only have the weather set to clear in stunt races. The option to change the weather appears on the screen for the host to alter, but you can't change it from clear. Rockstar made stunt races do not have the option to change the weather.

This is definitely something to bear in mind for anyone planning on making / updating tracks for long races where you may want to have current weather, and obviously for any race you want to have set to raining (how I found out about this).

3 hours ago, zmurko said:

Did you load up a custom stunt track that previously had the time&weather set to current and it now doesnt allow changing the weather?

Sort of. I noticed this while working on a new track. I made an intitial version last week, stunt race, weather set to rain in the creator, tested & saved. worked as intended when launched from GTA online. When I went back to the same track yesterday, and checked again today, the weather was set to clear and can not be changed. So whatever has happened it's just in the last couple of days. The option to change weather appears to be there but when you try to alter it you can't.

It may be intentional given Rockstar stunt races are all locked to clear, but it's odd that they would give us the option to set weather to something else in the creator if it's not meant to be an option.

It's only stunt tracks though. So endurance racing is OK for non-stunt tracks. But with lots of people updating old tracks to make use of stunt props it could be a big problem. You only need to put 1 stunt prop in a race and it becomes a stunt race.

Edited by djw180

I tried running one of my tracks yesterday and couldn't change the weather from clear and I'm pretty sure it didn't even list it as an option.

Hopefully it's just another bug/oversight that R* will eventually fix at some point. (of course they will break a few more things in the process, but still)

They should just make it a lockable setting (like they do with catch-up) in the creator, so if your race is a pure Stunt Race, then lock the weather to clear, but if it's a traditional race that just happens to use a few stunt props, then it can be left as a changeable setting for the host to decide.  Is that too much to ask for? :D

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

How do we feel about another campaign, this time based around the decision to remove changeable weather in stunt races. I've done a quick google and there isn't much in terms of conversation about this subject. This topic is actually one of the first articles that comes up. 

Everyones points are valid, if we want I can add a support ticket and then get the word spread and hopefully get Rockstar to address the issue.

I want rain back!

(No apologies to those who end up driving a Comet Retro in the rain) :D

Just now, Squirrel said:

How do we feel about another campaign, this time based around the decision to remove changeable weather in stunt races. I've done a quick google and there isn't much in terms of conversation about this subject. This topic is actually one of the first articles that comes up. 

Everyones points are valid, if we want I can add a support ticket and then get the word spread and hopefully get Rockstar to address the issue.

I want rain back!

(No apologies to those who end up driving a Comet Retro in the rain) :D

It's worth a try but given R* haven't shown any sign of fixing the customs-available-for-what-should-be locked-races bug (in fact have made it worse) I don't hold out much hope.

I do wonder actually if this was intentional given that stunt props and rain can both cause lag? But you'd think they would have said so somewhere if that was the case.

There must be one already... aren't we better off adding our weight to that? When I asked @MAHALOKA about the trigger glitch he mentioned a ticket already opened, he might know of a weather ticket up and running already..

Not sure why I used the word 'weight' as the last response was pretty lacklustre until we went on the offensive. A bit more gusto this time Squizzel ;)

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

if there isnt't any, there should indeed be a ticket for that, but it seems that  R* dont care about the weather that much..

pers. i don't know about a 'weather'ticket, ill ask around ;)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Not sure if this is news or not but... Rain is back in Stunt Races

I have just tested and raced a Stunt Race with rain on. Just set the weather to rain in creator and bingo the rain appears when you play the job. Unfortunately Fog, Lightening etc are not availble as the only otions in creator are Bright, Raining or Current.

We discovered this after rain appeared in a Stunt Race the other day and guessed the weather was set to current, so a little testin lead to this discovery.

DalXT64WAAIhfhZ.jpg

DalXUPnX4AIV2I3.jpg

Edited by JuniorChubb

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

Not sure if this is news or not but... Rain is back in Stunt Races

I have just tested and raced a Stunt Race with rain on. Just set the weather to rain in creator and bingo the rain appears when you play the job. Unfortunately Fog, Lightening etc are not availble as the only otions in creator are Bright, Raining or Current.

We discovered this after rain appeared in a Stunt Race the other day and guessed the weather was set to current, so a little testin lead to this discovery.

DalXT64WAAIhfhZ.jpg

DalXUPnX4AIV2I3.jpg

Thanks Chubb!  Yeah Dodge and Ally have been updating some of their races for rain.  We can now rally race in the mud. :) 

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 1

Thanks to you guys too @omarcomin71, we noticed when after practicing A Drift Too Far for CotC which must have weather set to current. :)

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1