The Adder

bullittblitz

I have an Adder, there is something about having the fastest car in the game...maybe its just me.

It's not just you; I also tend to prefer to have the faster cars in the game.  Handling is equally important though.  That's one reason why I parted with the 9F Cabrio.

I know many of you are proud Turismo owners, but I'm just not a fan of its looks.  Although I did race with a stock Jester last night, and my God, that's one hell of a car.  That will definitely be in my garage at some point.

Adders are only fast with the right driver (as is any car), not saying you are not. Just seen alot of Adder shit talkers that it's fun to beatem in a slow Cheetah.

Non of that meant to anyone who has an Adder, just saying a fast car isn't always fast.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

"Faster" is such an ambiguous word when talking about cars.

It has the highest top speed of any car. But unlike the Bati where you can wheelie and actually make use of the higher top speed in a lot of cases, it's so hard to get the most out of the Adder. The XF is the quickest accelerating of any car. This mixed with it's better traction in the AWD set up along with other tidbits from the game's handling file makes it the superior car when absolutely pushed to the limit.

We are talking best possible lap times here. In a race, honestly it's anyone's game - even with skill included (you can only do so much to avoid/predict/get ahead of trouble and bad drivers). This is just proof that the highest price tag doesn't mean it's the best item.

I will say this for the Adder though: it's one of the best looking Supers and a lot more fun to drive than Easy Mode XF.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I have an Adder, there is something about having the fastest car in the game...maybe its just me.

I can see it, it may not be the best race car in the game.  But there's the status symbol behind owing the "fastest top speed" car in the game

I had rarely driven an Adder until a couple of days ago when I gave it a try again in a stock only race.  I liked the way it handled, but I still give a slight edge to the Entity.  As far as looks are concerned, I like the Entity slightly more, but I don't think the Adder is a bad looking car (unless it's chromed).

In custom races, I see equal numbers of Entity over Adder victories and vice versa.  I don't know if it's true or not, but I seem to think the Entity performs slightly better when off-road is required.  Maybe I'm just used to driving the Entity, as it was my first large scale purchase online.

As far as status symbols are concerned, I'm not concerned with that on my end.  I like what I like, and that's that.  ;)

I would like to get one just to have another super car to race.  I like mixing it up every now and then, and I got sick of my Elegy really quickly.

Edited by LN-MLB

All comes down to driver preference.

I personally prefer Turismo over the other supers, not for the looks and sound, the car works best for me.

Would there be any point in owning an Adder AND an Entity? I like my Adder but a change might be in the works. I have yet to drive a modded Entity, might have to do a few test races with both cars to determine the best lap times.

Entity has better handling so you may prefer that...I love the Cheetah but the back is not bulletproof.

Would there be any point in owning an Adder AND an Entity? I like my Adder but a change might be in the works. I have yet to drive a modded Entity, might have to do a few test races with both cars to determine the best lap times.

Entity will leave the Adder behind in most races, assuming equally skilled drivers and clean races. There are a few circuits though, namely highway ones with few urban or off-road turns, where the Adder might be the better car, assuming no catch-up, so I think for a focused racer there might be some merit in owning an Adder + Entity or Turismo. By the way, I think these last two handle almost equally good and are very similar in speed and acceleration, but the Entity is IMO a better all-round car, being more resistant to damage, more controllable in jumps, unable to be shot at from behind, etc. Besides, it has a much better clearance from the ground than the Turismo. In an absolutely clean "normal race" (with few stunts and sidewalks to cross) I'd say they're even.

• Like 2

I've never much cared for the adder, I prefer the look of the entity (it is easy for a less skilled driver like me to handle too)

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and bought one of these for my second character last night.

I don't really know what to say.  I'm honestly kind of disappointed.  Sure, it's as fast as hell, but I was wrong about the handling (after being fully modded).  From what I can tell, it spins out way too frequently and does not take corners very well at all.

Perhaps I just have to get used to driving it, but so far, I'm almost regretting the purchase.  If it doesn't work out, I'll just pick out Entity number two.