Opinion on Personal GTA Game Stats

LN-MLB

We have discussed our own personal stats in separate threads before, but I would like to get an overall idea of everyone's view regarding personal game play stats as a whole.

How important are they to you?  Do you constantly to work on them or do you simply play the game just for fun?

In my opinion, not all stats accurately represent the true skills of a said player.  Let's take racing for example.  The system only records 1st place as a win, but treats 2nd and 3rd as the same as dead last (or DNF).  As a baseball fan, I am constantly analyzing stats, and one of the big issues there is whether or not to disregard a pitcher's win and loss record.  Much like GTA racing records, it does not factor in all of the variables.  I have participated in well over 400 races while playing GTA, but there have been questionable losses and most random people seem to play with catchup on, which in my opinion, does not always reflect an accurate race victory.  The same can be said about a GTA race (with weapons enabled) or being involved with players who cheat or play dirty.  Also, many of us have traded a few wins and losses here and there for upgrades.

The same can be said about kills and death ratio.  I myself do not go around killing random players unless they provoke me first, but I have been known to even the score when it is warranted.  This stats also factors in DMs, and I have played random lobbies where it was nothing but a spawn killing tank fest.  We have also accidentally killed each other many times while horsing around in free roam.  The death train comes to mind.

There are some good stats like kill streaks and so forth, but again, I believe most stats do not give an accurate representation of a player's overall performance.  I'm not too concerned with my own, as I play more for fun, but I think this would make an interesting topic, as it seems that many are interested in improving in one area or another.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by LN-MLB

I don't pay attention to them. I did sort of at one time when trying to get tattoo unlocks and they were helpful in knowing how much more of something I had to do to get it.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I really dont care either...I used to let a player kill me once...then I go passive and start fapping but lately I have been shooting everything that moves.

I never payed any attention to them. Just like you mentioned, they're not an accurate representation of a players actual abilities. It would be nice to know how many races resulted in placing second, though.

Edited by rumdig

Stats are useful in gauging, approximately, what a player is interested in. Massive KD ratio under 1.0, probably a free roamer who just likes to go mad. Serious lack of positive race win ratio, probably races cleanly. Frankly, anyone who takes the stuff too seriously might not be much fun but that's my opinion. This isn't killzone or CoD, it's no big deal.

• Like 1

I like the stats, OK maybe they are not accurate in all aspects but a lot of people are into them.

In some ways you can benefit from them if you are looking to improve in certain situations or just to look at your performance.

I check them from time to time, it doesn't take any fun away from the game in any way but I don't work to improve them so to speak, it either happens or it doesn't.

IMO I don't think it has a bearing on how much fun a person is as other games are heavily based on stats, such as FIFA.

I care about how much money one has spent on clothes. Less than $30,000 tells me you're a slob and are not deserving of glam. If you aint got no money take your broke ass home