iFruit Manual (Contacts and Phone Guide)

Matusware

iFruit Manual

(Updated 15.4.2014)

By Matusware

Read Me First

welcome, this is iFruit Manual and in this guide i will be telling you inner workings of your phone and giving you some info about Contacts and what they do so you can use em on your missions and on the freeroam and so on, your phone can be powerfull tool when playing the game when unlocked to its full potential, it is sad to say that i dont remember when things do unlock so this guide is missing that information, but i have included costs and few tips to get you started as usually, i will not add any numbers like easter eggs, i will not include every corner of internet section just the things you need to know, also i will not add vehicles on this guide just cause future may bring new DLC`s and vehicles and prices may change, but i hope this guide helps you out

Lets Start

Good To Know...

important thing you must know is that try to avoid not answering NPC calls, if you dont answer on your phone in early ranks you may not be able to unlock some of the features, for example if you dont answer simeon after the tutorial you cannot unlock garage feature and it will take some time to simeon to call back, in bad case scenario game will bug out and you will not receive the call at all cause in some point you gain too much rank and game just dont trigger the call, also some features like example lesters and merryweather services are unlocked by rank

Basics, odds and ends

EMAILS

here comes the messages like when you buy a vehicle the confirmation will be coming via mail and some messages comes here too

TEXT

basic message system, you can send a txt to your friends (if they are same server than you), you can also call you friends from here but it costs 10$ and you can also view your friends profile from here, also messages you receive like simeons cars and your friends messages will be coming in here, note that PSN messages will not appear anywhere in your phone

CONTACTS

here is all your friends and you can do the same thing here than you can do from the TEXT option but in here is also your NPC contacts and if you press square and you can use the number pad to call lets say 911 for example

QUICK JOB TAB

here you can quick join in random missions, races, DM, TDM and so on

JOB LIST

here will appear all the jobs your friends will invite you to, also NPC jobs will appear in here (3 at the time)

SETTINGS

well this is a something considered self-evident but ill explain anyway, here you can choose rintones, disable or enable vibration from your phone

SNAPMATIC

its your camera, for example press SNAPMATIC look somewhere press x, it takes picture, now you can press x again to send picture to your Social Club account or by pressing triangle you can delete the picture, SNAPMATIC will not store pictures it will only send one picture at the time to the social club also you can zoom and take selfie and so on

INTERNET

here you can find your bank account, vehicle dealers, stock market, real estate market and bunch of other websites..

________________________________________________________________________________________________

INTERNET

"Rule 42"

here ill be focusing on few sections on internet sections are marked as Orange and sub sections are marked as Yellow

Matusware`s Note: remember to have free slot on your garage before you buy cars or motorcycles, there is also an option to replace a vehicle so keep in mind what you want to lose, also if you buy a bicycle it will just replace the last one without warning and you can hold 3 bicycles max

Travel and Transportation

here you will find all the vehicle dealers you ever need

-Elitas Travel

here you can find planes that you can buy

-Legendary Motors

here you can find some high end cars includes free cars (depending do you have collectors edition and so on)

-Southern San Andreas Super Autos

here you can find all sorts of cars and motorcycles theres also free cars here

-Warstock Cache and Carry

well, here you find a tank, buzzard and few other army things you can buy

-Dock Tease

if you are a boat person this is where you want to be, here you can buy all sorts of things that float

-Pedal And Metal

if you are one that wants his stamina go up you might wanna visit here, here you will find bicycles that are great for building your stamina

Money And Services

-BAWSAQ

this is a stock market and while im writing this it is closed, but basic idea is same as real life stock market

here you can (when they open it) become rich or lose everything

-Dynasty 8

in this section you can buy houses and garages if you have the $ to spend

Matusware`s Note: you cannot buy house and garage, you can only own one property at the time, so if you want a house be sure it has garage in it, also if you (for some reason) sell your (for example) 10 car Garage and buy 6 car garage you will lose those 4 cars, so when you are buying propertys aim higher than you are

-Maze Bank

here you can deposite and withdraw money from your account and you can also see the transactions on your bank account, it is vital that you use this than ATM, cause this way it is faster and safer than searching an ATM

________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONTACTS

"Hello, Yes This Is Dawg"

this is the important part of your phone, here you can find all kinds of usefull NPC`s plus your friends and crew mates (that are online ofc) some of NPC`s and / or their abilitys will be unlocked after missions, after calling or when reached on right ranks

-Dom

not very usefull contact on your phone, he will time to time call you and invite you to some parachuting

-Brucie

from brucie you can buy a bull shark testerone for 500$

it will make you do 2X Damage and reduce -50% Damage Taken for a short period of time

