Controller vs Wheel [Project Cars]

zztop911

A good vid from Broughy1322 for those contemplating buying this game and using the controller vs a wheel.

His links

If you want to get perfect settings you're going to have to do some research. See what works best for others, scour forums and the internet in general, and do some testing/tweaking yourself. However the following links may help as good starting points.
Video from Picano: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZTfc...
Explaining The Settings: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/show...
Controller Configuration Guide: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/show...

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 5 months later...

Finding it easy with the controller but have no wheel to compare it to. Can the Thrust Master TH8A  shifter and Logitech G27 wheel and pedal work hand in hand?

Edited by smurf

Finding it easy with the controller but have no wheel to compare it to. Can the Thrust Master TH8A  shifter and Logitech G27 wheel and pedal work hand in hand?

It's fairly easy with a controller, but during longer races controller users will wear their tyres out at a much faster rate than wheel users.

Cars that have no ABS or traction control are also much tougher to drive with a controller... Lots of locked brakes and getting the power down out of slower corners is tricky.

TH8A Shifter won't work with the G27 as the G27 doesn't work on PS4 without modifications, but it will certainly work with the new T150, T300, T500 and possibly the G29.

• Like 1

my mistake I meant the G29, so your saying that although the steering wheel and the shifter are two different brands it in no way affect functionally when used together?

I'm not totally sure, but I think I've read on the Project CARS forums that they can work simultaneously as standalone devices.

Not that many people use the TH8A, not because it's low quality, but it causes the driver to be constantly taking one hand off the wheel, it's fine IRL, but probably not at 180 MPH  :D.

Then there's the fact that it cannot be used as a full manual gear box until you upgrade the pedals to include a clutch, and the car needs to have the full manual gear box (which very few have in Project CARS), most have sequential gear box and with that comes fast changes.

Thrustmaster and Logitech make good sets, but they both have good and bad points... Thrustmaster stock pedals are terrible, the brake has no progression at all, but it's fully interchangeable and the TH8A shifter and T3PA pro pedals are high quality. While Logitech stock pedals are great, the price is high in some countries, their shifter is cheaper than TH8A, but it has no extra buttons.

Edited by DavidCore89

Yup! At those price points to a proper setup I might as well go to the junk yard and buy a steering wheel with column and a shifter and let my imagination take over. Hell a cheapo wheel it is then.

Edited by smurf