Pb76

Jumping on the 'GP style race in LSIA' bandwagon........

yLJJX74.jpg

Going on holiday? Business trip up north? Visiting relatives in Europe? Not today you ain't......The rich, supercar owning folk of LS have thrown some cash at the right people and the airport is theirs for the day, you're welcome to watch....

Works best if ran at NIGHT (noon works well but less of a challenge) and Contact ON.

R* Link

All feedback welcome

Edited by Pb76

This is a PB track? Wow! This was awesome. The track layout works extremely well and the props are a unique and refreshing touch.

There are a few areas that need a bit of work. There were 2 straights that need a CP in between them to make it easier to know where to go. There was also a chicane, just before where the Titan spawns, that would be better if it was illuminated by the lights. It caught me out all 3 times because it's hard to differentiate between the road and grass.

An FYI, if someone hits he lights, they go out and are much harder to see.

Excellent and unique track, I really love this one.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

The first time I've played it was yesterday, it is a great track congrats PB :D

I might have done better if there was more light, aside from that it really felt like a good race track :)

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

It'd work quite well in the morning to be honest. There's enough light to see but it's not washed out like the noon setting (I absolutely DESPISE noon, everything is almost the same value and Cps are harder to read IMO). I don't have a problem with it being set at night because it's a great atmosphere for a track like this (only the props needed to be better executed in some areas).

As Scotty mentioned, great track that just has a few hiccups. He already pointed them out though. As for the props, yeah, I'd agree, bit more emphasis on them to highlight corners (where to aim/apex/etc) rather than showing the outside of a turn. IMO this is meant to be mostly wide open except for your bits inside the hangars and chicanes so I wouldn't really utilize props on the outside unless absolutely necessary (again, calling attention to the hangar bit where it's a good idea too/prevents contact).

Very fun overall though, well done.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

As for the props, yeah, I'd agree, bit more emphasis on them to highlight corners (where to aim/apex/etc) rather than showing the outside of a turn.

Do you think the CPs do enough to highlight the route? Originally I had nothing on the outside of the turns as I wanted to keep it a fairly open track but added them as a visual guide and ended up using them all. I could remove the outside ones (and the ones blocking the routes it should be obvious you're not meant to take) and use them to mark the apex and also the edge of the grass on the chicanes. Edited by Pb76

I don't mind them for atmosphere honestly, but I'm sure some people have issue with it and it being night time and all that. For keeping things simple though, sure, not a bad idea to remove the ones that aren't needed (obviously the ones around the hangar ARE to reduce contact from people coming the other way). If you keep the ones here it would allow you to run it as an F1 type thing meant for contact which is cool.

I think the ones to mark inside corners, similar to how many people use striped concrete barriers to indicate an edge, would be fine to keep and tidy up.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I think cp 20 or 21 can be moved forwarding one of them deleted. I end up cutting the corner because the chevron points right into a prop and because it's night you can't really see the road. Maybe push one into the corner and past the barrier so you are already on the road before you start turning.

scottyb1988.jpg

I don't mind them for atmosphere honestly, but I'm sure some people have issue with it and it being night time and all that. For keeping things simple though, sure, not a bad idea to remove the ones that aren't needed (obviously the ones around the hangar ARE to reduce contact from people coming the other way). If you keep the ones here it would allow you to run it as an F1 type thing meant for contact which is cool.

I think the ones to mark inside corners, similar to how many people use striped concrete barriers to indicate an edge, would be fine to keep and tidy up.

my intention was to have it ran full contact so will keep the hangar entrance/exit as it is but I'll have a look at moving/removing the rest (and stick with the night-time setting)

I think cp 20 or 21 can be moved forwarding one of them deleted. I end up cutting the corner because the chevron points right into a prop and because it's night you can't really see the road. Maybe push one into the corner and past the barrier so you are already on the road before you start turning.

I'll have a look at this

Thanks for your help guys

*updates*

The props have had a total overhaul, the hangar area near the start and the two chicanes near the 'Titan hanger' are virtually unchanged, however the signage that was used to 'guide' you around the rest of the course has been removed.

The checkpoints should do the job now (including that troublesome one Scotty mentioned) with runway signage highlighting the inside of the corners, this signage is not placed at the very edge of the grass/Tarmac for a couple of reasons, firstly, it looked shit (half floaty) and secondly, I like the fact that some corners can be cut (if a driver thinks it worth risking).

The light from the runway signage provides just enough light to illuminate the edge of the grass while being fairly unobtrusive.

I've tested it both at night and at noon and it seems to work well at both times now, I left the default setting as night as it provides more of an atmosphere (light up chicanes!!!) and is slightly more challenging.

I have also tested sports, sports classics, muscles and sedans (as well as supers) and none feel too slow.

Overall, with these changes the track now feels more open and I think contact would work well here.

Hopefully you agree, but as ever I'm open to any feedback, criticism or suggestions.