Albert Park F1 Circuit

no_snacks

Albert Park F1 Circuit

RSC Link - https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/lJshvWLKzkm88h3BeJZASw#

My first attempt at a traditional style race circuit using the new Stunt Race Creator.  Will probably delete this after a few weeks but would like to get some feedback before doing so.

The new Creator already has some limitations, so it's almost impossible to re-create a real life circuit exactly.  The Creator doesn't have many hard braking corners to choose from, so the layout may look the same as real life, but the way you drive the circuit is completely different.  Basically you don't need to brake at all on this track, and once you get familiar with it, you'll hardly even need to lift off the accelerator.

Most of the corners have open run-off areas just like the real life circuit.  This will stop players crashing into the barriers and bouncing back into the path of competitors.  To make drivers pay for their mistakes, I've used "Go Slow" strips to replicate real life gravel traps.  Running wide on exit or cutting a corner too much will result in a loss of momentum and therefore an increase in lap time.

4PPZqzK.png

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 8

I used to hammer this track on the F1 games, still know it very well after so many years of not racing it.

Looking forward to playing this, looks very well made.

• Like 1

Looks awesome with the big green plates under the track.

I wanted to do that as well but I thought about it too late :lol:

Will definitely use that next time ;)

• Like 1

looks really good, can picture exactly where i am on the actual circuit with that, the run off idea with slow down is another thing i hadn't considered love that, gonna have a go at monaco tonight 

• Like 1

Just tried it. Very nicely done, perfect choice of colors and props placement.

Of course it's not perfectly the same as the IRL track but it's close enough.

Also love that you made it around the Vinewood Reservoir. It's a nice touch and it looks good on the mini map ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Can this be set to non-contact?

If not, can you copy and paste a non-contact version just for the crew vs crew?

:)

I'll publish a non-contact version later today. :)

7 hours ago, Lann said:

@no_snacks a bit off topic but still, how do you get the starting grid so far away from the trigger (or is it not)?

From memory, the trigger is placed on the road below the starting grid.  Height doesn't seem to have the same restrictions as horizontal distance from the trigger - I'm sure there's a limit though. 

• Like 2

Here's the non-contact version of the track, @DavidCore89.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/z12rIjHeGUyfaEo1zPcAWA#

Once the H2H is over, I'll probably delete or remake both versions of this track.  It was originally made so I could get a feel for the Stunt Creator and there's already dozens of things that can be improved upon. :)

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, no_snacks said:

Here's the non-contact version of the track, @DavidCore89.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/z12rIjHeGUyfaEo1zPcAWA#

Once the H2H is over, I'll probably delete or remake both versions of this track.  It was originally made so I could get a feel for the Stunt Creator and there's already dozens of things that can be improved upon. :)

Cheers.

Yeah the other crew wanted something a bit less stunty compared to the other 4 tracks.

Thanks for taking the time to sort this out ;)

• Like 1

On 8/11/2016 at 11:10 AM, Lann said:

@no_snacks a bit off topic but still, how do you get the starting grid so far away from the trigger (or is it not)?

On 8/11/2016 at 6:44 PM, no_snacks said:

From memory, the trigger is placed on the road below the starting grid.  Height doesn't seem to have the same restrictions as horizontal distance from the trigger - I'm sure there's a limit though. 

This is correct. My Rainbow Road Race (Which will be published later today) is as high up in the sky as you can possibly go. The trigger is just Directly below it on the ground.... far far below it lol. Height has no restriction. 

• Like 1

This is much more to my liking and quite honestly, and unfortunately, one of the few tracks I enjoyed last night. By the time we got to this I was already having a time with the other jobs so I couldn't have nearly as much fun or amusement with it as I normally would - was basically done by that point.

This is what the creator needed, a creative way to forge tracks that work and could be made without the confines of the Los Santos roadways. Well done. Not to say that every "stunt" race has to be traditional in this sense but this one was very well done.

• Like 3

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

15 minutes ago, G37 said:

This is much more to my liking and quite honestly, and unfortunately, one of the few tracks I enjoyed last night. By the time we got to this I was already having a time with the other jobs so I couldn't have nearly as much fun or amusement with it as I normally would - was basically done by that point.

This is what the creator needed, a creative way to forge tracks that work and could be made without the confines of the Los Santos roadways. Well done. Not to say that every "stunt" race has to be traditional in this sense but this one was very well done.

Yep! There are some good races like these popping up, and I really like it!! Honestly, I think the Stunts update has been the best update in a LONG time. I really enjoy these standard tracks, and I really enjoy the regular stunt races, and I really enjoy the crash-made stunt races! This was/is a good one.

• Like 1