Editor / Creator. Ideas for tracks, missions, ect...

Sk8erFish

I'm not good at the creator, but some ppl here are. ideas to perk their interest........

I was thinking a rock crawler, hill climb track would be fun.  maybe up mt Chiliad.

Wreck racing. no weapons, no modded cars, just running into each other till one car stands alone (one life of course). Could be done on a beach or the desert. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• handcuff_charlie

• Lann

• Dodge

• DavidCore89

I moved this to the created content forum, the suggestion box is for website suggestions and feedback

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

A melee fight without weapons at all. Not even melee weapons. Come and get some instead of sticking a knife in my back, you backstabbers, excuse the redundancy.

• Like 2

A melee fight without weapons at all. Not even melee weapons. Come and get some instead of sticking a knife in my back, you backstabbers, excuse the redundancy.

I have Grove Street Fight, can't quite remember the name. But that is 100% fists with the exception of some people on a BMX and the odd one who managed to get a car

• 2 weeks later...

What about a cannonball type of race across the map, either north/south or east/west? This race would have a start point and an end point with no checkpoints between them. There is no set route so get to the finish any ay possible. This would be similar to OG's Mt. Chilliads race, only longer.

• Like 4

kQ4fIRp.png

What about a cannonball type of race across the map, either north/south or east/west? This race would have a start point and an end point with no checkpoints between them. There is no set route so get to the finish any ay possible. This would be similar to OG's Mt. Chilliads race, only longer.

I like the idea.

Furdog has a great idea. Dodge keep your mouth shut about a

rally race or I will be your navigator. LOL.

Im certainly not letting you drive, thats ridiculous on the face of it. LOL

Furdog, this is your idea, so you need to create it. I can help if you like. We can meet in a closed room and talk about it, if you need to. The creator is fairly simple to operate. I'm sure any one us would be happy to make it, but I would like to have you make it and put your touch on it, since it was your idea.

Edited by dodgeservice
  • Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ask, and ye shall receive!

LINK

I generally do not like melee DM's because the melee lag ruins them IMO.

But if you like them, this one leaves your opponents no where to run without giving up a kill (suicides subtract from score).

Plus it is a fun challenge to try to knock someone off the monument.

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Im certainly not letting you drive, thats ridiculous on the face of it. LOL

Furdog, this is your idea, so you need to create it. I can help if you like. We can meet in a closed room and talk about it, if you need to. The creator is fairly simple to operate. I'm sure any one us would be happy to make it, but I would like to have you make it and put your touch on it, since it was your idea.

Should be a cinch really.

Think of it like an impromptu race that is outside of freemode

I hope you guys put one of these out soon.

This is a really good idea furdog.

• Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try and get one of these finished. Tried making a point to point race last night but it was terrible. Will try again tonight.

kQ4fIRp.png

I'd like to see a capture where the objective is to steal bags of money from the train while it's moving if possible.

Maybe it wouldn't be an easy job to create or even to play, not sure it would even be much fun but the teamwork required could make it interesting.

I like the capture jobs which require teamwork, much like the Maze Tower - impossible without teamwork

• Like 1

I don't think you can do anything with the train, it doesn't spawn on the creator map.

However I had an idea that involved a lot of team work, but didn't want to put the effort into making it if it was going to be too hard to compete in.

By the weekend I should have something finished.  I'll write up a how-to guide explaining what to do as well.

Is it possible to create a sprint or a swimming race?

I don't think you can do anything with the train, it doesn't spawn on the creator map.

However I had an idea that involved a lot of team work, but didn't want to put the effort into making it if it was going to be too hard to compete in.

By the weekend I should have something finished.  I'll write up a how-to guide explaining what to do as well.

Sounds good

• 1 month later...

I like the ability to combine the racing aspect with the capture, as you can use actors in capture. 

The GTA version of capture involves deliver one or more specific vehicle to a certain point "B". (1 or more vehicle per team, max teams is 4.)

This way the basic setup could be max 16 players in 4 teams, with 4 cars available per team.

The point to deliver to "B" will be the same for all teams, as well as the location of the cars "A".

First team to deliver one car is the winner. This way the game can be played with as little as 2 players, but also works great with 16 players.

The distance between point "A" and "B" needs to be a good race, and the actors can be user to set up roadblocks along the way.

The cops should probably be turned on, along with traffic and emergency vehicles.

Maybe the westcoast is suitable for such a setup. The placement of the start and finish, along with roadblocks, would be the key to creating a fun race.

Any reflections on this thought?  :)

EDIT: 

Well went ahead and created one: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/396yeIcJtESgyo6dBUvv7g?platformId=2

Edited by lann3fors
  • Like 2

I like the ability to combine the racing aspect with the capture, as you can use actors in capture. 

The GTA version of capture involves deliver one or more specific vehicle to a certain point "B". (1 or more vehicle per team, max teams is 4.)

