Car Modding Confessions

LN-MLB

I spend a lot of time at LSC, because I think I am literally addicted to modding cars.  I love checking out which cars have which options, and I find myself constantly adjusting minor visual aspects of my personal vehicles.

My questions for you guys are: how do you prefer to mod your cars?  Are visual looks more important to you than performance?  Do you only pick certain color schemes?  Are there any mods that you favor highly or dislike?  Which types of wheels do you prefer (and why)?  Do you lean towards more conservative looking cars or are you all about going against the grain?  Do you keep the same paint jobs or do you switch them like you do your socks?  Also, how often do you frequent LSC when not selling a stolen car?

I don't generally go for very extreme looking cars or paint schemes.  My most "flashy" painted car is my Entity, which is some sort of midnight color with lighter wheel coloring.  I tend to favor a more conservative look for my cars, as I wouldn't be caught dead with full chrome or a bright, wild, multi-colored vehicle.  Also, absolutely no dollar sign rims.  My favorite color is blue, and I am very thankful that is the crew color.  However, I do own red, green, black, and brownish colored vehicles.

Although I do go for the performance mods first, as I see them as almost necessary for racing.  All of my cars have stock horns as well; I'm not personally a huge fan of the other options.  I try to pick vehicles from each class, but I recently decided to part with my off-road, and I've never owned a compact.

LSC is usually my first stop when I pull out of the garage.  How about you?

i spend more time in LSC and my Garage than my house, i go for performance and handling first and i prefer them to be harmony, feel the car and feel the road, i build em in GTA as i build em in real life, Bling will not win you races supercharger will xD, people often make a mistake that they buy a super car make it look like a christmas tree and put their remain dollars on performance and then they will cry how they cant handle the damn thing.. ^^

• Like 1

I like saying that I have a jailbroken phone, but I don't like saying that I use my jailbroken phone to access locked upgrades for me. I still pay for it since the jailbreak only applies to the phone's side of the ordeal, but still, I'm accessing locked mods.

I also use my jailbroken phone to have multiple plates. The downside with the "patch" for the plates is that I can't lock down a plate for myself. If someone uses my then-iconic NFSTR11 plate, it's gone for me.

But what I don't ever talk about is that I never give all my cars all the mods available to it. My cars always have full performance upgrades, full tints, the BP tires, all the ulititarian things. But on just pure cosmetics? My Alpha, for example, uses a stock hood.

A8FgB70.jpg

I'm in the "less is more" camp. I will mod a vehicle for performance first and foremost. When cosmetics come into play it depends but more often than not I will approach that aspect with what I feel is "tasteful" or practical for say a manufacturer. I'm not into the whole SEMA look of vehicles with outrageous canards, spoilers and color schemes. I also find myself keeping the stock rims of a vehicle but if I feel there is a better option the color there remains: alloy, black, carbon black or black metal. I take a similar approach to painting a car - nothing extreme and generally speaking I keep them based on existing or pre-existing colors or again, a tasteful selection.

Chrome is tacky. There are however a few instances where I feel it's "acceptable". And that's as a secondary color in vehicles like the Alpha, Z-Type and Roosevelt. I suppose the best way to give you an idea of what I mean on how I treat vehicles aesthetically I'll include some shots (of course I'll take an opportunity to showcase cars I have or had ^ ^).

I'll also throw in that Custom Tires are something I don't like. I would rather not have them. However if I feel they enhance the ride in some way (they do) I'll add them. Likewise if I feel they detract from the ride (they can, preferentially speaking too), I'll leave them off.

2q9hv9i.jpg

Jester - Felt all ground effects were overkill. Spoiler I'm not sold on but I feel it adds some kind of visual balance to the rear. (note no extreme racing modifications "roll cage 2").

nwaqkm.jpg

Buffalo MK 2 - An instance where I like to base a car off of something already in existence. Dodge's "Super Bee" trim for the Charger.

33x8qdc.jpg

Infernus - Another example of drawing inspiration from a car that exists (Lambo Diablo)

1zxtzj8.jpg

Alpha - Stock wheels, no ground effects, no spoiler. Just a pure deep Cadillac sourced red.

