Damn it, Dodge! I know this is for the Crash night but IMO this crosses the line from fun, to frustrating. 

IMO a good crash race is one that has well thought out crossovers or funnel points that still takes skill to win, but there's a chance to be randomly taken out at said crossovers.

This race is full of traps that only people who know the track will be able to avoid, or what a lot of people refer to as a creators advantage.

1. One corner you can't take correctly because if you exit wide (like you're meant to) you run into a barrier that blocks half the road.

2. You need to take the right tube because the left one has several obstacles through it that block most of the tube.

3. At the end of the track, you've blocked the centre of the road with a splitting prop which would be difficult enough with a few people trying to get through, let alone covering it with smoke so you can't see anything.

Those were the main things I can remember that were major issues.

I'm sorry for being harsh but a lot of people complain about these things all the time and no one ever speaks up about it so how will things change if no one says anything?

I also know that this is my opinion on the track but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong if other people want to speak up and say that they enjoy these "trap" races.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Thanks for the input Scotty. It is meant to be a race the causes wrecks. Or "traps" if you prefer. I actually thought of added a couple to the other tunnel to create opposition for both sides. 

Dodgeservice.png

Lol traps... AKA crashes and/or a hint of excitement. 

Every track has creators advantage, to think otherwise would be very foolish.

I don't hear people complaining about obstacles in stunt races like they do in land races, I hear them laughing because they're having fun and not taking it seriously, so I have no idea where they're complaining.

Actually, I heard someone complain about the tubes in Scotty's race the other day. I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder after all :P

Edited by DavidCore89

One thing that goes for ALL races, IMO, is that your first lap will be less fun/fast than the following. 

Also i think my expectations makes a big difference,  for example i would expect no crap on the course if it was called  "Dodge Raceline GP PRO"  but something like our Disasterpieces are obvious. 

• Like 1

On 10/08/2016 at 0:50 AM, DavidCore89 said:

Lol traps... AKA crashes and/or a hint of excitement. 

Every track has creators advantage, to think otherwise would be very foolish.

I don't hear people complaining about obstacles in stunt races like they do in land races, I hear them laughing because they're having fun and not taking it seriously, so I have no idea where they're complaining.

Actually, I heard someone complain about the tubes in Scotty's race the other day. I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder after all :P

I've lost count on how many times you, and many other people have rage quit on races because you got caught out by something that was poorly made but I guess stunt races seem to be an exception for the crew. 

There's a difference in having track knowledge which a creator will obviously have as opposed to having deliberate "obstacles" when you choose the wrong path or take a blind corner correctly that leads straight into an obstacle and having misleading checkpoints that send you in the wrong direction. Where's the fun in racing if one person takes the correct path only to laugh at everyone being caught out because they took the alternate route? 

I'm not sure who you're playing with but all the people I play with complain about poorly made stunt races. Just because it has "stunt" in front of it, doesn't mean it's acceptable to have traps in it or that it's funny when you get screwed through no fault of your own.  A lot of pre stunt update tracks using natural jumps or unusual routes copped a lot of hate from most people in the crew, but now with stunt races it's fine?

I'm not surprised that people have complained about that tube in my race, it was an experiment which does work more often than not and does need a bit more tweaking to fix it up. The only reason it was published is because it wouldn't let me test it when it was saved which I assumed was a bug with the update but it turned out to be something else.

This is the importance of testing and tweaking it until it works correctly which sadly a lot of people refuse to do.

On 10/08/2016 at 0:18 AM, Dodge said:

Thanks for the input Scotty. It is meant to be a race the causes wrecks. Or "traps" if you prefer. I actually thought of added a couple to the other tunnel to create opposition for both sides. 

That's going to make it better so one side doesn't have a big advantage over the other. I still don't agree with the other ones though. When you exit one of the corners and run into a prop, I think it would work better if it was further back so it acts as a funnel point, not a crash barrier. That way you still force people to come together but they still have a chance not to crash for doing the right thing.

The same as the smoke before the splitting gate near the finish line. I'd move the smoke or have it after. Think about how it will work with 3 or 4 cars getting through there at once, it's going to cause enough mayhem without having the smoke impairing your vision.

scottyb1988.jpg

10 minutes ago, ScottyB said:

I've lost count on how many times you, and many other people have rage quit on races because you got caught out by something that was poorly made but I guess stunt races seem to be an exception for the crew. 

There's a difference in having track knowledge which a creator will obviously have as opposed to having deliberate "obstacles" when you choose the wrong path or take a blind corner correctly that leads straight into an obstacle and having misleading checkpoints that send you in the wrong direction. Where's the fun in racing if one person takes the correct path only to laugh at everyone being caught out because they took the alternate route? 

I'm not sure who you're playing with but all the people I play with complain about poorly made stunt races. Just because it has "stunt" in front of it, doesn't mean it's acceptable to have traps in it or that it's funny when you get screwed through no fault of your own.  A lot of pre stunt update tracks using natural jumps or unusual routes copped a lot of hate from most people in the crew, but now with stunt races it's fine?

I'm not surprised that people have complained about that tube in my race, it was an experiment which does work more often than not and does need a bit more tweaking to fix it up. The only reason it was published is because it wouldn't let me test it when it was saved which I assumed was a bug with the update but it turned out to be something else.

This is the importance of testing and tweaking it until it works correctly which sadly a lot of people refuse to do.