This way the basic setup could be max 16 players in 4 teams, with 4 cars available per team.

The point to deliver to "B" will be the same for all teams, as well as the location of the cars "A".

First team to deliver one car is the winner. This way the game can be played with as little as 2 players, but also works great with 16 players.

The distance between point "A" and "B" needs to be a good race, and the actors can be user to set up roadblocks along the way.

The cops should probably be turned on, along with traffic and emergency vehicles.

Maybe the westcoast is suitable for such a setup. The placement of the start and finish, along with roadblocks, would be the key to creating a fun race.

EDIT: 

Well went ahead and created one: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/396yeIcJtESgyo6dBUvv7g?platformId=2

I might try to make one of these.

Dodgeservice.png

EDIT: 

I will wait at point B for the fighting to sort itself out and then jack the car from you as you unwittingly deliver it to me, and while you are waiting to respawn, I'll deliver the car and game over. Will be quite easy since captures with lots of players and all the required rendering of fast moving cars means you wont see my red blip until it is too late.

It is important to think how your idea can be thwarted. It is cool to think "outside the box" and everyone embraces that, but you also have to understand that trying to create game dynamics which do not exist in game but rather have to be put in place based on a sort of honor system tend to flop

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I will wait at point B for the fighting to sort itself out and then jack the car from you as you unwittingly deliver it to me, and while you are waiting to respawn, I'll deliver the car and game over. Will be quite easy since captures with lots of players and all the required rendering of fast moving cars means you wont see my red blip until it is too late.

It is important to think how your idea can be thwarted. It is cool to think "outside the box" and everyone embraces that, but you also have to understand that trying to create game dynamics which do not exist in game but rather have to be put in place based on a sort of honor system tend to flop

Thanks for the feedback!

Since all point B is located at the same spot, and everyone start at the same point A, as soon as you reach point B you will win, no need to wait around for me and my mediocre driving to reach the goal. Unless you find another faster way or jack a much faster vehicle of the street to get there, but i think that might be more timeconsuming. But i would love to give it a try. Like you say its sometimes hard to know how a creation will work until tried in a real game.

I guess if you just jump down the building and die the first thing you do, you will respawn in a Annihilator, and you might be able to outrun the cars to point B. Maybe this should be removed.

Edited by lann3fors

Thanks for the feedback!

Since all point B is located at the same spot, and everyone start at the same point A, as soon as you reach point B you will win, no need to wait around for me and my mediocre driving to reach the goal. Unless you find another faster way or jack a much faster vehicle of the street to get there, but i think that might be more timeconsuming. But i would love to give it a try. Like you say its sometimes hard to know how a creation will work until tried in a real game.

I see, I was under the wrong presumption that the capture vehicles had to be captured, but it sounds like you plan to have them spawn co-located with each team, and perhaps locked to each specific team.

I have played captures like, they can work, but as with everything, the devil is in the details. Give it a shot and see how it pans out.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I see, I was under the wrong presumption that the capture vehicles had to be captured, but it sounds like you plan to have them spawn co-located with each team, and perhaps locked to each specific team.

I have played captures like, they can work, but as with everything, the devil is in the details. Give it a shot and see how it pans out.

After more thoughts, maybe the cars (that are all in the same spot, right next to all teams startingpoint) should be teamspecific, like two cars per team. As of now you can pick any car you like out of the 8. Teamspecific cars would make it impossible to jack another players car in case you loose yours along the way but still survives, and who would not want to jack another players car at one of the roadblock, or at least try.

One thing that does matter is the speed of different vehicles, in this case i used IGN's list of vehicles and picked a few cars with "8" as indication of speed. Not very reliable, but the best i could find. Also it would be great to know if the Annihilator could outrun the cars, that would make for a possible shortcut to point B, but only if you die instantly. Maybe a respawn vehicle with i slightly advantage in speed combined with the ability to travel a straight line between A and B would actually give a second option to catch up in you die along the way. But I still have not found a good source to estimate speed of different vehicles.

EDIT:

If anyone want to give it a try the link is in post above (Westcoast race).

Maybe any specific discussions about this creation should be held here (link below) to not fill this thread up with non-related discussions.

http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/1756-westcoast-race/

Edited by lann3fors

I think you are beginning to learn a truth that most creators come to learn, or at least should, concerning the capture creator.....people greatly underestimate the complexity of the capture creator, while it provides so many possibilities for gameplay it also provides an equal amount of possibilities for a train wreck mess, lol.

This is made so much worse by the fact that the test function is absolutely useless for anything other than timing capture delivery for each team to ensure neither has an advantage in proximity. We end up being forced to live test unfinished captures with players  and more often than not the capture needs significant fixing, this turns so many players off from playing captures and that is why I can fill a race or a TDM within a minute or two with a little luck but I can sit in a capture lobby for 20 minutes and not get more than 6 to join

handcuff_charlie.jpg