Howdy Y'all

Whiteford99

Potential new member from the people's republic of Coloradistan. I'm a 49 year old male, Desert Storm vet, happily married father of two.

I mostly play missions, enjoy an occasional race, and almost never venture out from my invite only session. I am weary of playing with psychopaths, who think it's funny crashing into you for no reason, or intentionally causing a mission failure, "because I wanted to see what would happen if...".

I am in the Mountain time zone, and am on nearly every day from around 1pm till about 2am.

I try to role play my character as much as possible, as if he was me. I am a country boy, I prefer trucks and muscle cars to exotics and street bikes. I am over level 440, and have never thrown a sticky bomb, or grenade for that matter. I am a decent driver, and an acceptable pilot. I prefer to pick off my enemies from cover rather than charge in. I take my time doing missions, because, as we all know, more time equals more money and RP.

My wife, 18 year old daughter, and 13 year old son also play, and abide to my code of conduct. We have 2 ps3's and 2 ps4's  so we can game together when possible.

Yes, marijuana is legal here, no, I do not partake in it. However, I don't really care if you do.

I sincerely hope to meet some of you, and make some good friends. I find that parties of 4 are about perfect for missions, and look forward to gaming with some of you.

whiteford99 on ps4. Rob in real life. Yes, my handle is for my '99 F-350 crewcab duallie, my Social club handle is blackford76 for my...yup '76 F-250 Hiboy.

• Like 1
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whiteford99

• Dodge

• JustHatched

• Beez

Welcome the the home of the gaming crew known as Domestic Battery. We work hard to be a fun, mature, active, and dependable crew. We do however have some guidelines in place to ensure that we maintain the environment we have built. Please take time to read our Crew Policies and Guidelines. Feel free to ask any questions, we will do our best to answer them. Please note everyone here is human and on occasion it may take some time to get your crew invite out. Normally this is done within the first hour of your posting. Hope you get with the crew in game and have fun.

If you have joined the site to talk gaming but have no interest in joining our crew that is fine, you are free to join in any discussion you have access to (only crew sensitive areas are blocked), please click the above link to review the site rules.

The XDBX Crew

This is a generated auto reply merely providing valuable crew links to help you become a valued member of the crew and/or website.

Okay, I've been looking around the site, reading a bunch of stuff, and I'm probably just not looking in the right places, but you guys do play missions, right?

I am terrible at player vs player combat. I'm okay with racing, but do not enjoy deathmatches and the like at all. Am I looking at the wrong crew? Please, somebody say I'm not.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by blackford76
poor grammar
39 minutes ago, Whiteford99 said:

Okay, I've been looking around the site, reading a bunch of stuff, and I'm probably just not looking in the right places, but you guys do play missions, right?

I am terrible at player vs player combat. I'm okay with racing, but do not enjoy deathmatches and the like at all. Am I looking at the wrong crew? Please, somebody say I'm not.

Thanks in advance.

We play everything from heists, missions, and most of our playlists are mixed with captures, races, deathmatches etc. There is quite some free mode shenanigans aswell. Just remember we all play for fun :) you'll get better at PvP along the way like everyone else here.

• Like 1

Thanks for your vote of confidence, but I simply can't manipulate the controller like other people. Arthritis is pretty bad.

40 minutes ago, Whiteford99 said:

Thanks in advance.

Welcome Rob,

Most of our crew events consist of a playlist full of PvP jobs, usually including everything the game has to offer. Land, sea and air racing (all car classes), parachuting, deathmatches, captures and adversary modes etc with some playlists focusing exclusively on racing and others on deathmatches.

The reason we stick to these types of jobs is because they can hold 16+ people, unlike missions and heists which only support 4. With that said, we do occasionally play missions and heists but that is during off peak time when there isn't a scheduled event on. 

We don't care about skill level, we are all here to have fun and learn from each other but I understand if you dislike PvP in general. Why don't you try a few of our playlists to get a feel what we are about and make a decision then. If you have zero interest in trying PvP jobs then this crew might not be the best fit for you.

scottyb1988.jpg

ScottyB, thanks. I have no ego tied to GTA5, I do, however, enjoy playing. As much for the couple good people I've met  as for the game itself.

I certainly will try some playlists, and who knows, might even learn to enjoy PvP. I am here looking for the good people to play with. Getting better at the game is a side effect I would certainly welcome.

I like playing missions, but would rather play them with like minded people, than by myself.