That's going to make it better so one side doesn't have a big advantage over the other. I still don't agree with the other ones though. When you exit one of the corners and run into a prop, I think it would work better if it was further back so it acts as a funnel point, not a crash barrier. That way you still force people to come together but they still have a chance not to crash for doing the right thing.

The same as the smoke before the splitting gate near the finish line. I'd move the smoke or have it after. Think about how it will work with 3 or 4 cars getting through there at once, it's going to cause enough mayhem without having the smoke impairing your vision.

My personal opinion, please take it as that:

I really enjoy this map. The smoke at the end with the split way, I think was genius. I smacked right into that mofo my first lap and laughed my butt off! Then again, I made a recent one ALSO with crashnight in thought, and put "traps" in it. There are not many, but there are some. 

The right tube not shoots you out onto stop sticks, which that mixed with said obstacles really makes up for taking that tube. Dodge and I were running first and second and took opposite routes, we ended up getting off the landing platform right next to each other. 

The obstacle in the left tube - I see what you are saying here. It is, once again, a trap, that on the first lap many will hit. I missed it my first lap, but that was because the person in front of me was a few lengths ahead, and I seen him smack it, I was able to dodge out of the way just in time. 

I guess what it all comes down to, is how someone perceives a "stunt" race. If they are going into it with the mindset of it being a typical race with stunts, then things like this are not for them. If they are going into it with the mindset of having fun, looking for obstacles to avoid, and laughing when someone smacks into something, or when they themselves can not avoid a obstacle, then it is much different.   

EDIT - I meant to quote the top one, and it wouldn't let me change it before posting. Still no luck..

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lIIlCompleXlIIl said:

I guess what it all comes down to, is how someone perceives a "stunt" race. If they are going into it with the mindset of it being a typical race with stunts, then things like this are not for them. If they are going into it with the mindset of having fun, looking for obstacles to avoid, and laughing when someone smacks into something, or when they themselves can not avoid a obstacle, then it is much different.   

You're completely right in that, and I can respect that everyone has their own opinion and enjoys things differently. What I find amusing though is that everyone was complaining about Rockstars "crappy" races and the traps (waves coming over the track, overshooting landing zones and CPs etc) yet find it funny on these tracks? Talk about double standards! 

I know a lot of the Aussies (and other people I regularly play with) agree with me on what I'm saying, but again each to their own. The thing I'm trying to get at is that you can make a crash race without going overboard and forcing people to crash. Creators need to remember that it's not just themselves they have to worry about, but they have to consider what happens when they're trying to get around an obstacle with 5 other cars next to them. 

After the stunt update, everyone was complaining about race etiquette and people pushing through the pack at a crash but almost all stunt races I have played encourage crashes. If I come up to a pile up at one of these obstacles, I'm certainly not slowing down and waiting for people to get out of the way, as I'm sure most people will be doing the same and that the creator has intended for this to happen. I guess I just can't keep up with what the crews expectations are because they seem to change at will to suit ones own preferences even when they contradict what they said the day before.

scottyb1988.jpg

14 minutes ago, ScottyB said:

I guess I just can't keep up with what the crews expectations are because they seem to change at will to suit ones own preferences even when they contradict what they said the day before.

I don't think preferences have changed, things are adjustable pending the intentions of the map. This particular race doesn't suit my taste, Dodge knows that but I think it works as he intended it. The clean racing aspect of the crew applies as much as it always has, but some races are designed to throw that out and I don't see an issue with that, any race with a cross over automatically tosses that out some, add in obstacles and you get the carnage. A race like this would have inherent issues to clean racing where as something like the IRL race track recreations that are popping up shouldn't have.  

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

And to avoid confusion, I like the race, getting past the 1st lap so you have an idea of what to expect helps, it isn't what I would call Dodge's best or even top 10. I'm a shit driver and this race doesn't help my ego at all if I ever feel like I am a bad ass driver. SO when I say it doesn't suit my taste, it more doesn't suit my ability to drive a GTA car in any way.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

22 hours ago, Hatch said:

And to avoid confusion, I like the race, getting past the 1st lap so you have an idea of what to expect helps, it isn't what I would call Dodge's best or even top 10. I'm a shit driver and this race doesn't help my ego at all if I ever feel like I am a bad ass driver. SO when I say it doesn't suit my taste, it more doesn't suit my ability to drive a GTA car in any way.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of the track is pretty cool and well made, I just thought that with those few changes it could be far better, but each to their own.

scottyb1988.jpg

3 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Right tube is certainly easier than the left as there's an electrical pylon in there.

At least I think it was in the left :lol:

It does. The thing he changed is that the right side now shoots you out to stop sticks, and the left (one with the power tower) at end you come out smooth and aimed right for the next checkpoint. I am not sure the time differences between the two though. I do know it is better then it was before. Can't wait to get some of these crazy stunt maps into the next CrashNight!

Think there seems to be diverging ideas on what is considered "balance" and what the idea behind "racing" is. Lines blur with this recent update but my beliefs remain the same.

What you do to one side of the equation you must do to the other for the sake of being "fair". Otherwise, at that point, having an unknown correct and unknown wrong path turns the "race" into something completely different and that's more .. "troll" like than anything else. I could just as easily find a patch of trees myself in free roam and drive into them endlessly.

You can be "crazy" and have "fun" while facilitating something that's fair to all players, otherwise IMO, it needs a blatant label to call the race for what it really is. Don't get me wrong, there's things that work in this race and there's glaring things that do not (and that's mostly how uneven the paths are as well as serious issues in tube exchanges - and I'm personally NOT a fan of experimentation in a race for a driver).

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines