My Summer Car

Squirrel

I've just seen this game on reddit while I was looking for something else and it looks funny as fuck especially for those who enjoy working on cars. Basically it's a Car Mechanic/Life simulator set in Finland. You start off with a garage, a shell of car and 100's of parts and you have to put the car together. There's a whole load of side activities in order for you to earn money to buy and collect parts with the added danger of Finnish drivers on the road. 

From what I've seen the driving mechanics are realistic as well as the actually mechanics of an engine are incredible too even down to having to adjust the timing of the valves etc. The best part of the game is probably the dedicated swear button plus the option where you can just forget about the car and just drink beer instead.

There's a single life so if you fuck up and crash or drink too much and die you have to start right from square one again. Lots of customisation options too, you can create a factory spec car or rally racer plus many other options. 

It's PC only at the moment, no idea if there will be a console port. 

@Hatch, @zztop911@TheBoyBry, @Matty plus anyone else whose mechanically minded this could be the game for you.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/516750

• Like 3

It's actually quite good fun. I've seen my brother play it. You do actually need to know the fundamentals of putting a car together.  Not sure I wanna pay for it though as I have a bunch of early access games that look like they will never be anything but just that. 

yFn5uY6.png

I'm clueless when it comes to car maintenance. I know the engine is the oily bit and the wheels are the round bits and that's about it but this looks like it could be a real laugh. 

They have said the game is pretty much complete now, couple of little bugs to work out but it's a nice cheap price now while it's early access. 

:lol: Crazy finnish people... It looks like something @Matusware came up with and designed. 

Wish I knew anything about car mechanics, but all I know is how to check oil levels, fill up on gas and windshield fluid, find and replace faulty fuses, check and adjust tire pressure and change tires. I even struggle with changing light bulbs since they've managed to make it almost impossible to access them in newer cars (you need to take half of the car apart to be able to get to them nowadays!). I wouldnt last long in this game, would probably run out of beer first.

• Like 3

This game is a challenge! Love how there's no instructions and with the ever impending chance of death you have to be on your toes at all times. 

Even a simple task of making it to the shop to buy food has ended up being fatal. I've played for about 6 hours so far and I'm still yet to put any car parts together. I've hit trees, rolled my van and starved to death in the wild, my latest death is my most disgusting one yet, I was draining someones septic tank. Thought it was empty so leaned over to have a look at the progress and fell in. Damn this permadeath. Time to start all over again!  

• 2 weeks later...

Little progress report. Finally got my car going and moving. Seemed to have missed a lot of bolts and on the second attempt at driving all was well until I turned a corner and the wheels fell off. 

I have motion at last but the car is far from happy. @Ninja and anyone else mechanical I need your help! 

A few images of my progress so far too

20161112142152_1.jpg20161121203130_1.jpg20161123220259_1.jpg

• Like 2