Battlefield 1 Beta Sign up

SeymorScagneti

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xyon14 said:

I still haven't had the email with my code yet and this is starting in 2 days. Am I the only one who hasn't had theirs yet?

I got it today at 7am. Take a look at the spam or something... Mine was in a folder called Promotions.

Awww.. it's closed and I missed this topic until today. I've never been into COD or Battlefield FPS too much. Last one I played was World at War on PS3. I'm really looking forward to this though because it's WWI. Looks like I'll have to wait until Oct 21 to join you all.

So who's been playing and what are your initial taughts ?   

I like personally it's a nice change of pace(weaponry-wise). The sounds are great and feels just different enough from bf4 for me to pre-order.  

That been said I see a lot of people drawing comparisons with battlefront, I haven't played bf but I guess the mechanics could be similar. 

Edited by Pen0sIRE
  • Like 1

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

Just so everyone knows, you can all try the beta out so if you're interested in seeing what the game is like, then download it.

I'm loving it so far and it's pretty much exactly as I thought it would be. Very much the same as B4 with new weapons and vehicles so it has a unique feel. 

What were you expecting it t be like @PapOiteE and @Xyon14?

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the map and while it is different and quite open, you need to stick to your roles. If you're a medic or assault, stay in the close quarters area around the buildings and don't go out into the desert or risk being defenseless against snipers. 

The vehicles are quite powerful but again, if you're using the correct weapons against them you can take them out or get away easily enough. 

There are lots of little things they've added which I really like, like the planes wings can be damaged and then it flys accordingly and getting in vehicle animations, sniper lens reflection etc  

It's cool how they have different load outs for vehicles to so once you're out, you are at a slight disadvantage but it will be interesting to see what weapons we can change to with them.

I have come across a few bugs that I hope they find out and fix. I've spawned in with no weapons, had the car I was driving in despawn 2 times while we were fighting someone and other small ones like using my gun as a sword on the horse haha. 

After all the hype, It will be good to swap between B4 and and B1 depending on what kind of weapons and vehicles you want to use.

scottyb1988.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/gamingvid/videos/1079534415428827/

Haha pretty funny reaction. While I haven't noticed this headshot issue, the tank canister shells seem to be very inconsistent. Sometimes I practically miss them and still kill them other times I'm near point blank range and they're fine and run off..

This is with shooting too and It's probably to do with lag. I've noticed it in B4 and lots of videos that I've watched of kill streaks (on all shooter games), I have to hit them 100% in their head or body otherwise it doesn't register but then you see guys going on massive kill steaks who kill people without being any where near them. 

These issues are amplified on gta though which is why some people are virtually invincible and kill you by looking at you yet others can't buy a headshot no matter how accurate they shoot. 

scottyb1988.jpg

@ScottyB - it is too hard to destroy a tank with the anti tank grenades. I remember being killed over and over again by the same guy because no one could stop him. It was a massacre. And o make it even worse, we can auto repair it. Absolutely unbalanced.

Spawning takes forever!! It is so annoying.

The main problem is the map though. If there is no vehicles available and we want to move from A to D, a sniper will kill us, and it's quite easy to use the sniper in this game.

I will wait for its release, then i'll check reviews, opinions, gameplays in different maps, other weapons etc... I'm not impressed atm.

Edited by PapOiteE
  • Like 1

The tanks are quite powerful but I haven't had too much trouble destroying them. 2 anti tank mines will kill them and they're very slow.

I'm not a great player but I haven't noticed much of a difference between B4 and B1 in terms of killing people in vehicles. If someone good is in a tank/jet/chopper, then they're hard to beat no matter what so I guess it depends who you're playing with. That's the same with guns too though.

The snipers can be a pain and the map does favour them. The spawns around D are bad, you spawn in the open to either be sniped or killed by a tank. 

I think the biggest problem with this map is there's no where to hide in the sand  where as b4 has cover between most objectives. 

scottyb1988.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Its basically a snipers map like the BF4 China Rising DLC maps. I just hang around the B objective in BF1 & snipe objective B,C & D the whole time, until they get pissed and roll the tank out on me, then its hide & go seek time. I don't really like much else about it planes are as expected.

Edited by Smurf