Defense and manouver ability tactical skills

Lijanor

Does anyone know how effective the manouverability and defense tactical and pilot skill are for larger vessels? intuitively, I feel these would be great skills for a b'rel or defiant, and not as effective for large vessels such as a neg var or warbird...I am assuming the larger vessels benefit from higher skills that boost hull?

I am curious if I am correct as my science captain dumped points into hull boosting skills and I am thinking I would get more use out of a larger support vessel as opposed to a bird of prey (I have been using a BOP as I feel I get versatility out of the universal slots)

I use a console for turn rate on my Fed Cruiser and my Negh'Var. I think it helps get rid of a lot of that sluggish feeling the ship has.

A the other console buff Hull and Shield Regeneration and Capacity. Aswell as weapon systems. So far, those ship as are working well.

Dodgeservice.png

Thanks Dodge.

From what you have seen, do you find the tactcial defense manouvering skills as equally effective as the skills that boost hull and shield strength in increasing the survivability of a ship? 

So far I am running a science ship with skills directed at boosting shield and hull strength. I am just curious if I sold myself short by not putting any ranks in defensive manouverability .  

18 hours ago, Lijanor said:

Thanks Dodge.

From what you have seen, do you find the tactcial defense manouvering skills as equally effective as the skills that boost hull and shield strength in increasing the survivability of a ship? 

So far I am running a science ship with skills directed at boosting shield and hull strength. I am just curious if I sold myself short by not putting any ranks in defensive manouverability .  

I think you'll be ok, and probably an easy way to tell is if you are in a fight and your sheilds get drained faster then you can turn the facing side so that a different side is being hit, If your shields can take a pounding and you can turn fast enough to allow the pounded side to regen then you are good, if not you might add a turn rate console

Somewhat related, I do not know what you use for weapons, but I was asked the other day about adding more cannons instead of beams to the fore of the the ship, my answer was if you can turn the ship fast enough to keep the nose on the enemy then go with cannons, otherwise go with beams cuz your cannons won't be firing if you cant turn the ship fast enough.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: