Hosting jobs - Open or closed?

DavidCore89

I know a lot of players like to keep it closed so that the joining players can be selected manually for many reasons.

However I have recently discovered that if you win a closed job which contains all crew or friends, your victory will not be recorded on Rockstar Social Club.

This can be frustrating as there are many players who are not comfortable allowing randoms to join or playing with randoms, on the other hand there are players like myself who thrive on the online leaderboards and hosting a closed job is not an option.

Crew playlists are always hosted closed.

When hosting a regualr race, DM or whatever, I start off closed and invite all crew, once the invites are sent to crew I set the lobby as open, invite friends, players from current session, last job and skill matched players.

Extend time and hope for a full session.

Open, to me usually means more players which in turn should mean more $$$.

I just wondered what everyone's thoughts were on this, do you host open or closed?

Do you have a method of hosting like I do?

Are you wary of playing in an open lobby?

Or maybe you're also annoyed that many of your wins have not counted on Rockstar Social Club?

Edited by DavidCore89

I always host open.

I invite crew members and friends only first.

If only a few people join, I also invite players from current session/last job and skill matched players.

I don't mind playing with random players. Just have to be careful after jobs in case some assholes want to steal your money.

I prefer to have my score recorded on the Social Club, in case I ever become the best GTA Online player in the world.

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

Before joining, I was used to being the random in a sea full of someone else's crew, so I usually host open (unless it's a limited job and there are enough crew members online).  However, I am sometimes a little uneasy about playing RR with randoms because it never fails that when I don't enable passive mode, one of the randoms tries to kill me in free roam immediately afterwards.  Although I do prefer full sessions, and agree that more players are better than too few.  Also, it's kind of fun to play with a mix of different people (unless they are dirty racers) or rage quitters.  I can't say that I've ever been too concerned with my stats on Social Club though.

^^^^ That's why I never pick the documents in RR and let the other players go to Martin's House.

That way, I spawn in freemode far from the idiots and can put my money in the bank without fear of being killed.

Yeah missions closed to save to objective being blown up or a truck taken across the map or any other sh*t.

@LN_MLB the full DM are awesome I've played some good matches with you recently.

@Fido I'm sure you're already the best racer, oh and the bravest pilot  :P

^^^^ That's why I never pick the documents in RR and let the other players go to Martin's House.

That way, I spawn in freemode far from the idiots and can put my money in the bank without fear of being killed.

Never thought of this

Fido - Excellent strategy--I'm used to just following the car up to Martin's house, but I think I will try this when in that situation.

David - I agree, those have been a blast.  :)  I'm looking forward to doing more, as I really enjoy DMs (especially with a lot of players).

when i was soloing i used to leave it open. but recently I've left it closed. personally i don't get when stats wont record if you leave it closed. you can still stat pad if its open because you can kick people once they have joined.

when i was soloing i used to leave it open. but recently I've left it closed. personally i don't get when stats wont record if you leave it closed. you can still stat pad if its open because you can kick people once they have joined.

I'm not sure why they do it that way, it took me some time to figure it out, maybe it's to reduce 'match fixing'.

With the session set to open and it containing random players, I guess it's classed as fair.

I'm not sure why they do it that way, it took me some time to figure it out, maybe it's to reduce 'match fixing'.

With the session set to open and it containing random players, I guess it's classed as fair.

hmm sounds like dice with there bf3 &4 logic coming over and influencing R* logic lol

I've read at GTA Forums (haven't confirmed it myself) that after a job, if you quit with circle in the voting screen you'll be put in a different session than the randoms who vote free-mode. Try that out.

I haven't tried because I'm not worried, whenever I finish a job I quickly get away from the area. Either way my Assault Shotgun is always ready to be brought up (I keep L1 pressed) and if someone shows any intention of drawing a weapon they better kill me with the first shot or else they're gone.

As for jobs, always open. I think David's way of hosting is optimal. You get most of the crew in, and get a chance at meeting other players (possible recruits if they are shown to be nice and have a mic) which is always fun in my opinion.

Edited by Arruda

When I crew/friend invite I seem to end up with all kind of randoms coming in. I think it must be something to do with the quickmatch option. Also a lot of the time coming out into freemode I have a tendency to be separated from everyone else.

It depends on what I am up to and my mood, sometimes I will public lobby and invite anybody, other times just crew.

On spawning out after a mission, if you hit circle you will be split from those that hit free roam, but you will end up in the same lobby next to the others that hit circle. If I spawn first my shotty comes out and I will be pointing at a randoms head as they spawn and I let them know that I will not shoot if they do not.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I've noticed that too. I think it has to do with what you select to send invites to. 

check  "my crew members" then  "my crew"

I'm always in closed crew session, so ne1 can join if want, like freeroam only its for crew members only.  I feel safe there and I know ne1 that does join is not a threat to me or ne1 else thats in the session. 

I only hit the circle button if I'm bored of waiting for that 1 person to vote, still very handy in future though.

When I crew/friend invite I seem to end up with all kind of randoms coming in. I think it must be something to do with the quickmatch option. Also a lot of the time coming out into freemode I have a tendency to be separated from everyone else.

Random people will enter if the job is set to 'open'.

After selecting freemode, you will be returned to your original lobby, unless connection issues force you into another lobby.