Paleto Bay Street Circuit (Master Yoda says?)

Crawford1872

Paleto bay track, just shy of a minute in length in a sports car, tight track but straights for overtaking, slipstream would make corners tricky though so probably best left off as the pack would be (i imagine) quite close together, as ever feedback would be really sound so i can stop throwing shit at walls till something sticks :) 

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/jMa6agZ8ukqijO_T4VAzYQ

Edited by Crawford1872

Looks very tight (haven't ran it yet), I'd probably set such a tight track to non-contact by default for people to have a stress-free experience with it to begin with, especially if it pops up in a playlist :)

If one car hits a barrier, massive pile-up will follow.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Looks very tight (haven't ran it yet), I'd probably set such a tight track to non-contact by default for people to have a stress-free experience with it to begin with, especially if it pops up in a playlist :)

If one car hits a barrier, massive pile-up will follow.

Very true DC.  May be a bit frustrating depending on the amount of drivers.  Non-contact may be the way to go.  When it was just four of us it was great fun.

• Like 1

yeah 100% DC, we spoke about this when i ran it with omar and a few guys, works well with contact with about up to 6 players but anymore than that would be a disaster like you say, i'm making a non contact version and a gta one which has a pit lane also  :gamer:

• Like 1

Just now, Crawford1872 said:

yeah 100% DC, we spoke about this when i ran it with omar and a few guys, works well with contact with about up to 6 players but anymore than that would be a disaster like you say, i'm making a non contact version and a gta one which has a pit lane also  :gamer:

That's three times more work for yourself :D

Shame the stunt races have to be locked to a certain type of race.

yeah there's a lotta sand/construction site mud around that area so i've an idea for a slightly extended course of a rallycross nature for the new rally cars so that makes 4x lol, and yeah it's a shit system but i get why they did it

I ran this today, well made track, but I think there are a few too many CP's.

You have a habit of placing CP's on straights or placing a CP in an area where the next CP would already be visible, that just creates less time to react to CP's in the corners, unless you know the track of course :)

Firstly I'd move the grid back a bit so there's more time to react to turn 1 on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th lap. It's OK on lap 1, but when you approach that corner at speed, you've gotta pass the start/finish before the next CP pops up, by this time you've got a second to react. Moving the start grid back a bit will help that.

I'd also delete these CP's as they're not helping the flow of the track or they're giving people less time to see the corners coming up: CP's 2, 5, 8, 10 (possibly), 16 and 17. Delete and the CP's will join to the next ones.

Try to pull CP 11 back onto the entrance of the corner a bit, it'll be visible as cars come over the bridge.

Like I said, it's very well made, but too many CP's.

Hope to see a non-contact version in a PL one day, it'll be a popular race IMO.

Edited by DavidCore89