Westworld

Squirrel

Anyone watching this? I should hope you are as it's giving me some serious Red Dead hype.

I don't want to go into the premise of the series other than the Western setting as that itself would be a spoiler for the first episode.

All I'm going to say is that this is going to be the next big thing, it has a great cast in Antony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Thandie Newton as well as many other recognisible faces plus the legendary Steven Ogg (aka Trevor) also makes an appearance.

JJ Abrams and Jonathan Noble are behind it and it's based on a book by Micheal Crichton who wrote Jurassic Park as well as being the major screenwriter for ER as well as many others. 

Definitely worth checking out. There's been three episodes so far and its airing in the US on Sunday evenings so will be available in the UK and Europe some time on Mondays

Edited by Squirrel

3 hours ago, Beez said:

I watching and love it. I get the RDR hype from it too. Also I find it interesting that this is another theme park story from Crichton.

It's not as much the theme park idea but more of a case of the morals messing with peoples reality very much a feature of all Crichtons work.

If there's going to be a few of us watching I'll a spoiler tag to the title and we can discuss what's going on but for now will be good to get some crew interest in this.

• Like 1

Looks really good!  I intend to watch this as well.  I like to wait a bit so I can binge watch a few episodes in a row.  I'll be caught up soon. 

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed the gta gem in episode 3? There is a certain host that's in it that's verrrrrrry familiar. Hint: watch where Deloris is taken into the barn, close your eyes and listen to the voice....

He was in the first episode as well, got killed in the opening scene and I thought, "Bummer, was hoping he'd be in the whole series." Then learned they are robots and come back to life. So I think he might be a regular character. 

I dozed off a lot during last night's episode so I need to re-watch it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2016 at 7:20 AM, Squirrel said:

Well erm last nights episode was interesting. I think Game of Thrones has lost it's title of raunchiest program on TV.

DUH!

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone keeping up? Caught the latest last night and it confirmed a few theories I had since episode 1. Seems to be a bit predictable, I think next weeks is the season finale. Will be interesting to see what they wrap up but I think it's definitely going to have more seasons.