Money Money Money

grjkie

Evening guys, I'd like to debate money with you guys here since we are all gamers, we all know a bit about gaming, a few of you work in finance and I'd like your general opinion on a specific gaming subject. 

Read this article please, http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/15/super-mario-run-downloads-soar-but-investors-arent-convinced.html?__source=yahoo%7cfinance%7cheadline%7cheadline%7cstory&par=yahoo&doc=104170593

Its about SuperMarioRun, will it work? What do you guys think about it, will it help drive the Nintendo stock up? I get it will take at least a couple of months for it to affect the Nintendo stock right?

Occasionally I get urges to invest some of my money on the gaming industry and I did that with Nintendo :D

I invested on this http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NTOA.F/key-statistics?p=NTOA.F+Key+Statistics&.tsrc=applewf

when it was at around 24, and well, quite frankly I honestly sort of dislike financial analysts speaking through their elbows as opposed to their mouths. You think they got it right? Doesn't the math add up? If in Japan 25M people bought a fucking Nintendo console isn't it obvious that this will make money?

(SuperMarioRun is software(all profit from now) millions will buy the fuckin game and I'm saying this as a gamer)

Cheers for reading :D

Edited by grjkie
Typo

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Oh, I mainly felt like posting this because I read, 

"but I think the gamers won't buy it because it costs 10$" 

to which I answer, stick to give opinions on topics you know about, don't say people won't buy because it costs 10$ on a subject you know jack shit about :D

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I mean, now a gamers(mine) view on this, 

they thought about this shit, they could as easily made the game free-to-play as most other money making machines do but decided to go on a 10$ price tag. 

I bought the game so I know they could add micro-transactions easily and opted out... And there is growing room for the app, it will evolve as well so, one report I read a bit more optimistic says 200M will pay to have it. I personally think this is accurate any that's a 2B profit in a few months time. That's a win right there :)

www.ishare4free.com

Money money

I'd like you money guys to jump in on this

Check out this "Nintendo -3.3% as 'Super Mario Run' rolls out; success priced in?
http://www.seekingalpha.com/news/3231011 "

and if that caught your eye, check out the comments section and tell me if that manic guy is really literally crazy or?

www.ishare4free.com

9 hours ago, Squirrel said:

What's wrong with the model they used for Pokémon go? Free game with optional purchases. How much money has that made for Nintendo

Not much yet, but it's all for them, that's what they betted on. 

Check this out 

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sure-looks-nintendos-next-video-174441961.html

Now I see, VR even cheaper than the PSVR :o

www.ishare4free.com

And you know Nintendo, game changers? 

Maybe at least that's what they're saying. 

But I see now, won't be hard to create a Nintendo universe using augmented reality, a comfortable headset and the tablet in front of your eyes. Wow I enjoyed this a lot :D

www.ishare4free.com

15 hours ago, grjkie said:

Money money

I'd like you money guys to jump in on this

Check out this "Nintendo -3.3% as 'Super Mario Run' rolls out; success priced in?
http://www.seekingalpha.com/news/3231011 "

and if that caught your eye, check out the comments section and tell me if that manic guy is really literally crazy or?

Not sure if you managed to read that guys comments but I really feel like sending him this video...

www.ishare4free.com

• 5 weeks later...

I ran into this post by randomly searching for 'Nintendo' in the text field incase someone had covered the topic I was about to raise. I saw where Nintendo stock had dropped to about 6.2% though this article gives 6% flat https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/e3aa1fa3-6c2b-3079-9db0-73e905c8cf5d/ss_nintendo%26%2339%3Bs-investors-were.html after the Switch reveal. Then again as one of your links stated its a binary stock, I am sure investors opted out of their investment and existing and new ones bought up stock. The stock should not have gone into the red after a console presentation, but with a console that's boasting 32GB storage upgradeable to 2tb via micro sdxc (never seen or heard of one), no blue ray drive, $300 price point, 3 hrs battery life while playing the new Zelda & a online subscription fee no specifics yet, but just to name what I have learned so far. Its astonishingly bad to me and seeing that the Super Mario Run & the Switch falls under the same trading name on the market, 'if I am seeing this right,' whether heavily or not one affects the other.   

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

The subscription issue is something that both Sony and Microsoft have, I don't see it as a bad thing, the issue there(maybe with the Switch it'll be different) is that Nintendo was more directed towards the younger generations. Apparently as you are aware they want to change that, good move IMO but that won't be its selling point. 

I believe the Switch has potential to be a great console, I am getting one myself because I'm a gamer but I want to include my family as well and that's not easy to achieve with my current setup. I am holding the stock mostly because I still believe they aren't giving us full disclosure. I'm curious about it, I will be supporting it because I like Nintendo and I have small kids that will enjoy it as well for sure.

My main argument with these cunts was that the switch is a console/tablet hybrid, hence easy as fuck to have a headset of sorts, stick the tablet inside and have ar or mr. 

I was hoping to know about it the 12th, didn't happen but still, so far I'm not disappointed :)

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Some how I knew you were going to say that about the online subscription but decided not to edit it out :) though its kind of counter productive to my argument from the view point of being an investor as it is a source of revenue. If anyone believes in it, this would be the best time to purchase cheap stocks and sell when the stock price starts riding high.

• Like 1

Agreed, I'm a small idiot investor myself, I invest in what I believe in, it is not my field... 

That said, when it comes to Nintendo I am holding them even though every fuckin financial institution is saying that Nintendo is a huge sell... And I honestly believe they are fuckin with us :D

www.ishare4free.com

@Smurf look at this http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/01/14/the-glass-half-full-case-for-the-nintendo-switch/?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix#402e7afc43ad

That is a more realistic review, something I would have liked to see before Jan 12th, but people that are not gamers(apparently that guy is a gamer as well and I enjoyed the article) were just bashing Nintendo. They may be saving the AR feature (I believe it'll have) for the holidays... Me and my wife were excited about the 1,2 switch "party" game that was showcased, I can actually see myself having a blast with my wife and kids so I'll gladly pour my money at them :D

Edit- I think the game is "1,2, play" or something like that :D

Edited by grjkie
  • Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

I have no idea, but I think you can create one through their page. But you have probably tried it already... And I actually think mine was made on one of the consoles, but it was a while back already, I am not sure about it :/

www.ishare4free.com

• 2 weeks later...