-Chastity

Matusware`s Note: this name may be differend depending on your actions

if you call "Chasity" she will come to your house and give you free lap dances, and to obtain this contact you will need to go to strip club and take a lap dance, then fill the pleasure meter and you will receive that girls contact on your phone

-Downtown Cab Co

by calling in cab co you can call yourself ..well..cab...taxi, great way to trave if you are lazy but in public servers its an death trap cost from north to south will cost under about 300$-400$ so it isnt that bad choice

-Emercency Services 911

buy calling here you can get a police, ambulance or fire department, if you dont have this on your phone just simply call on 911 on your phone and this contact will be unlocked

-Gerald

Gerald gives you an jobs (1 to 45 Rank Missions)

-Lamar

Lamar gives you an jobs (1 to 30 Rank Missions)

-Lester

by calling lester you can get a job (19 to 75 Rank Missions)

he has also these services

*Set Bounty - sets bounty on players head (9000$ max)

*Remove Wanted Level - removes wanted level costs 200$ a Star

*Off The Radar - hides your blip from radar for 1min costs 500$

*Reveal Player - reveals hidden players on map for 1min costs 500$

*Locate a boat - locates random boat that you can use costs 460$

*Locate a helicopter - locates random helicopter that you can use costs 700$

*Locate a car - locates random car that you can use costs 100$

*Locate a plane - locates random plane you can use costs 1000$

*Cops Turn Blind Eye - in 3min you cant get wanted level costs 5000$

Matusware Note: by using Locate a [Vehicle] the vehicle you receive will not set any stars, with "Cops Turn Blind Eye" you can still obtain a wanted level if you enter a vehicle with player that has wanted level and other way around

-Martin

Martin can give you jobs (~23 to 81 Rank Missions)

-Mechanic

you can call a mechanic to bring your vehicle to you from garage or everywhere else in the map, he will not bring your vehicle if it is too close to you (you need to own a garage to have Mechanic)

Matusware`s Note: when you call to Mors Mutual Insurance to get your car back after the call, call on your mechanic to bring that vehicle to you this is usefull so you dont need to run around the city

-Merryweather

merryweather can provide you a extra muscle and extra firepower when needed heres list of features

*Ammo Drop - Brings ammo drop to you costs 1000$

*Backup Helicopter - calls helicopter with sniper and gunner costs 5000$

*Boat Pickup - merryweather comes to pick you up with an boat and goes to your checkpoint costs 250$

*Helicopter Pickup - same as above costs 1000$

*Call Mercenaries - you can call a bunch of army guys to attack a player costs 7500$

*Airstrike - brings an plane to bomb the spot 8000$

-Mors Mutual Insurance

when your car is destroyed you can call Mors to get it back (if you have insurance that is...) also a small tip

if you missed it, after you have called on mors to get your vehicle back call you mechanic to get that vehicle to you

so you dont need to run around the city

-Pegasus

You need to own a plane, helicopter, boat or tank to this to work, if you call pegasus they can bring your plane (for example) to nearest airport and so on

Matusware`s Note: cause apparently players with *hangars* is too extreme idea for rockstar..

-Ron

ron will give you jobs (13 to 55 Rank Missions)

-Simeon

simeon will give you jobs (5 to 31 Rank Missions)

"I have a friend. He knows all the numbers." -Artemis Fowl

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

Even if they have no intention of joining the crew peeps will be coming here just to read Matusguides

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Another excellent guide!

Thank You Pb76 ^^, next time ill do tricks! *pulls pi$$washer bottle out of his hat that has fake rabbit ears taped on its top* Tadaa.. *confused silence* ..yeah this is a work in progess, atleast it has rabbit ears *seems to be thinking* hmm maybe i need a top hat for this..

Even if they have no intention of joining the crew peeps will be coming here just to read Matusguides

i thank you for your words boss, *hides that rabbit-ear-Pi$$washer*  sir if i may be so bold to say, what we need is an welcome-topic to invite those who may have no intentions to join or who have doubts of joining, so when they see that we are one outstanding good sports they will be joining us in a hurry.. sir *small bow*

That's great. I'm just going to add something you overlooked, and that I personally love: Lamar's thief!

You'll be hard pressed to find a situation where he can be used as a way of making money. The way the thief works, is that he will steal any amount the victim has in their wallet up to a maximum of $2000, and then whoever kills the thief can get that money back. Often people don't have 2000 with them and even when they do they will usually be closer to the thief than you and hence will shoot him themselves and get their money back.

