Place to race cars in Europe?

Lann

A few of my friends are thinking of doing something fun together,  we all like cars and might try and find somewhere to race or test cars.  Any ideas of similar things to do in Europe? 

Actually racing or track days?

Nordschleife is the obvious choice for track days, but the casual driver with no knowledge of Nordschleife will struggle to get the quickest of road cars around there in less than 10 minutes, so there might be a long wait for your turn to run a lap or two if you're in a group :)

A single lap is 29 Euro, but the more laps/time you buy is the better value you'll get in return http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/prices.php

Prices for other stuff at race tracks are worth double-checking before committing, there are costs for almost everything, recovery truck, damaging the barriers, etc.

Zandvoort (Netherlands) and Zolder (Belgium) are also good alternatives. Much smaller track layout = more laps on track.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Every year at Le Mans there's an event where you can try out some nice toys around the Bugatti Circuit. Things like Mercedes AMG GT, Porsche 911, Audi R8... 

It's called Exclusive Drive. It's in march but it's expensive... Almost 300€ a day for about 40 minutes of racing.. 

Or cheaper alternative, there are gifts box you can buy where you can try some cars but it's usually 3 laps max. Costs between 70 and 150€ and it's usually at small racetracks.

• Like 1

I did one a few years ago with http://www.everymanracing.co.uk/ who run days throughout the UK

Drove a Nissan GTR and a slow (by comparison) Aston Martin. Reasonably priced and fun!

EDIT: Also went to Mercedes test drive day where they had their crazy AMGs available. That was fun too and they didn't try too hard to sell them. Maybe it helps to look poor :lol: Definitely worth inquiring about.

Edited by silenttigercd
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beez said:

@Fido_le_muet did you ever do the car thing where you were debating a super car thing or a rally car thing as well as a few others?

Not yet, I still have the gift box though and I need to book something before march 2017.

I have made my choice though and I will go drive a couple laps at Le Mans Maison Blanche Circuit in an Audi R8, Gallardo or something like that.

• Like 1

@Beez : Here's the website :

http://www.motorsport-academy.fr/stage-pilotage-circuit/le-mans/

It's actually a lot cheaper than I thought ! And a lot of cars available !

Of course, the coupon I have will be the cheapest option available but it's still pretty cool :D

@Lann : are you looking for something like this ? If you happen to come to Le Mans to have your fun, I'll definitely join you. I live 1 hour from Le Mans :D