60-90 Mins... What Do You Do?

Mangfish

The majority of my gaming time lately is in 60-90 minute increments.  I don't even bother asking anyone to help with heists because it's not really fair to people to get them to help me with setups if I don't have time to play the finale with them.  It's not like there's a PL starting every 5 minutes either so my play time usually doesn't match up with the start of a PL.  Even if a PL did start, I can only play a few jobs in it because they are usually 10+ jobs and they take a long time to finish.

Based off of the conversation in the shoutbox I missed getting online for Seymor's PL last night by about 30-45 minutes so I ended up doing a mission for Gerald.  By the time that was done, and I drove back to the city I did a Distract the Cops for Lester, then I got an invite from Hatched to play in a capture.  After joining that I checked the time, and saw that I'm already almost done so that capture was the only thing I could actually do with crew last night.

If you only have 60-90 minutes to play, what do you do?  How do you use that time?  I seem to be a super inefficient player, and can waste 60-90 minutes VERY quickly :P

Edited by Mangfish

Random job hopping with the crew, And get time in here and there in PLs. There is also always crew in freeroam sessions. Its very easy to waste that kind of time with R*s mostly broken Matchmaking system.

Also, as for heists, as long as you let crew members know ahead of time that you may not be able to play the finale, or you'll only be on for so long, they shouldn't have a problem with it. We all understand that Real Life trumps Game Time, so no hard feelings there.

You are off to a good start with this thread putting yourself out there so you can attain good game time with the crew.

I am on the PS3 side, but I can assure you, there most likely more on PS4 then there are on PS3, so you are sure to get game time in with the crew regardless of what you do.

Job hop with a crew/friends that are online.  I'd even participate in a playlist until I had to sign off.  It's no big deal if you can only play 5 out of 10-12 jobs.  :)

Racing, TDM, capture or contact mission with crew members.

If there's a PL going on, I'd join it and tell the others that I only have x amount of time ahead of me :)

If you let people know that you're limited in time or can only join at a later stage or have to leave earlier, just let the host know. I cannot recall that anyone has ever made an issue out of this ... This is a crew consisting of mature people, all with their own busy professions, school work, family life, schedules, kids, dogs, cats, chicken etc ...  don't worry, just jump in and enjoy the ride :)

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

This is good information. I've wondered if it was okay to select Join Crew Members when I get online, even if I only had an hour or so to play. Being new, I'm not sure what the protocol is. I've never gotten an invite from anyone except the PL host or someone in the PL I've RSVP'd to, but never just hanging out with nothing to do.

So, it's okay just to jump in a session with crew members without being invited?

I'm very much in the same boat as you alot mang. Because I game in my main room in my house and live with my girlfriend and a roomate and it's only a duplex I have to be willing to share the tv sometimes so lots of nights I can only get away with plying for roughly the same amount of time. The shoutbox is great for this kind of thing, if you only have limited time jump in there and find out who is up to what. Also don't be afraid to add people to psn. I'll add anyone In the crew just to increase the chance of there being someone to do something with even if I only have an hour or so to screw around. This will also help you to get invites to job hop or test stuff out with people.

I know what you mean Mang when you say you feel inefficient. I can burn hours up and feel like I've done nothing. Lots of time I just get on to blow off steam and don't really have a set agenda and that suits me right down to the ground. At the same time if something crew related is going on and I have time and the patience (sometimes I have a hard time getting my ass whooped and taking it graciously) I'll jump in and make the most of it. Do not be afraid to join players at all. We are all grown ups and you will be treated as such. No one will tell you to get out or any of that crap. That's my two cents. If you're on ps4 and reading this feel free to send me a friend request. Cheers

• Like 1

You Want Peace, Prepare For War

This is good information. I've wondered if it was okay to select Join Crew Members when I get online, even if I only had an hour or so to play. Being new, I'm not sure what the protocol is. I've never gotten an invite from anyone except the PL host or someone in the PL I've RSVP'd to, but never just hanging out with nothing to do.

So, it's okay just to jump in a session with crew members without being invited?

Yeah, feel free.

If people wanted to be left alone, they'd either open an invite only session or a closed session.  Typically when I click "join crew members", I'm thrown into a public lobby with a couple of crew members.

I don't think there's any protocol for joining crew.

If there are crew that want to be by themselves, they'll be in an invite only lobby.

It's OK to click on 'join crew members' in the pause menu.

I know what you mean Mang when you say you feel inefficient. I can burn hours up and feel like I've done nothing. Lots of time I just get on to blow off steam and don't really have a set agenda and that suits me right down to the ground. At the same time if something crew related is going on and I have time and the patience (sometimes I have a hard time getting my ass whooped and taking it graciously) I'll jump in and make the most of it. Do not be afraid to join players at all. We are all grown ups and you will be treated as such. No one will tell you to get out or any of that crap. That's my two cents. If you're on ps4 and reading this feel free to send me a friend request. Cheers

Yeah we're already pals :D

As for being inefficient it's staggering to me how much time I spend in this game, and how little I achieve :D  I log into my garage, get in whatever car I feel like driving around, and just drive around the city for a bit.  More often than not, all roads lead to the helipad by the marina, and the next thing I know I've already burned up an hour or more, and I've done nothing :P

Edited by Mangfish
  • Like 1

I usually only get 3 hours of game time per day, figure most of that is used up in PL's. Any "free time" I get is spent in the creator or a bit of job hopping.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Yea I know we're pals Mang lol. some of my reply was for Athena or anyone new to the crew reading the thread. If you need help with your heists and I'm on you know you can send me an invite or a message or jump in the party that I'm in and see of I'm available. Happy to help you out dude.

• Like 1

You Want Peace, Prepare For War

• 2 weeks later...

Completely missed this topic Mang. Time goes way too quick, which also means your having fun.. Kind off. In off peak times, we never really get to do anything. We try to find a job or get people to join in on a job and that already takes half an hour! Especially with all the difficulties lately, its getting increasingly frustrating to log on for an hour and only be able to play one race and deathmatch.. The playlists are the most efficient way of playing jobs or job hoping if you can find a good lobby, so if you're not on at peak times then it sucks (I'm in that bracket too).

scottyb1988.jpg

I find with my limited game time that I'm hopping on just before a playlist and logging off as soon as it's over. Then I find myself without even enough time to resupply ammo/armor/snacks, buy clothes, buy, find & mod cars for upcoming events, managing Snapmatic storage, etc. I tried playing the game while on my elliptical trainer in the morning and while it's difficult because I'm moving around it is not impossible. Last week I was able to save a few outfits in the new saved outfits feature. It's also easy to steal a car and sell it at LSC.

If I have just 60-90 minutes I'll steal a car and sell it and hope for an invite for a job. If I don't get one by the time I've sold the car I launch a contact mission form the online menu and if no one joins I'll just do the mission alone. That's good for some cash, RP and practice. I'll also try out races I've bookmarked to see if they are suitable for a playlist. In these situations I don't wait a long time for people to join a job.

It helps if you have a plan prior to starting out. For instance I have a note on my iPad with ideas for photo locations & ideas and another note about contact missions that are easy to do with a Buzzard. I'll look at that if I don't know what to do.

• Like 1

It's great to get ideas from others. I spend a lot of my time just driving around without the GPS so I get used to the city. It's becoming quite familiar now.

• Like 1