Ghost Recon - Wildlands

HoTWiiReD

This game was recently revealed, and sparked my interests. It will be available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC (In 2016). If the game is any good I'd definitely be considering purchasing a PS4 just to play it. Ghost Recon (Advanced Warfighter) was my first ever tactical shooter game, and by far one of my favourites. 

I'm a bit skeptical of buying Wildlands, as I was pretty disappointed with the last Ghost Recon I played (Future Soldier). From what I have read about the game it is going to have an open world environment, and set in modern days.

What do you guys think about it? According to an article I read, it's looks like a mix between Far Cry and GTA - Which after seeing the trailer I definitely agree with that, luckily I like both games lol. 

TRAILER: (Warning: It looks fucking awesome).

Edited by HoTWiiReD
  • Like 1

I have played all the Ghost Recons, I loved Future Soldier. 

Ubisoft is a piece of shit though which is why I won't play the new GR when it is released. They screwed every fan of GRFS over, GRFS was just a cash grab, if it isn't Assassins Creed then they had zero interest in supporting anything they put out. They make great looking games, but their support makes R* support look the best in gaming.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I have played all the Ghost Recons, I loved Future Soldier. 

Ubisoft is a piece of shit though which is why I won't play the new GR when it is released. They screwed every fan of GRFS over, GRFS was just a cash grab, if it isn't Assassins Creed then they had zero interest in supporting anything they put out. They make great looking games, but their support makes R* support look the best in gaming.

Yeah I agree with you that it was a cash grab, it happens pretty often with most sequels nowadays anyway. I will admit GRFS was a good time killer, but I still think GRAW was far better than GRFS. Lol indeed I definitely agree that they have shitty support haha.

What was your favourite game in the series?

Future Soldier was my fav, but to be fair it was the only one that I was decent at PvP.

I liked the story in it better than the others.

I think the Seige mode from GRFS is what the new Rainbow 6 is based on, that's the mode my clan played the most.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Future Soldier was my fav, but to be fair it was the only one that I was decent at PvP.

I liked the story in it better than the others.

I think the Seige mode from GRFS is what the new Rainbow 6 is based on, that's the mode my clan played the most.

Ah I see, the story was good in that game I agree, one of their better ones - GRAW's multiplayer was my favourite (campaign was average), I was mainly disappointed with the multiplayer in GRFS (Had my hopes high it would be made similar to the GRAW multiplayer - which I loved the maps in, hated how GRFS had a lot of urban maps)

Ah, really? Sounds interesting, I saw the trailer for the new Rainbow 6 a little while ago, it looked pretty good - Rainbow 6 is up there on my list of good PvP games, I used to play Rainbow 6 Vegas like crazy a couple years back haha. You thinking about getting the new Rainbow Six? 

• 8 months later...

I saw this and I'm definitely interested in it. It looks amazing! I think it was due to be released around the mid December this year!  

Watch the trailer if you haven't, so cool!

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

• 10 months later...

So who is considering buying this? It comes out in the beginning of marts. 

I have talked a few of my friends into buying it, so I better get it myself. I know Wecang is getting it too.

The beta was good, but I definitely feel like it's a game where you have to have others to game with. Got bored pretty fast on my own. 

Edited by Banketelli

2 hours ago, Banketelli said:

So who is considering buying this? It comes out in the beginning of marts. 

I have talked a few of my friends into buying it, so I better get it myself. I know Wecang is getting it too.

The beta was good, but I definitely feel like it's a game where you have to have others to game with. Got bored pretty fast on my own. 

If there's enough crew interest I'll grab it. I liked the others but never played online.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2015 at 9:44 PM, HoTWiiReD said:

Yeah I agree with you that it was a cash grab, it happens pretty often with most sequels nowadays anyway. I will admit GRFS was a good time killer, but I still think GRAW was far better than GRFS. Lol indeed I definitely agree that they have shitty support haha.

What was your favourite game in the series?

When I saw the updated release date I knew something bad was afoot, the previous date was 31 Dec, 2017.  While playing the Open Beta A.I sucks, no inverted X axis camera mode option, terrible vehicle mechanics, the giant reticle looked ridiculous, guns barely have recoil, frame rate not optimized, garbage bullet drop, no weight behind the weapons, not story driven and linear all the way through, no interaction in the environment, became repetitive real soon and bland. When I saw a mini van break dancing on its bumper I knew it was a rap. I hope they spit shine and polish this turd real soon for those who are buying it. I hope Mass Effect Andromeda don't disappoint.

On 02/03/2017 at 1:19 PM, Smurf said:

When I saw the updated release date I knew something bad was afoot, the previous date was 31 Dec, 2017.  While playing the Open Beta A.I sucks, no inverted X axis camera mode option, terrible vehicle mechanics, the giant reticle looked ridiculous, guns barely have recoil, frame rate not optimized, garbage bullet drop, no weight behind the weapons, not story driven and linear all the way through, no interaction in the environment, became repetitive real soon and bland. When I saw a mini van break dancing on its bumper I knew it was a rap. I hope they spit shine and polish this turd real soon for those who are buying it. I hope Mass Effect Andromeda don't disappoint.

That's a shame; I was hoping this would be a lot of fun as a co-op experience at least (like a much larger and developed version of GTA heists)

u0rf6Cd.jpg

On 03/03/2017 at 0:19 AM, Smurf said:

Yeah, I got into the closed beta early February and I noticed that too. It was super disappointing; didn't even bother downloading the open beta -- which, evidently was a good idea since they made zero changes. I more than likely won't end up buying the full game unless they do polish it (which I honestly doubt). 

Haha, thankfully the developers are BioWare and not Ubisoft :P 

I am liking this game which i am suprised considering what i think of other tom clancy games (shit).  Sure the driving and flying isnt up to scratch but i think its just a way to get across the map so they dont put much effort into them so far (like farcry).  The game in general i am really enjoying. If people like farcry i think they will enjoy this.  The map is set out the same with your main story lines and then a butt load of side missions to do.  Ive played for about 6 hours now and only just completing the first section of the map and plenty more to go.  If anyone has it shoot me a message and we can co op. Been in co op with chewy and spain and really enjoying it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...