• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lann

• Dodge

• Arruda

• truelife98

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Looks great, love what you've done with the Dam.

Would a custom Omnis make the jumps?

The jumps are made so that most, if not all,  vehicles can make it. 

But i have not tried slower vehicles yet..

Edited by Lann
Need to test stock muscles and Compacts.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dodge said:

If they start Verifying Jobs again, this should be on the 1st list of jobs to he Verified. 

+1 to that. Amazing job Lann.

• Like 1

I think they might verify some.

Inside the Verified Jobs section of the game menu there's a Stunt Race section which is empty.

Handcuff_charlie had two jobs verified while running XDBX tags, so maybe they'll look at XDBX jobs again.

• Like 1

I imagine any verifierad job would get thousands of plays and likes. But i still hold you guys appreciation higher as a measure of whether a job works well. Thanks! 

• Like 1

One thing I would change is get rid of the motorcycles class. Unlike Rockstar created stunt races you can die from collisions on a motorbike in a player made one. I tried this earlier on a bike and the big jumps all ended in death. The only way I could finish the race was avoiding the ramps going off-road around them. I guess this applies to cycles as well. Unless, of course, finding alternative routes is exactly what you had in mind ;).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, djw180 said:

One thing I would change is get rid of the motorcycles class. Unlike Rockstar created stunt races you can die from collisions on a motorbike in a player made one. I tried this earlier on a bike and the big jumps all ended in death. The only way I could finish the race was avoiding the ramps going off-road around them. I guess this applies to cycles as well. Unless, of course, finding alternative routes is exactly what you had in mind ;).

Thanks,  I will remove all classes that might not work.. Mc, bicycle, Utility..

3 hours ago, Lann said:

I imagine any verifierad job would get thousands of plays and likes. But i still hold you guys appreciation higher as a measure of whether a job works well. Thanks! 

Then we shall play it thousands of times and give it thousands of likes!

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

I will have a look at the issues you guys had once back home on the PS4. Did have more slow down props initially,  maybe that could be considered again. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ScottyB said:

In the video below, you'll see me screw the turn up. This is due to a misleading CP. The way I read CPs is I try to hit the edge of the direction it's facing (to cut it as much as possible). As you can see, the CP leads you to fall off the edge. Usually I don't say anything about these minor CP issues but this one is problematic because you can't see over the crest and see where the track leads so you only have the CP to rely on.

Snacks had the opposite issue where he somehow overshot the turn all together. All of this could be solved by either (or both) moving the CPs so they point in the right direction and by putting some signage barriers around the corner to "catch" someone overshooting it and to give a visual reference point where the track goes.

The second part of the video isn't anything major, but I'd personally like to see the CP inside the tube. I hesitated a bit because the CP is pointing away from the tube. If it's in there, it will be easier to read where to go.

Reveal hidden contents

I think I managed to solve these issues @ScottyB, take a look at this video and let me know what you think.

First part.

I moved the cp up (back) some and changed it to the type that one can see better at this angle.

I placed a rail on the inside to show that you can not cut there, I think it do adds to the understanding of where to go.

I also added some big signs on the outside of the turn. On a fast lap you will see all this while you are in the air from the first jump. 

Second part.

Just added a cp in the bend.

I also removed Motocycles, Cycles and Utility.

Cpc3ARpXgAENb9B.jpg

Edited by Lann
added pic
  • Like 2

There's also an exploit in this track. In the huge jump (2:15 in the OP video) it's far too easy to avoid the slowing down prop. Ordinarily avoiding these things will screw your race, but not in that spot. You'll overshoot the ramp and fall down straight into the lake (as long as you carry enough speed). This will put you into extreme advantage over anyone who does take the jump. Rev caught up some 4 or 5 seconds to me doing that, then in the following lap we did it the other way around and I very easily replicated it. You actually fall slower than driving down the ramp, but you reach the "ice" so much sooner, whilst the other is still mid air. By the time you reach the next checkpoint, the other car is still landing, but you're already near full speed whilst he's accelerating from scratch.

I don't know if you can increase the size of the slowing down thing, or put some prop on the side that makes it harder to squeeze on the side of it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arruda said:

There's also an exploit in this track. In the huge jump (2:15 in the OP video) it's far too easy to avoid the slowing down prop. Ordinarily avoiding these things will screw your race, but not in that spot. You'll overshoot the ramp and fall down straight into the lake (as long as you carry enough speed). This will put you into extreme advantage over anyone who does take the jump. Rev caught up some 4 or 5 seconds to me doing that, then in the following lap we did it the other way around and I very easily replicated it. You actually fall slower than driving down the ramp, but you reach the "ice" so much sooner, whilst the other is still mid air. By the time you reach the next checkpoint, the other car is still landing, but you're already near full speed whilst he's accelerating from scratch.

I don't know if you can increase the size of the slowing down thing, or put some prop on the side that makes it harder to squeeze on the side of it.

I am out of props, but i can see about removing something cosmetic to fix that exploit. Maybe just another cp will fix it.

Edited by Lann

6 minutes ago, Lann said:

I am out of props, but i can see about removing something cosmetic to fix that exploit. Maybe just another cp will fix it.

Oh definitely, forgot about that option, one at the bottom of the ramp should easily fix it.