Watch_Dogs 2

grjkie

This is mainly for @Banketelli but a short personal review as well that you may find useful... 

When Banks asked me about this I told him he should only get it if someone gave it to him. I had like 15 to 20m of playing it and now that I have a couple of hours into it, I started feeling bad for Ubisoft. Yeah, my fault really, and R*'s, as usual. See, we are all here because we in a way love GTA. We have that in common. With that in mind, personally R* ruined sandbox games with GTA, so, whenever a game doesn't live up to my own personal expectations (here I thought I was getting GTA with a parkour update and a special smartphone) I deem it to be bad. Sorry Ubisoft and shame on you R* for giving us a game filled with bugs that everyone despite having played for years, are still playing and, paying to play... Golden goose, everyone wants it but not an easy task. For now, no. GTA is the sandbox king. Still, Watchdogs 2 is not bad at all. Visually it is stunning, I'm reviewing on a ps pro, and a 4k TV with hdr, you know all that crap they say it's good. The game is beautiful and I can't wait for GTA 6 :D

So visually it is really beautiful, makes me want to play it only because of that. Gameplay is intuitive, I struggled with it as much as I struggle with learning the controls on a new game, nothing new here (despite the fact that vehicles seem to have like 20 forward speeds...). Driving around is not GTA and feels weird. But it looks good :D

Hacking throughout the city using drones and apps makes this a real interesting experience, enjoying it a lot so far, the multiplayer bit is exciting, hacking others, hiding from them and seeing their despair searching for you, searching for your hacker, and I'm sure the co-op missions are fun as well. 

So, if you have money laying around its not a bad experience, not GTA but not a bad game. Hope this was helpful and not confusing in any way :)

• Like 4

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Mate thanks for the review. I played Watchdogs for months and loved it but wasn't sure if Watchdogs 2 would live up to it. After reading this, I think it might by my next purchase.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Mate thanks for the review. I played Watchdogs for months and loved it but wasn't sure if Watchdogs 2 would live up to it. After reading this, I think it might by my next purchase.

I played the first one and although fun I never got into it. Wasn't the time for that game I guess, it wasn't bad but it wasn't I expected, this one I'm enjoying a lot more and if you did enjoy the first one you surely won't regret getting this :)

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

8 minutes ago, grjkie said:

I played the first one and although fun I never got into it. Wasn't the time for that game I guess, it wasn't bad but it wasn't I expected, this one I'm enjoying a lot more and if you did enjoy the first one you surely won't regret getting this :)

I hope your profession is a salesperson! If it isn't, you should really consider it ;P

• Like 1

Not a sales guy :D and I really felt bad about speaking it wasn't worth it after playing for 15m. Glad it helped you :)

www.ishare4free.com

I played the first one, it was one of the free games on PS Plus at one point, I didn't use my main account though and was a 2 week free period of PS Plus I was using at the time so unless I pay for PS Plus for my other account or buy the game I can't continue it. Anyway, I thought the concept of the game was great, I do like Ubisofts games despite all the bugs, the multiplayer angle was quite unique. What put the nail in the coffin for the first game though was the release of GTA V on the PS4. Now the GTA buzz has gone I'd consider playing this again but with any Ubisoft game, you get the best experience a few months after release once they polish the game and get rid of the worst of the bugs. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...