Maze Bank Marble Run

Squirrel

2_0.jpg

Is this a stunt race or a proper racetrack build? Stunt

RSC Link : https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/kQeUIyiLiE-DmJSxsbwQKw

Crazy Descent, Impossible Ascent

This has been designed for crash night so expect lots of contact. This is also a track which requires a new technique for racing. It's advisable to get some practise in. 

There will be a video soon of the track in action.

Thanks for posting the van video, because of that I knew it was possible and it helped show the technique. I knew I could do it because the Sterling GT is faster than the van. Once I got it going it was fine, the tricky part is starting the spiral. It works as is but if it was a little more "user friendly" in how you start the spiral it would make it more likely to get verified. Remember most won't be able to watch the video. A driver who's never raced it before needs to be able to get it 1st or 2nd try or R* judges will likely dismiss it. It took me many attempts the first time but only a few the 2nd lap. 

I was never able to do the wall ride. Most likely it's just me however I found the one in Dodge's wall easier to do. Maybe steal some ideas from him? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

The wall ride didn't seem to work, it over-rotates the car.

Climbing that tube has gotta be much easier in an empty lobby.

I'm going to look at the wall ride, it's the part of the track I'm least happy with, strange that it doesn't work as it's a complete prop in the creator and not made up of separate parts. 

Climbing the tube is very easy in an empty lobby but I was also climbing it with lobbies with over 25 other drivers too. You do need a little luck if you attempt the climb while others are floundering at the bottom but it's definitely possible in large lobbies too.

It's a good track for laughing at randoms. 

I won't lie to you @Squirrel, I much dislike this track. I don't care for tracks which feature alot of head on crashes cuz I always seem to get fucked in them, I'll out this in the class I have Pro Laps in. Sorry. I don't have any advise how to fix as it would require a major redo. I know it isn't my taste and thats fine, it'll suit others, just putting my 2 cents out there.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

17 minutes ago, Hatch said:

I won't lie to you @Squirrel, I much dislike this track. I don't care for tracks which feature alot of head on crashes cuz I always seem to get fucked in them, I'll out this in the class I have Pro Laps in. Sorry. I don't have any advise how to fix as it would require a major redo. I know it isn't my taste and thats fine, it'll suit others, just putting my 2 cents out there.

This race isn't intended for regular play list  use. Good for when you want a novely crash race but not when you want a competitive race. 

It's designed for crash night and its a fun race for tormenting randoms with. 

If this does get verified I apologise now! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hatch said:

This holds a special place in hell for @Hatch if he is comparing it to ProLaps. Just sayin'.

• Like 3

Dodgeservice.png

40 minutes ago, Dodge said:

This holds a special place in hell for @Hatch if he is comparing it to ProLaps. Just sayin'.

It's only missing the spawn kill rockets 1000 times per lap.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I agree with Hatch, races designed to make you crash just are not my thing. I am quite capable of crashing on my own. If other people like that, fair enough but only in a playlist made for this sort of race.

However I do have a couple of issues with this. I think that climb up the vertical tube near the end is too much. I know how to do those climbs and have done them on this race when there was only a couple of us in it. But I think with the number of people that were there last night that climb ruins the race. I lost count of how many attempts it took me to get up the tube. It was running into other people that caused me to fail and that is surely always going to happen when not everyone knows how to do the climb, or even if they do when someone ahead of you makes a mistake and falls down the tube hitting you. It's one thing to finish last in a race due to your own lack of ability but I don't think it's reasonable to have any sort of race ruined just because other people are struggling with a particular section. To me that sort of vertical climb should only be either quite short, in a non-contact race, or part of an alternative route.

The other issue might just be a one off or it could be something worse. After finally getting up the tube I then proceeded to where the mini-map was showing the next checkpoint and it wasn't there. I was on a smallish TV so it wasn't that clear but the arrow on the mini-map CP seemed to be pointing up, which can't have been right. When I re-spawned I was on the slope leading down to the entrance to the vertical tube climb. The CP I had apparently missed is the one about half way down that slope, a single CP in the middle. I know I did not miss that CP because I started that descent on one side of the slope so I made of point of slowing down, moving to the middle and making sure I hit it, but as sometimes happens it obviously just didn't register. Normally when you miss a CP you eventually get a "wrong way" message. I got no such message last night. Also that has only happened to me in the past when many cars have been going through the CP at the same time. That wasn't the case last night. We know on many stunt races you can apparently pass people or get passed when you clearly haven't so the game does get confused at times on complex tracks. So what I wonder is have you pushed the limits of the game too far with this? It not only did not register me hitting a CP but it also did not know I was going the "wrong way" so never told me I had missed a CP. I guess only time will tell. If it doesn't happen again then it was just a freak accident.

Edited by djw180

The tube works as intended and it's supposed to be evil. This race isn't supposed to appear in regular playlists as it has been designed for crash night.

The strange part is the checkpoint, no idea what has happened there. The game does struggle when there are a lot of people on track but generally it's the 1st CP on a course that doesn't register. Could be a similar case due to the amount of respawns at that point.