5y68ah.jpg

Turismo R - Caved and made the purchase for giggles. Wanted to get as close as possible to the LaFerrari (vibrant red) but the rims were too low quality, so kept stock.

You get the idea lol.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

G37 - I must say that you have some great looking cars.

I don't mind spoilers on certain cars, but like you said, it all depends on the type of car.  As for chrome, I hate it with an undying passion.  Some of the stock rims are nice, but I usually change them to something similar or something more suited to my own personal tastes.  As far as custom tires go, all of my cars have them, but I'm neither passionate about them nor against them.  They are just there, and I decided to go with them.  All of my cars have bulletproof tires as well, as I feel that is a necessary option in the world of GTA.  I also have never changed a car's smoke color, as I believe that's just a waste of money (in my opinion).

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 1

Haha appreciate it. You brought up some things I forgot about for sure. I will always 100% armor a car and add Bullet Proof tires. I will also always Limo Tint my vehicles. I forgot about Tire Smoke. It's not something I like either. If anything I tend to set it to Black. And as far as Car Horns go, that is the only place I'll get remotely "annoying". Truck Horn all the way.

Hopefully some folks throw some rides up as well. Not sure if there's a place for that. Still taking the time to navigate around.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Hey G37, I guess we have the same taste when it comes to modding cars. I basically hate tuning in real life but I still mod my cars in GTA but only slightly.

I hate big wings, skirts and huge bumpers. I prefer sobriety in my cars. Less is more as some of you have said earlier.

I also like to do replicas of real life cars. I have a nice Coquette I made to look like a C7 Corvette Z06.

I wish I could do more of those but my garage is full. Need to do them in SP instead. Should be easier with all the money my characters have^^

• Like 1

I'm minimalistic - bulletproofing and crew colouring and I'm done. I'm crap at racing and gave up unlocking mods from wins ages ago.

My car modding is simple. Crew color primary on all of my vehicles when possible with something different for secondary if available. I don't add spoilers as I'm not a fan of the look. I don't have many performance mods unlocked at the moment so I max out what I can.  I also change out the stock wheels for something that I think looks better and bullet proof tires are a must.

kQ4fIRp.png

I enjoy looking for the rarer cars just to see what parts are available, my latest is a Bravado Youga fully modded and I love it, I get bored and get something else every now and again but my crew colored racers stay put no matter what (Turismo, Jester, Bati 801, Gauntlet and Schafter)

I never ever use carbon hoods or carbon spoilers I prefer to use a color coded part, I think a carbon roof can look OK on certain cars but there are not many.

Some days I spend over 250k on the paint jobs for my other cars (Surrano, Rocoto, Sentinel XS and Z-Type), attempting to create some unique paint jobs with matte and pearl together.

Here is my Obey Rocoto I finished off yesterday

0_0.jpg

Obviously BP tires are a must, window tint I will only leave stock if there is something interesting inside the car, roll cage on a Youga or sound system in the Cavalcade etc.

All performance unlocks go on before anything else for me as they are by far the most expensive, this way I can get an idea of what colors I want.

Here's another paint job I made using matte and pearl, Dewbauchee Exemplar, since been sold but this paint is now on my Sentinel XS. 

0_0.jpg

• Like 1

I haveto move cars around a lot. I cant just keep the same cars for long. I mod for performance first, looks second. When t comes to modding the appearance, I go as far as I need to go to make it look good to me. Colors would vary before I joined XDBX. By my own choice, All my cars have something on them crew colored since I joined XDBX. The only exception to that rule is my Pheonix. It looks like the "Smokey and the Bandit" car.

Dodgeservice.png

In my case I had loads of the glitch money given to me, so I stole and bought cars only to see what they looked like when done and how they drove. Having done that I was able to figure out what I like. Most aren;t the top of the list in performance but a balance for me in looks and ability. I only go to LSC for repaint and fixin.

All are crew color and black, black muscle wheels with white letter bp tires.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: