Tank?

Cotick20

Within about three weeks of joining XDBX I have enough money for a tank, I just need to wait six more levels and I will be able to get one...

Do I want a tank? Do I need a tank? Maybe something else? I was just wondering what you think?...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

I bought mine yesterday and so far am not sorry, just because of the amount of idiots using it. I used to fight them on foot but it usually took me 3 or 4 deaths to bring one down, and now there's some sort of glitch that when I'm killed by the tank with Grenade Launcher on my hand I lose all the ammo from that weapon, which makes it impractical or borderline impossible. With the RPG it's harder to hit and it has a much slower firing rate.

Have used it twice since, only to fight tankards. I pick it up when someone in a tank blows me up. Don't mess with any other players with it, I think it's rather low. You'll get the better over the tankards because they'll usually already be partially damaged when you arrive in your brand new tank. Just in case I get my blip turned off by Lester and approach from the back, which makes it faster blowing them up.

Whether it's worth it or not, depends on how much you are annoyed by being killed by a tank or not. I don't like backing down fights (hackers are the exception obviously) so am happy with mine. It will also allow you to solo some hard missions if that's your way of going about it.

Wouldn't make it a priority though, I love racing, so bought and upgraded every car I wanted before leaving some aside for that.

Edited by Arruda
  • Like 1

Tank in lobby?...........leave lobby, don't become a twanker like them. Buy 3 buses with the money, start holiday tour company, retire to Florida a rich man.

• Like 4

I never use mine anymore, I saw a guy level 200 and something picking on all the new people after christmas in his tank so I went and got a jet and blew him up lol, never thought about using my tank. When people see you in one they just try and destroy it  :unsure:

A tank can only be used for one thing, a buzzard on the other hand...

It actually depends what you want, tank griefers aren't that frequent and when you can take the tank out with a stolen Lazer, it seems even more impractical.

Before heavy artillery I would suggest buying the cars you want and fully upgrading them first, as Arruda suggested.

I also don't like backing down, but I know I won't be the only one who wants to kill the tank, everyone wants to blow it up as Dani said.

If you feel as though you need a tank for self defense, that's fully your choice but remember, you have a lot of crew members here to back you up with a range of heavy artillery  :D

• Like 2

I love my tank! If I'm not getting any invites and I'm bored, I'll get it out in freemode and see how long it takes for morons to come calling. It never takes long. Other than that, I will use it for certain missions as backup. It's a match-winner.

It actually depends what you want, tank griefers aren't that frequent and when you can take the tank out with a stolen Lazer, it seems even more impractical.

I could never do that, need some practice. In fact, stealing Lazers, never mind using them to hit ground targets (am fine in Air DM's), is probably the "common" thing I'm worse at in this game. You guys use Rockets or Cannons?

Must say, I find the tank funny. I enjoyed killing a twankard yesterday and watching a couple of newbs who were being battered celebrating in front of my tank as soon as they realized I was friendly. Felt like a one-man liberation army. We then all got killed by a shove of mortar-like destruction and explosions from a hacker we couldn't even touch (not the twanker).

Obviously in a Cost / "time used" analysis it's a bit pointless compared to other stuff.

Edited by Arruda
  • Like 1

I could never do that, need some practice. In fact, stealing Lazers, never mind using them to hit ground targets (am fine in Air DM's), is probably the "common" thing I'm worse at in this game.

I'm not a great pilot with the Lazer either but the tank is very very slow, so a guided missile will almost certainly hit from a position where the tank dude cannot even see you or even from a low flying position, he will hear the beeps, try to move but he will not have enough time or speed to do so.

Lazer is fairly easy to steal, so in theory it's free but the kill is priceless, much cheaper than a tank too.

• Like 1

the tanks alright, but personally i think its better to have a buzzard. mainly for doing curtain mission where you can use the buzzard and save money on using ammo. i've only used my tanks a handful of times and when i do the mission chemical extraction. some times in the buzzard blows up the van in the garage but the missiles never go anywhere near the garage

I have been pondering the idea of getting one for a while, mostly before I joined the crew. I was getting so fed up of being bullied by spotty faced little kids mocking me in their voice comms when i did venture out into public lobbies. So doing my best Eric Cartman, i was like screw you guys I'm buying a tank when i make 1.5 mil, (had 120,000 in bank lol) Now I have the money but I am not so obsessed to get one as i was.... my son on the other hand, everyday asks me when am i getting my tank just so i can blow things up, lol

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your responses -- it looks like the buzzard is beating the tank, infact if I were to take a pole -- its:

2 -- Tank

3 -- Buzzard

2 -- Lazer (although you cant store it in the garage)

1 -- Tour bus

1 -- new car

A tank can only be used for one thing, a buzzard on the other hand...

Before heavy artillery I would suggest buying the cars you want and fully upgrading them first, as Arruda suggested.

Most of my cars are upgraded as far as I can upgrade them -- as far as buying cars -- there are so many choices -- I have tried to pick one for racing -- I am not sure what to get?

I'm not a great pilot with the Lazer either but the tank is very very slow, so a guided missile will almost certainly hit from a position where the tank dude cannot even see you or even from a low flying position, he will hear the beeps, try to move but he will not have enough time or speed to do so.

Lazer is fairly easy to steal, so in theory it's free but the kill is priceless, much cheaper than a tank too.

I also tried to steal the Lazer 5 times yesterday and got blown up all 5 times a few feet after leaving the base -- maybe they knew I was coming!

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

Hi all, Hey just my 2 cents here. I think most posts here are correct. Just to give insight to my opinion - I am rank 302 (NO GLITCHING EVER) I have 22 million as of today (NO GLITCHING EVER, want too make mad $$$ hit me up) 2 Entities, 1 Adder, 1 Vacca, 1 Cheetah, 1 Roosevelt etc...; ALL fully modded 100%;  A tank, a buzzard, boats - you name it. An all around FAST, GREAT ON CORNERS, BULLET PROTECTION ETC car is the ENTITY FX - HANDS DOWN! Adder is faster but fishtails A LOT.

A tank is GREAT for blasting through some missions FAST (See making mad $$$ comment above) and a buzzard is great for other missions...OVERALL the Buzzard wins hands-down! It's SO versatile and can be used in ANY mission (maybe not "Sinking feeling" but most) but from what I'm told it CAN'T auto-target a tank...GET THE BUZZARD FIRST after a good fully modded super car. BULLET PROOF TIRES IS THE VERY FIRST THING TO UPGRADE - NO IF, ANDS or BUTS ABOUT IT.

As for the tank being destroyed by a stolen Lazer...usually a tank  is being pursued by the police (if used correctly LOL) and subsequently will have MANY MULTIPLE targets around it when the lazer comes calling, If the tank driver is smart he keeps the cops around when they see the lazer in the air...I've been in the tank with a lazer above and know they can't target me directly or easily. The pilot is usually NOT experienced in a LAZER and usually swoops low enough to get a few pot-shots in at it and staying downtown with all the tall buildings is a good play too. Yes the tank will go down, everything does, but it sure wins in a grudge match...

Fightin28

• Like 1

I wouldn't say don't get a tank, but the times of needing are far less than not needing it.

Depends on your play style. If you want to go on free roam rampages then yeah, that's the thing to have. If you want a more well rounded tool useful for most situations then the buzzard.

I have a tank, I don't regret getting it. But since this crew got together I think I have had it out 3 times as I am not in public freeroams nearly as much.

On the Lazer, this shouldn't even be a consideration as you can't buy and you can't count on getting it every time you need it. But when tank killing, a good pilot can easily wipe out tanks with the cannon.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: