Americans, who did/ will you vote for?

Jesse

I know this is a question that some don't like to answer/ rather keep for themselves and that's fine. Share it if you like or just tell me what you think about the candidates. I'm no expert on how it works over there but the media here in the UK is filled with things about your elections. Just wondering what it's like there and what your thoughts are :) 

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere, not been able to find it.

• Like 4

I'm curious about this as well.

Here in France, it's all over the news every day as well. The choice seems pretty straight forward from a french (and I believe) a european perspective.

• Like 1

This election is a joke overall and how we ever managed to come up with these 2 is mind boggling

Personally I am for Trump, not that I think he is all that but for my interests he represents them better than Clinton. Trumps biggest issue is he doesn't know when to shut up.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

As a country we like to often say that we are the greatest country on Earth and a whole lot of shit like that and while I don't think I want to live any where else I am glad the "greatest" can put their 2 best people forward and show the rest of the world how awesome we are :rolleyes:<_<

• Like 10

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

When my Absentee Ballot came in I laughed and put it on the dresser, should of made a paper plane 

& send it northerly when the last hurricane blew close by.

• Like 2

It's always on the news in my country, not sure why, we've got our own shit going on such as road closures, but this is still top story.

People questioned the intelligence of Brits for voting Brexit without even knowing what the EU was for themselves, yet millions of people are voting for Donald fucking Trump of all people :lol:

Surely Clinton is the most capable. I mean, that's a huge job.

• Like 2

I have already voted as well with early voting here in Florida. I will not say who I voted for. There are more names on the ballot than Clinton and Trump. I will say that the two main candidates we have are flawed and as the country we are, we should have had better options for the main candidates of this election. This country is screwed either way it goes. I lost more and more respect for Trump each time he was addressed. Talking poorly about POW's was hurtful. I think what hit me the worst was when he made fun of the handicapped reporter. We live in a world today where bullying is too much and kids are killing themselves left and right because of it, yet we have a Presidential candidate that portrays bullying. What are we teaching our kids??? Many of you don't know this and I would appreciate nothing being said to him (only sharing since he does not log into site) Having a son that has been diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome due to motor tics, I take direct offense to what he has done with that. Luckily it is not severe and his attacks are not on the daily. I see the look in his face each time he sees it. Clinton has made some f'ed up decisions in her time as well. 

• Like 8

I can't vote for a candidate that is part of the "elite" and can get away with crimes that would still have me in a military prison for doing the exact same f*cking thing!

One candidate we KNOW from past performance can't handle military issues or decisions and will outright lie to our faces about it.

NEITHER candidate is my best choice. One candidate would not get my vote if they were the only candidate and even with a gun held to my head.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

@Dodge for President!!! 

• Like 4

Its obviously huge on the news here as well.

One thing that I cant figure out is that how much does an average voter reflect on how the world balance could be impacted by a more isolated US?

image.png

Personally I'm hoping America is using the Presidential method shown in the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy:

President of the Imperial Galactic Government
The President is very much a figurehead - he wields no real power whatsoever. He is apparently chosen by the government, but the qualities he is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it.

An orange sash is what the President of the Galaxy traditionally wears.

On those criteria Zaphod Beeblebrox is one of the most successful Presidents the Galaxy has ever had. He spent two of his ten Presidential years in prison for fraud. Very very few people realize that the President and the Government have virtually no power at all, and of these very few people only six know whence ultimate political power is wielded. Most of the others secretly believe that the ultimate decision-making process is handled by a computer. They couldn't be more wrong

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Lann said:

Its obviously huge on the news here as well.

One thing that I cant figure out is that how much does an average voter reflect on how the world balance could be impacted by a more isolated US?

The only "isolation" that I can see is a far more secured border envisioned by one candidate. The other has stated that an "open door" is their preferred policy of their candidacy.

An "America first" attitude can only bolster America's presence in the world over the long run.

There's not enough room or time to lay out what needs to be done, but to answer your question, the "average voter" must devote very little time to reflect on any REAL issue that America faces.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

I will vote for my anus cuz it cant put out as much shit as trump or Clinton

MY ANUS 2016!

• Like 6

WTF IS THAT NOISE??????????????//

Nuttin'......Just the fat lady singing for Hillary.:wink:

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

After Brexit I'm not surprised by the result. Like Farage, Trump is clearly an idiot who knows how to manipulate the common man. Not saying everyone who voted for Trump is an idiot but it seems a lot of his support has come from people who don't want another Clinton in the Whitehouse, just a shame there wasn't a viable alternative to the two of them.

151210_peep_show_trust.jpg

• Like 4

One need to remember we get our reality from media. I do, UK do, US does, Russia and  north Korea does. 

Before judging too hard. 

Edited by Lann