• Like 1

In regards to your family playing, get yourself settled in here and then invite them to make introductions of their own. This crew was originally set up as a group of gaming couples, somewhere for them to game together without the headache of the rest of the juvenile gaming world. Bringing the kids along too is a natural progession of that. This crew is more of a family than a gaming group. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

In regards to your family playing, get yourself settled in here and then invite them to make introductions of their own. This crew was originally set up as a group of gaming couples, somewhere for them to game together without the headache of the rest of the juvenile gaming world. Bringing the kids along too is a natural progession of that. This crew is more of a family than a gaming group. 

That is what I was hoping for. My wife doesn't play very much, but we do occasionally "virtual date", as I, in reality, do not own a fancy boat, or any helicopters to spend the day with her in.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome blackford!

I've only been a vetted member for a week, but here are my thoughts, for what they're worth.

Like you, when I started my vetting period three weeks ago, I had confined myself to invite-only lobbies, had mostly negative experiences playing missions with randoms, and had never played any PvP. I was (and still am - it was only a few weeks back!) pretty terrible at races, deathmatches, etc.

But it didn't matter to these guys. What matters is that: i) You're a nice guy; ii) You make an effort; iii) You enjoy yourself. Aside from the crew policies to which you have a link, I believe these are the things that count the most (at least from my own limited experience).

So my tip is to just throw yourself into it and not take yourself too seriously. Then you'll discover a truly sociable side to this game that you've not experienced before, and realise that the job types, and your skill level, are just a means to an end. 

• Like 3

u0rf6Cd.jpg

Welcome, invite sent

Our playlists are more about the social aspect than anything else, when you consider many of us have been playing gtav for 2-3 years it can't be much else at this point.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Welcome Rob. Nice intro. I have family in CO and I enjoy visiting it, lots of great beer there!

Lots of members came here not liking PvP including myself. Now I enjoy it and am better because of learning with the crew. Randoms in public lobbies don't stand a chance. 

Tonight is a racing only playlist hosted by Dodge which will start at 8:30pm your time. We are racing Sadler pick-ups. Sometimes we race stock vehicles but tonight they are custom so you might want to buy one and throw all the performance mods on it. I just bought it today and it was $35,000 but you might be able to steal one in Paleto Bay or somewhere else. 

Oh, and we will need to see pics of that '76 Hiboy!! :D

• Like 2

From a fellow 40 something I had a similar feeling towards deathmatchs, LTS's captures etc. I was mainly a free roam player.  After playing with these guys I've changed my stance.  I continued playing for the social aspect and quickly found my game play improving.  As Beez said after playing with this crew random players don't stand a chance. 

Oh and by the way, we do have a few free roam psychopaths so if you ever want to venture out just send the word and you'll have back up.  :D

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Beez said:

Welcome Rob. Nice intro. I have family in CO and I enjoy visiting it, lots of great beer there!

Lots of members came here not liking PvP including myself. Now I enjoy it and am better because of learning with the crew. Randoms in public lobbies don't stand a chance. 

Tonight is a racing only playlist hosted by Dodge which will start at 8:30pm your time. We are racing Sadler pick-ups. Sometimes we race stock vehicles but tonight they are custom so you might want to buy one and throw all the performance mods on it. I just bought it today and it was $35,000 but you might be able to steal one in Paleto Bay or somewhere else. 

Oh, and we will need to see pics of that '76 Hiboy!! :D

Sadler night? Seriously? I currently own 5, fully modded, down from eight. It is my favorite in game vehicle!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, omarcomin71 said:

From a fellow 40 something I had a similar feeling towards deathmatchs, LTS's captures etc. I was mainly a free roam player.  After playing with these guys I've changed my stance.  I continued playing for the social aspect and quickly found my game play improving.  As Beez said after playing with this crew random players don't stand a chance. 

Oh and by the way, we do have a few free roam psychopaths so if you ever want to venture out just send the word and you'll have back up.  :D

I may just take up the offer for backup! Even at level 440, I still get owned by randoms.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, omarcomin71 said:

Hello @Whiteford99 My name is Pete, and I am a free roam psychopath.  I like the playlists but am usually not until later in the evening after they start so I spend a majority of time in free roam.  So yeah, if you are ever being harassed send me a message on the PS4.  My favorite hobby is slaughtering randoms and even more so if it is while getting a crew members back.  No crew member left behind in Los Santos.

• Like 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Just an FYI, we do require that your PSN ID and Website ID match during Vetting. So you can change it to Whiteford99, or we can. But it is necessary for identification during Vetting. 

Dodgeservice.png

5 minutes ago, Dodge said:

Just an FYI, we do require that your PSN ID and Website ID match during Vetting. So you can change it to Whiteford99, or we can. But it is necessary for identification during Vetting. 

Might be easier if you do.