Alpha trading

Sk8erFish

I've taken this from different sites and made it one. some sites didn't have all the info, others were just plain lame to read. 
  I've done story mode more times then I care to. got old after a few months. 

ALWAYS MAKE SURE ITS MONDAY BEFORE DOING MISSIONS !

Can make around $3 billion per character if done correctly. 

CAUTION:  This guide may contain spoilers

Your total payout may vary depending on if you chose Option A, B or C (if after main missions) or if you made numerous purchases before taking on the missions, or do this before the end of the main story line.

Tips

When you save your game at a safe house using Micheal and Franklin time progresses 6 hours, when you save your game with Trevor time progresses 12 hours.  Don't forget the quick save option on your in-game phone, this won't progress time but can 'bookmark' your save slot until you get back to a safe house.
Markets don't really move during the weekend, so keep an eye on your in game phone to check out the day of the week, but during this guide I will mention this before undertaking missions
Any mention of time throughout this guide will be in-game not real time, so when I say 48 hours I don't mean you've got to spend a couple of days taking the dog for a walk, working, sleeping, spending time with the other half or updating your stamp collection.  However doing this guide may take you a couple of real time hours.
Optional: You can keep two save games going at the same time, one as a good copy so once each mission has passed and you've completed the pay-out cycle, the other as a work in progress save for when you're speeding up time, keep a mental note which one is the good one and which is your WIP one.
In this guide I won't be detailing how to do each mission, as there are numerous guides around for that and besides they are fairly self explanatory and easy missions anyway (barring the lack of a first aid kit during the 5th mission)
When switching to the other protagonists don't forget Trevor gets himself in some real pickles including being chased by the cops which is awkward on some of the missions where you need to sell quick and buy the next lot of stock.  When switching I would recommend switching to Trevor first, Micheal second then Franklin last as you'll be doing the missions with him.
I'll mention the marketplace each stock is on however I'm fairly sure some swap their markets (may have been done during updates, to be confirmed), so if it's not on the LCN check out the Bawsaq and vice-versa
During my run through I had left the missions till last, however I had fully modded weapons and did very little modding of vehicles, depending on when you choose to do these missions keep an eye on your current account just in case you start running a little low.

Before you start

Do not do the Hitch Lift 1 Mission, this is the Random Event which is where the guy whose car has broken down just off the highway on the west side of the map who wants a lift to the airport.  This guy will give you a Stock Market tip which you can make a good return.
Some of the stock tips require access to the Bawsaq, this is an online only stock market, so you'll need to be connected to the internet and to the Rockstar servers (Social Club account etc) for this to work, the LCN is offline so can be done at all times.
Read each mission carefully first before committing as some require the stock to be bought before the mission and some after.
Basics
To purchase each stock, open your phones browser go to the Money section and select the relevant stock market (Bawsaq or LCN), find the company and click on it, select Buy, then click and hold on the + until you've bought all of the stock you can, then click Buy and Confirm.  Note: when you get to the high values quickly check that the stock you are buying doesn't put you into a minus figure (buying more than you can afford) as the game won't purchase the stock, you may need to click the - a few times until you still have a positive balance.
To check the payout of each stock purchase, open your phones browser go to the Money section and select the relevant stock market (Bawsaq or LCN) select the My Portfolio tab and there will be a column for what the return percentage is.  There will be a +/- 1-2% variance with the payout this is due the fact the regular stock movement is included in the percentage.
To sell your stock, open your phones browser go to the Money section and select the relevant stock market (Bawsaq or LCN) select the My Portfolio tab then select Sell All, then confirm.
Let's begin...

Mission 1
(The Hotel Assassination)
Note: This mission is mandatory and cannot be left to the end as you have to do it in order to progress in the game.

Pre-Mission Preparation
- Make sure it is Monday, if not switch to Trevor (12 hour save) and save your game numerous times to advance the time to Monday
- Switch between all characters and invest all in Betta Pharmaceuticals (BET) on the Bawsaq

DO MISSION 1

Post-Mission
- Wait about 18 hours, save if needed (using your WIP save slot) with either Micheal or Franklin, after each save quickly check your on your phone what the return percentage is, the stock moves regularly, for fine tuning it's worth checking it every hour to see what return percentage is sitting at.  When checking if you want to squeeze every last penny out of the deal then you can check every 30 minutes until you see the percentage dropping, if this happens, SELL, SELL, SELL.
- Target Return Percentage: 80%
- Switch to all characters and sell all
- (save game in your good slot if successful)
- Buy up Blinkton (BIL) LCN.  *NOT SURE OF TIME TO SELL YET***

THIS WILL ALLOW YOU TO CONTINUE THE GAME..  ^^^^

Legal Trouble and Meltdown

After you have completed the mission Legal Trouble for Michael the stocks of FlyUS are going to be in as much of a mess as Molly. The stocks will stay the same until you complete the mission Meltdown where they will return to their normal state, so it's best to simply do those missions right after each other to minimize the turnaround time. FlyUS's rival in this case is AirEmu and although I've seen some oddities the formula remains the same.

Invest in AirEmu before the start of the mission Legal Trouble
Wait till changes have taken full effect and sell all AirEmu stock to purchase FlyUS stock.
Complete the mission Meltdown
Wait till maximum profit has been achieved and sell all FlyUS stock.

After the Game Ends: Merryweather Investment

Immediately after the end of the game you will find the stock of Merryweather to be deflated after all the damage you've been doing to their reputation. This is especially true if you have chosen ‘The Third Way’ as the company CEO will contact you about the fact that he’s been able to purchase back stocks at a cheaper price. Well, he’s not the only one that can do that. Invest your hard earned cash into Merryweather and look for a gain of somewhere in the 5-7 million range depending on how much cash you had to invest in the first place.
??? on sell times ***^^^

LESTER Mission 2
(The Multi-Target Assassination)
Note: From now on these can be left to the end or indeed at any time during the game, depending on how much of a Wall Street Shark you are.