The real use for the thief is when you're pinned down by a patient opponent in those free-roam fights where your pride is worth more than the $1000 he costs. The thing with the thief is that he's a sneaky bastard and 95% of the times they won't see him coming. And when he's robbing your opponent, he'll be pushed to the ground and lose control of his character by 2 or 3 seconds. This can be vital. I've used it many times with success. Even if your opponent is behind cover, if he's in a corner the movement will push him out of it.

As an example, yesterday I was in a drawn-out battle against some random guy in the desert, in which each kill counted. At some point I was pinned down behind a small rock, whilst my opponent was obviously scoping me from a big distance. I can push my Sniper Rifle quickly, and he doesn't know which side of the rock I'm coming, which would give me a chance under normal circumstances, but he was behind some bushes and I couldn't see him at all. In goes the thief, confusing and leaving my opponent frustrated, and he rushed to shoot him to recover his money. At that point, it was pretty clear to me where the guy was and I shot him down easily, moving away to a better position that gave me a tactical advantage over him again.

And having been in the receiving side of the thief, I can guarantee you that the cunningness and unexpectancy of it makes this a kind of kill much harder to swallow than the usual. There's a feeling of frustration when you're unable to control your character and know your opponent will use that time to blast a shotgun shot in your face.

I've heard he can also take people out of tanks and run away with them, but so far have been unsuccessful in the few times I've attempted it, as tanks are usually in the move with lots of chaos around, which kills the thief. If you ever catch one of them stopped in the radar, looking at the pause menu for example, it might be a good time to test this out. 

Edited by Arruda
  • Like 1

That's great. I'm just going to add something you overlooked, and that I personally love: Lamar's thief!

You'll be hard pressed to find a situation where he can be used as a way of making money. The way the thief works, is that he will steal any amount the victim has in their wallet up to a maximum of $2000, and then whoever kills the thief can get that money back. Often people don't have 2000 with them and even when they do they will usually be closer to the thief than you and hence will shoot him themselves and get their money back.

The real use for the thief is when you're pinned down by a patient opponent in those free-roam fights where your pride is worth more than the $1000 he costs. The thing with the thief is that he's a sneaky bastard and 95% of the times they won't see him coming. And when he's robbing your opponent, he'll be pushed to the ground and lose control of his character by 2 or 3 seconds. This can be vital. I've used it many times with success. Even if your opponent is behind cover, if he's in a corner the movement will push him out of it.

As an example, yesterday I was in a drawn-out battle against some random guy in the desert, in which each kill counted. At some point I was pinned down behind a small rock, whilst my opponent was obviously scoping me from a big distance. I can push my Sniper Rifle quickly, and he doesn't know which side of the rock I'm coming, which would give me a chance under normal circumstances, but he was behind some bushes and I couldn't see him at all. In goes the thief, confusing and leaving my opponent frustrated, and he rushed to shoot him to recover his money. At that point, it was pretty clear to me where the guy was and I shot him down easily, moving away to a better position that gave me a tactical advantage over him again.

And having been in the receiving side of the thief, I can guarantee you that the cunningness and unexpectancy of it makes this a kind of kill much harder to swallow than the usual. There's a feeling of frustration when you're unable to control your character and know your opponent will use that time to blast a shotgun shot in your face.

I've heard he can also take people out of tanks and run away with them, but so far have been unsuccessful in the few times I've attempted it, as tanks are usually in the move with lots of chaos around, which kills the thief. If you ever catch one of them stopped in the radar, looking at the pause menu for example, it might be a good time to test this out. 

Oh Yes The Mugger, i didnt see this cause i dont have that option no matter what i do, to me Lamar has "get a job" option

Oh Yes The Mugger, i didnt see this cause i dont have that option no matter what i do, to me Lamar has "get a job" option

And have you done the job? Perhaps that's what unlocks it, not sure.

And have you done the job? Perhaps that's what unlocks it, not sure.

Done em all, but to be honest im not suprised, yesterday while playing with ThePeto and doing Gang Attacks, one of the Gang Attacks bugs for me so badly that after i kill em all the gang attack just dont end..theres no enemies no map markings everything on the map is gone, i dont get confirm that gang attack ends it just skips that part my friend had all the RP and ending window and so on.. so i cannot do them all cause ONE bugs out..

so no suprised that Lamar dosent work for me xD

You're a too kind soul, criminals want nothing to do with you.

no Arruda, they have just realised the ultimated truth that im not here with them...they are here with me, also i think lamars thug touched my car..

*with cold voice* No one touches my Emma (yes. sabre turbo has a name) and lives to regret it

*normal everyday voice* but me and that mugger had little talk and he was very sorry and he will never do that again..

*continues very casually* did you know that mugger cant swim by the way....

;D

• Like 1