How much do you play story mode?

JustHatched

Do you split time with online?

I only play story when my internet is down or if I am just having a bad day. Having got 100% completion and 2 story trophies left to get I do not spend much time on it. If a new DLC comes out with cars I test them in story first. I would like to see a story DLC come out for more options on gameplay though.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustHatched

• Fido_le_muet

• LN-MLB

• Jaggy

I haven't touched it at all since joining the crew.  I should get around to eventually, but I figure it will always be around (as opposed to the online servers), so I'm not in a big hurry.

I was just playing for a bit. Am going for platinum in this game, and really loved the story the first time, so am now doing it at a more leisury pace, splitting time between missions, random activities and events, and collectibles hunting. Also trying to do it perfectly, auto-save off, and I don't accept death, which always leads to a reload. I find that helps me take my survival skills up a notch. Also trying the gold medals in missions, which is great to practice accuracy, as many demand that and a certain number of headshots 

Finished 78.63% of the game -- including the main story part -- just some sub-missions left -- since discovering GTAO beginning of February and joining XDBX beginning of march -- I doubt I will finish the rest of it...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

I played SP until I beat it prior to Online being released. Sitting around 72%. Don't spend much time there anymore unless it's to test out a car or various paint jobs (better to lose $100K at a time there than in Online lol).

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I completed 100% when I first bought the game, however, to get back on to PSN I had to create a different user. So now it shows ~7% completion, haven't touched SP since going online.

Don't play sp at all now, I may sticky bomb michael's family every now and again for a laugh though

I always do this just before going online lol

• Like 1

I took things slowly, which turned out to work in my favour, as I found out that Franklin's assassination missions had to be done last.

I collected all the letter scraps, spaceship parts and underwater treasures too.

But haven't touched story mode since moving onto online mode.

I used to play a ton. I beat the game three times and two 100%'s (I lost data on two occassions) with my last one being a "true 100%" which is everything done on the Social Club. I wanted to do a full 100% and all trophies before playing online which is why I was late to the party.

Now onto the online trophies!

alchemist3321.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I play it quite a bit. No 100% yet but I've completed the main story and all the strangers & Freaks missions. I'm on my 3rd restart now trying to make the most from the stock market this time around. I've read some forums on the internet about ending up with around 2 billion on each character if performed correctly so that's my goal now. once that's done it's time to go for the 100% then not really sure what will happen after that. Probably get bored with it and only play online for most the time like everyone else.

I played it for 3 weeks straight before I came to gtao. I wanted to know the map a bit 1st and get used to the game mechanics before I took anyone on lol.

Unfortunately for me, there was an early glitch where you had to do certain missions in a specific order (nobody knew the order) & if you didn't 1 mission remained locked never to be opened. Thus I only have 99.2% completion... It wont let me finish. This pissed me off no end.

I hate story mode, especially Michael. I hate being sent back there all the time and spawning as Michael... he is such a **** lol. Gimme Trevor or Franklin anyday. Even Michaels family give me the dirts lol!

I also ony go there to test out new cars before I buy them.

Ocassionally if I'm tired of being timed out I run around in there for 10 mins, but it never lasts, there's nothing to do there but fight cops or do missions you've done over and over anyway.

4.84% lol.

I have played it to the point where online is available and that is it.

I did around 70% before but it was corrupt and had to start again.

Maybe I will go for the 100% one day if I'm feeling up to it but online is so much fun right now with the crew.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

I got up to 95% then started online. Did start SP again to do the alternative plans on the heists but MP took hold and hasn't let go yet.

I have been thinking of doing some heists again recently but I can't see me doing that for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I've always maintained that I don't enjoy sp games, and I avoid playing them. That said, when I recently picked up gta v for PC I gave the story a shot. I've never been more surprised by a sp game. It was absolutely amazing. I became so invested in the characters that I just couldn't stop playing until I was done. Sure I have a few side quests leff, but without the continued character development I'm not so invested anymore.

It was an amazing few days.

Now I'm back to the online game with crew because that's where the longevity of the game is found.