Settings and guns and shit...

Xyon14

I have been playing loads lately level 48 now, but I am still not happy with my sensitivity. I swear I spend more time in my options readjusting it. (up, down, up down.....) 

I am happiest playing the medic role but I am not sure which is the best gun to use. Or which upgrades to use for any of the guns ... this game is mentally exhausting even before you start playing :huh:.

I would really appreciate any advice you could share with me, please :)

• Like 1

There's another thread here that has weapon, gadget and load out suggestions. It's still a hard one to decide on though but after looking through most of the stats, they all appear very similar so it depends on how you play and what weapon feels best for you. 

You need to play with each gun for a while to see how it feels and to unlock attachments which will make a big difference too. I prefer a 1 or  2x scope for close range stuff because the adjustment between hip fire and aiming isn't too much. I find with a 4x scope, I often get disorientated and die before I can find the target at close range although I need to work on my hip fire which will help that out significantly.

As for settings, I'll post a pic with what mine are. I set them up at the start with the idea that with the higher x scope, you'll be further away and need it to be less sensitive so it is easier to aim accurately. Where as 1 and 2x scopes will be used at close range and you need to be able to turn around quickly to locate targets when entering a building or being shot from behind without it being too twitchy.

I guess that also comes down to how you move. If you always run in guns blazing you need it to be twitchy (along with a quick reaction speed) so that you can check your surroundings quickly. On the other hand, if you move with a team or slowly and stealthy, you can afford to have a lower sensitivity because you will always be covering you attack points.

That's in theory anyway and I guess the best set up would be one where you have the highest sensitivity without compromising accuracy because it's too twitchy. And that will come down to a lot of practice and getting used to the settings you leave it on.

13925630_10208227384856936_1548023334552

13679874_10208227386536978_7442484380365

13988101_10208227380616830_3649248754616

• Like 3

scottyb1988.jpg

So to set Sensitivity for your weapons at different ranges go to Options,

hit 'up' on the D- pad once an enter the 'Advanced Options' menu. Sliding

to the right decreases sensitivity for weapons at each range, but mainly

you want to focus on the 'Close Range Sensitivity,' mines is at a 100% for

reference and my Coefficient 10%. I listed a couple decent riffles in your

preferred Class below and 2 critical settings.

Aug A3 -    Barrel --> Muzzle Break, Under Barrel --> Stubby Grip, Rate of Fire 700

AR160 -     Barrel --> Muzzle Break, Under Barrel --> Stubby Grip, Rate of Fire 700

AEK-971 -   Barrel --> Muzzle Break, Under Barrel --> Stubby Grip, Rate of Fire 900

Bull Dog -   Barrel --> Muzzle Break, Under Barrel --> Angled Grip, Rate of Fire 700

ACE 23  -    Barrel --> Muzzle Break, Under Barrel --> Stubby Grip, Rate of Fire 770

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

@Smurf What does the Coefficient setting do? I've left mine at default and haven't played with it yet. When I tried searching for it, it kept coming up with "uniform soldier aiming" and if I'm understanding correctly, with it turned on, it's meant to make all scope ranges feel the same, or make it so that there is no difference between hip fire and aiming. I'm not quiet sure though but it would be good if someone could shed some light on it as it does sound like a useful feature.

I'll have to check out those guns too as I'm frequently using that class. I have tried to use the SAR-21 and even though all the stats look good (probably the best of the class?), I don't seem to do very well with it and much prefer the AK-12 (first rifle). There definitely seems to be a different feel between the guns which is really cool so you just need to test them and see how you go. It's a hard judgement to make though since it depends on who you're playing against and what server. Test them on TDMs so you get a lot of quick and close up action so you can test them out quickly.

scottyb1988.jpg

Sometimes finding that PERFECT happy spot on the sensitivity is really hard. In CoD, I am always going back and fourth between 11 and 9 on vertical sens. If one is working, then I jsut stick to it, of for some reason I dont feel like im playing right, I switch to the other and usually end up doing better. But its always either 9 or 11. 10 does not work for me at all. Strange right?

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:54 PM, ScottyB said:

@Smurf

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:32 AM, lIIlCompleXlIIl said:

Sometimes finding that PERFECT happy spot on the sensitivity is really hard. In CoD, I am always going back and fourth between 11 and 9 on vertical sens. If one is working, then I jsut stick to it, of for some reason I dont feel like im playing right, I switch to the other and usually end up doing better. But its always either 9 or 11. 10 does not work for me at all. Strange right?

What does the Coefficient setting do? I've left mine at default and haven't played with it yet. When I tried searching for it, it kept coming up with "uniform soldier aiming" and if I'm understanding correctly, with it turned on, it's meant to make all scope ranges feel the same, or make it so that there is no difference between hip fire and aiming. I'm not quiet sure though but it would be good if someone could shed some light on it as it does sound like a useful feature.

I'll have to check out those guns too as I'm frequently using that class. I have tried to use the SAR-21 and even though all the stats look good (probably the best of the class?), I don't seem to do very well with it and much prefer the AK-12 (first rifle). There definitely seems to be a different feel between the guns which is really cool so you just need to test them and see how you go. It's a hard judgement to make though since it depends on who you're playing against and what server. Test them on TDMs so you get a lot of quick and close up action so you can test them out quickly.

I am not even sure what the coefficient does to be honest, its the settings that work for me after much tweaking. Also @Xyon14 you need to push the right stick up slightly to stay on target when shooting at the enemy, and ease off the trigger every 5-6 shoots because the recoil will push your gun upwards and you end up shooing over their heads.

@ScottyB http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150494051524581/

Edited by Smurf