Pre-Mission Preparation
- Make sure it is Monday (vital in this mission), if not switch to Trevor (12 hour save) and save your game numerous times to advance the time to Monday (any time as long as it's Monday)
- Switch between all characters and invest all in Debonaire (DEB) on the LCN

DO MISSION 2

Post-Mission

- Wait about 8 hours, save if needed (using your WIP save slot) with either Micheal or Franklin, however due to the short time maybe best just sit in your car and listen to some tunes and watch the sunset or go for a drive etc.  After each save quickly check your on your phone what the return percentage is, the stock moves regularly, but it's worth checking it every hour to see what return percentage it's sitting at.  When checking if you want to squeeze every last penny out of the deal then you can check every 30 minutes until you see the percentage dropping, if this happens, SELL, SELL, SELL.
- Switch to all characters and sell all.
- Switch to all characters and Invest everything into Redwood (RWC) on the LCN
- Wait 48-96 Hours, this may take you up to Saturday, the reason is unclear why it such a huge window of opportunity however when this reaches its target percentage it doesn't really move, so for this reason switch to Trevor due to the 12 hour save and each time you wake up check your return in your Portfolio.
- Target Return Percentage: 300%

Mission 3
(The Vice Assassination)

Pre-Mission Preparation
- Make sure it is Monday, if not switch to Trevor (12 hour save) and save your game numerous times to advance the time to Monday
- Switch between all characters and invest all in Fruit (FRT) on the Bawsaq

DO MISSION 3

Post-Mission
- The return on this one is fairly quick about 6-8 hours, so you probably won't have time to save anywhere to advance time.
- Target Return Percentage: 50%
- Switch to all characters and Invest everything into Facade (FAC) on the Bawsaq
- Wait 48 Hours, in this case it's pretty much bang on 48 hours from when you buy
- Target Return Percentage: 33%

Mission 4
(The Bus Assassination)

Pre-Mission Preparation
- Do not purchase anything yet, although it may be worth switching to Trevor to make sure he's being a good boy (toilet incidences aside), for when you need to switch.

DO MISSION 4

Post-Mission
- Switch to all characters (Trevor first just in case he's decided to start a fight with the police in the meantime), then invest everything into Vapid (VAP) on the Bawsaq
- Wait 48 Hours, again in this case it's pretty much bang on 48 hours from when you buy
- Target Return Percentage: 100%

Mission 5
(The Construction Assassination)

Pre-Mission Preparation
- Switch between all characters and invest all in Gold Coast (GCD) on the LCN

DO MISSION 5

Post-Mission
- Wait about 24 hours before selling, this is quite a quick turn around, save if needed (using your WIP save slot)

You should now have more money than you know what to do with, and the big question who to give the Golf Club to.

Bonus Stock Tip - Hitch Lift 1

Pre-Mission Preparation
- Start as Franklin and park up by the Gas station at the start of the Freeway heading north up the Western Freeway, do a quick save (using your WIP save slot)
- Switch to all characters and invest all in Tinkle (TNK) on the Bawsaq
- Switch back to Franklin then head up the coast until you get the blip on the radar to give the poor guy a lift, if you don't get the blip drive up and down the road a few times (Fort Zancudo to the North the Gas Station to the South to allow spawning) until he shows, if not reload your saved game and try again.

DO MISSION - HITCH LIFT 1

Post-Mission
- Wait about 18-24 Hours
- Target Return Percentage: 33%

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by Sk8erFish

I've seen parts of this here and there, good to get all in one place.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

nice man, ive only ever done this when i was offline so never got to invest in bawsaq! im restarting my game atm so ill give these a go again

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd add a few other stock market tips here. I found these on a fansite and they did come with the disclaimer that they do not always work. I can definitely confirm that as some of them had a far lower return % than the guide says. If you save the game just before you start buying the stocks you can always re-load if the stocks go down instead of up.

The list is; mission, company to invest in, potential change (according to the fansite).

If the change is positive buy before you start for maximum returns. If it's negative then wait for it to drop to a minimum before buying it and it should return back to it's original eventually.

• Minor Turbulance, Vangelico (LCN) +42%
  • The Paleto Score, Clukin Bell (LCN) -39%
  • Derailed, Bilkington (LCN), +82%
  • Monkey Business, Life Invader (LCN), -50%
  • Fresh Meat, Gruppe Sechs (LCN), +11%

There were I couple of others but I'd already done the missions so did not make a note of them

• 3 weeks later...

I have nearly a billion for each story mode character. Even buying all the properties and fully modded weapons didn't make a dent.

Will never, ever have a need for the money but, oh well, lol.

Wish I could transfer just 10% to my online character :)

I just finished the last Assassination mission last weekend. The guide I was using said the stock (Gold Coast) would top out at 80%, same as this guide. It only got to around 40% and started falling. I panicked and sold it all so I only have 600-700 million per character. I'm pretty sure I can buy every property and Pegasus vehicle for each character, all clothes, all weapons and still have enough left over to buy and mod every car in the game several times over. That's really the only point in having that money is to buy, mod and test vehicles with the single player's pool of money before I commit my online characters money to it.

• Like 1

I believe R* tweaked some things with the PS4 version. I did not get anywhere near the amount of cash on PS4 as I did PS3. I had well over 1 billion on each character on PS3.

I believe R* tweaked some things with the PS4 version. I did not get anywhere near the amount of cash on PS4 as I did PS3. I had well over 1 billion on each character on PS3.

Yes, the guide I was following had different % gains for PS3 and PS4, with the latter giving less profit.