R* & GTAO / Sony & PSN / Upcoming releases

GeraldPhoenix

As most of you know, I'm not on the forums much because I don't have much to say unless I feel the need to. 

I have been taking a break from gaming for sometime now, on and off, and it's due to several reasons. First, I'm not one to speak about my personal issues here because I'm more of a private person but if asked, I don't mind speaking about them.  Second and third, I'm over GTA and getting tired with Sony. Unfortunately, I can't afford 2 consoles otherwise, I'd buy an XBOX One so I could switch between the 2.

R* & GTAO

I wish R* would upgrade their crappy servers and fix the bugs that break the game. GTA is a great game but GTAO is broken. Unfortunately, I'm in the 1% that would rather see them upgrade their servers and fix the bugs instead of releasing DLC's. I don't see how I or anyone could enjoy the contents when the game is broken more than half the time. Gameplay should be priority over DLC, not the other way around. I don't know how many times, I've tried joining a lobby/session or accept an invite from the crew and I get some BS message saying, "player no longer in session or lobby full," among others. So what I've been doing when I get on GTAO is cruising, modifying my cars, buying clothes or attending car meets. I don't even really play any game modes other than grind out some LTS just to make some money and that gets boring.

Sony & PSN

Sony needs to do something with PSN and whatever security issues they have. It makes no sense for PSN to be down or not work as often. And to keep being hacked, that's just BS. Then again, maybe I'm wrong. I know shit happens but come on.

The point is I don't plan on leaving the crew. I enjoy being here. We all have our issues, online/IRL but our common interest is gaming. I have been playing Rocket League since I don't play Destiny, so I have a game to play with the crew. So what I've been thinking is that there are plenty of upcoming games that will be released within the coming months and I'm pretty excited. I'm looking forward to Need for Speed, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, Trackmania Turbo, Mafia III, Rainbow Six Siege, Hitman, among others.

NFS - Until further details for NFS are released, I'm thinking that we could start a xDBx crew for those who play NFS or are into racing games.

THPS5 - I'm not a skater but I've always be into it. The first THPS was my favorite. Based on what I've heard about the online feature, maybe we can have crew sessions.

RSS - I'm not into shooting/FPS games but I do enjoy Army of TWO. I love that game. I also have COD: MW2. I only bought it so I could play with my brother. But I wouldn't mind playing with some members. It looks like it will be a good game.

I would like to point out that I understand that GTA is our main game. I remember Hatch addressing this.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to the next coming months and being able to play some great games with the crew. Hoping the online features with these games are not much of an issue.

CHEERS! :D

Also apologies to all our new members that I haven't meant. Welcome to xDBx!  :) Hope to play some games with you guys soon.

Edited by GeraldPhoenix
  • Like 3

Just a car enthusiast; Because racecar

:D"Stay true to yourself. Few will accept you. Everyone else can kick rocks!" :D

: NORMAL : 'A GIFT and a CURSE' : FIRE :

Despite some odd issue with R* or PSN I really can't say I have that much problems with playing online with the crew, I sometimes get those messages on GTAO but they are easily solved by either asking for invites again or trying to join in and spectate when invites aren't working. But I understand your disappointment and hope to play with you either on GTA or any other game that comes up meanwhile :D

For now my gaming time is split between GTA and RL so hope to see you soon :)

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Hope so as well.

I have been able to join at times but to have to keep trying or finding other ways is ridiculous. I should be able to start the game and join a lobby/session without spending minutes trying to join. And I know my connection isn't that great but I've been able to get online in the past with no problem. Seems ever since the last 2 DLC's, that it just got worst. Maybe it's just me.

:D"Stay true to yourself. Few will accept you. Everyone else can kick rocks!" :D

I know how you feel, hence why I play Destiny quite a bit.

And that is also the reason from expanding to Destiny and RL, so there is other options to stay connected a bit while we either wait for R* to fix this game or for GTA6.

I am not ruling out any future expansions into other games, but that is a whole other topic as I myself don't plan to buy a shit ton of games, but would have to have other XDBX leaders in other games.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I hear you. I don't either. I just wanted to throw some titles and ideas out there. I am planning on getting NFS though so if there's some interest from others, I wouldn't mind running it if there's no one else.

I would like to hope that they would fix GTAO but based on how it's patch this here and patch that there, it seems like a long shot before they actually take the time to. I just think they really don't care since they're making plenty of money the way it is.

Expect to see me on NFS on release day, if there is a crew feature then you and I could look into that. I have played them all and pretty much dominated every race, drift, etc on NFSMW on PS3, only a glitched billboard stopped the platinum.

Same for Tony Hawks Skateboarding. Played many of them, the first few were some of the best games PS1 ever had. Spent hours and days trying to land the most awesome tricks. I'm absolutely shocking IRL though!

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Expect to see me on NFS on release day, if there is a crew feature then you and I could look into that. I have played them all and pretty much dominated every race, drift, etc on NFSMW on PS3, only a glitched billboard stopped the platinum.

Same for Tony Hawks Skateboarding. Played many of them, the first few were some of the best games PS1 ever had. Spent hours and days trying to land the most awesome tricks. I'm absolutely shocking IRL though!

Your Spider-man vs my Spider-man .. THPS 3 .. let's go.

:lol:

• Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I'll be getting the new AC but if its as anywhere near as buggy as the last one I won't be impressed. The online side of the game isn't really something I'd be bothered about, would only get involved with it if I was going to chase the platinum.

The game I'm really excited about is Star Wars Battlefront. I'm going to be all over that and my GTA time will be taking at hit. 

Generally games don't have an active lifespan than more than a few months before they end up at the computer exchange stores, the fact that GTA is still going with a very large player base is testament to it's playability no matter how flawed it is. 

Most game IP will bring out a new version every year. 

The FIFA series, COD, Battlefield, all those games expect you to pay for a brand new game or new expansion constantly. Apart from the initial outlay for the copy of the game how many of us has actually spent money on GTA?

With PSN, how popular is Rocket League? Not bad for a free game with our PSN subsciption (ok so it's technically not free but its still good)

We do put up with a lot of frustrations but what's our alternative...

Do we buy an XBOX? 

thumb300_MTM5ODMyODQwMzE2Mzc3XzE.gif

Edited by Squirrel_Army
  • Like 4

I hear you. Both consoles have their issues and I've been with Sony since the first PS. For me, I wouldn't mind having both consoles so when one is down, I'd use the other. And if they're both down, then SOL. Unfortunately, I can't afford 2. I'm not for or against either. I'm just more comfortable with PS.

I just wished that with all the money these companies make, it would be nice to see these issues fixed and not glossed over or just release a patch thinking it will fix everything. 

• Like 1

My family has the original Wii. I see more as a family console. More interaction. It is a good console.