New Track Format

Dodge

Im going to start making a new track this week. Apparently I have some work to do top my last 3. It sounds like most people enjoy my layouts so far.

My question is: Does anyone have anything they want more of in a track, or something they want less of?

Dodgeservice.png

Less corners, more straights!

Seriously though, I think you get the balance perfect. A couple of fast straights and some technical corners. You have to attack the track, but just the right amount or the track attacks back.

• Like 2

Less corners, more straights!

Seriously though, I think you get the balance perfect. A couple of fast straights and some technical corners. You have to attack the track, but just the right amount or the track attacks back.

Well thank you.

Dodgeservice.png

I like the unpredictability, you've found a good balance between speed, technical sections and nice surprises / obstacles which are not impossible to pass without losing half your car or relying on pure luck.

I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

• Like 3

Yeah agreed pb, jumps to absolutely nowhere just so the host wins or just straights with catch up turned on which makes my Jester feel like a Sentinel.

Those corners are your saving grace in a race against other players as the catch up plays havok with your speed and acceleration on the straights making you a sitting duck.

I think your races are very good, challenging yet not to rough. 

Yours seem to be a bit more thought out a serious than mine, getting a good mix of good races vs bullshit racing.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Yeah agreed pb, jumps to absolutely nowhere just so the host wins or just straights with catch up turned on which makes my Jester feel like a Sentinel.

Those corners are your saving grace in a race against other players as the catch up plays havok with your speed and acceleration on the straights making you a sitting duck.

I agree. I really hate running with catch up on. I know its there to level the playing field, but That will completely negate a solid run and let someone who is wrecking catch you. I really don't like it.

Dodgeservice.png

• 1 month later...

I always leave catchup off and slipstream on. 

The way I see it, if you screw up and can get yourself back within striking distance of a car ahead of you without the computer slowing them down, then the slipstream boost is earned, not gifted.

Likewise if you are having a solid run and can put everyone beyond slipstream range behind you and keep them there, then you shouldn't be penalized. Plus the slipstreams count towards stuff in game, so i leave them on for others as well as myself.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• 7 months later...