GTAF Approved Tracks

Dodge

I submitted for this on GTAF. This was the response.

Scouring the Projects http://rsg.ms/QG6XGx
+ Good title and good vehicle choice
+ Good beginning
- Too much cp's. If you reach the 68 cp barrier I always feel like you didn't make it like you wanted it but stopped when you reached it. Ok placement though.
- + Construction plates in the highway turn can go.
- + Cp 27 the redwhite concrete should be more to the right so the slashed one guides you off the road.
- + Get rid of jumps at cp 40 and the one on the traintrack,... They are not adding value imo.
- Track feels like goin' nowhere.
- Lame finish line
+ - Some really original parts (with functional jumps) but not working as a totality

Maze Bank Enduro http://rsg.ms/QG6WT5
+ Very technical and original, really liked it a lot
+ Good functional propping, although some props can go.
- + Some cp's need reviewing, especially in the short turns. Maybe use one cp instead of two
- + The jumps should be placed with more care, meaning now they look like they're thrown there.
+ - Can be two laps as an enduro!!! And makes it fun to correct your mistakes from the first lap.
+ A little tweaking and i approve!

Dodgeservice.png

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dodge

• handcuff_charlie

• JustHatched

• DavidCore89

Some good comments but I don't agree with all of the points made.

How many times were the tracks run?

Did the tester 'learn' them before arriving at the conclusion?

IMO the comments in Scouring the Projects may reflect possible frustration.

I fly round that track like no other track, the obstacles are a part of the track, take them away and it becomes easier and requires less focus.

Also, that is your style at the moment dodge. 

Edited by DavidCore89

Im not sure. I understand that this my style, but maybe it over the top a little? I dont understand "- Track feels like goin' nowhere."

What does that mean?

Dodgeservice.png

Exactly, the description says start in the projects and finish in the projects.

It's a circuit, not a point to point tour of the map, big difference.

He said he like Maze Bank Enduro, which I thought wasnt as good as Scouring the projects.

Hard to choose for me but that is only 1 persons opinion, too many are changing their creations because of 1 persons opinion on that thread, madness IMO

I usually don't change anything either Dodge. To me you either like or not. Your races are more technical than mine, mine tend to be on the goofy side with a few exceptions. Your style is technique, don't let anybody distract you from doing what you do.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree with the tilted construction barriers on the freeway turn.

If you slide into them they will stop you cold when you hit the leading edge of the next one. Without them you at least have a chance of saving momentum and not going over if you get two wheels up on the concrete wall.

I would have to try it again to see what he is referring to with the concrete barriers at CP27.....typically those types of critiques are valid though so I would consider it if you want your track to "get out" and be played/enjoyed by the general population.

Subjective stuff is subjective. "Track is going nowhere"...etc etc, No point in worrying about that. I only care about that sort of stuff if everyone, across a diverse range of people, say the same thing.

It's the type of track that requires you to run it several times to learn, you cant just go into it pedal to the metal and react.

I can think of a certain track in Germany that forces you to approach it the same way. In fact the first time you drive it in real life, it is fucking scary, not fun.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Your taste in tracks is "over the top" for me to be honest, but apart from a few problematic props I frankly don't see anything wrong with it.

I think of your tracks not as much of a racetrack as much as a vehicular gauntlet, lol. They require far more attention and learning than anything else I have ever raced.

The closest thing I think I have ever made to your style of track would be my motorcycle track "Isle of Elysian TT"....it was the 2nd or 3rd creation I ever made, and is probably still my favorite track.

• Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This reply apparently got lost in my Notification box somehow. Sorry for the late response, but thanks.

Vehicular Gaunlet... I think i like that! That may actually become the name of my next track. My next one, I am going over the top.

Dodgeservice.png

Maze Bank Enduro was approved.

They also approved  XDBX Runabout.

A couple CP tweaks will get Grand Tour v2.0 approved.

I submitted Tractor Disaster today.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Dodge. Don't be a knob.

BMX Melee is absolutely necessary.

Tight Places, Open Spaces is also fun.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I think you can only sumit 1 Dodge, unless you fixed Scouring to their liking.

they gonna chew you out for the non relavant name LOL

Future is nothing but a series of probability

I tried to make a "Dodge-ish" type track with Urban Off-Roading for off-road vehicles...try it if you would like and let me know if it is like something you would design.

It is probably too much on the tight side though. The route I wanted to use simply didnt leave much room at all, it would be raced best in non-contact I would think.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

lol, we are swarming that thread now  :lol:

Dude cant get it through his head that he is wrong about the CP for the ramps on the "Dukes" race. In 99% of other instances he would be correct, but in this case it is wrong.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Got a response on BMX Melee.

BMX Melee
+ Good short track with good lenght
+ Really like the stunt jump
- Cp's need work imo
- Start+finish should be way better as cp1 is too close to the start. What about cp13 as start/finish?
- + Then cp15 is too far behind the turn? And cp22 can go imo.
- Confusing title? What is the link? Maybe make it more clear in your description?
+ + Work on the cp's and I approve

BMX Melee

+- Good title, and description, but is it suppose to be a BMX only race? if so, you might want to make it that way and remove all the other vehicle choices.

+- Good track, all though I can't give it creativity points, because I cannot imagine that this hasn't been done at least 500 times But good nonetheless.

+- There should be a CP between 13 and 14, it is hard to see CP 14, and I had to look at my map to see where it was., other than that the CP's are fine.

No vote, put an extra between 13 and 14, and I will approve.

I never thought of moving the Start/Finish to where 13-14 are. that straightaway is long enough to allow for 16 Players. Im so dumb!

Edited by Dodgeservice
  • Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

• 2 weeks later...

That thread is becoming a total joke now.

Really if you dont get the belgian guy to review your race you won't get a competent and/or objective eye for constructive input, the other reviewers are useless.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

That thread is becoming a total joke now.

Really if you dont get the belgian guy to review your race you won't get a competent and/or objective eye for constructive input, the other reviewers are useless.

Is that stronktank or whatever?

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines