Playstation TV

JustHatched

The advert that the link takes you too is pretty crappy. Doesn't say at all what it's for.

I think the main feature for it was to have it as a second console for your ps4. I was thinking of getting it cause it would be super handy but I don't think its worth that much and I don't have the money anyway.

I have my ps4 set up in the lounge room and could have the PlayStation tv set up in another room so that I don't have to move the console every time the main tv is occupied.

When I first read about this product Im pretty sure it never had those other features so I'm guessing they added on classic games to sweeten the deal and make more people buy it.

It sounds pretty cool though to have it set up in another room for the kids to play if you only had the ps4. If you could vs each other on different screens instead of split screen or even have 2 people playing the same game online that would make it more worthwhile.

Not sure what else it can do, but then you also need to spend another $70 on an extra control so it all adds up a bit.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

It's basically a PS Vita hooked to your tv, so you can play select PSN titles directly from there with a Dualshock 3 or 4..

The main focus though as Scotty said, it's perfect for family people when the wife/kids needs to watch tv, you have your PS TV in your bedroom or whatever hooked to a TV, and you can still play whatever you want on the PS4, it just streams!

And it works surprisingly well i might add.

Edited by Haste
  • Like 1

b2ExQd1.png

It's basically a PS Vita hooked to your tv, so you can play select PSN titles directly from there with a Dualshock 3 or 4..

The main focus though as Scotty said, it's perfect for family people when the wife/kids needs to watch tv, you have your PS TV in your bedroom or whatever hooked to a TV, and you can still play whatever you want on the PS4, it just streams!

And it works surprisingly well i might add.

Do you have one?

I'm considering ordering one today.

Does it require and internet connection to work?

Example, I can play using my Vita's remote play without have to stream thru the net if I am at home.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Ummm.... sold.  I think?  So can I play GTA on the PS4 downstairs and my daughter can play Plants Vs Zombies (PS4 download) on the Playstation TV upstairs??

this looks very interesting nice to hook it up in my bedroom so during the days when im off and wife is home watching tv i can sit in bedroom and play. plus going thru some of the games it gives you access to not sure if you have to pay or not but i saw twisted metal which was always fun to play back in the day.

• Like 1

Ummm.... sold.  I think?  So can I play GTA on the PS4 downstairs and my daughter can play Plants Vs Zombies (PS4 download) on the Playstation TV upstairs??

I don't think it can do that, you would have to double check though. As far as I know it streams from the ps4 so it will probably only allow one user on it but I'm not sure.

It looks like it will play other games independently (ps1 and vita games) which would be ok if you want to play them but yeah I'm pretty sure it only streams to it.

Does it require and internet connection to work?Example, I can play using my Vita's remote play without have to stream thru the net if I am at home.

I would imagine it would be the same as the vita. It will stream from the ps4 console to it probably over wifi. It does have an Ethernet port on it as well though.

One thing to keep in mind, especially for gtao is that you might experience more lag cause it has to go through another layer of data transfer which will slow it down probably a fair bit.

scottyb1988.jpg

It's not for me then.  I play the PS4 whenever I damn well please, so no issues there.  We move the PS3 upstairs when someone wants to play the PS4.  Plus, we're thinking of getting a second PS4 in the near future.  So I don't think that gadget would be very useful in my house.

• Like 1

Do you have one?

I'm considering ordering one today.

I don't have one, but i own a PS Vita, and it works exactly the same, the streaming is working just fine over the vita from my playstation 4, no issues at all! I know it's exactly the same as a vita just with an HDMI cable into the TV, i know enough about it i must say :)

Does it require and internet connection to work?

Example, I can play using my Vita's remote play without have to stream thru the net if I am at home.

It has to be on wifi or ethernet, it's kind of entwined with PS4 link and WiFi link,  but if you have a decent steady connection, it's no issue at all, i have an 8/512kb net, and i can play flawlessly GTA 5 on my Vita on 720p (PS TV has the exact same innards as the Vita), keep in mind that the PS TV will play scaled 1080p to 720p on your TV, it is not native 1080p, but the quality is very good in my honest opinion! Seamlessly works fine, no lag between controller and game whatsoever, it may be very very very little, but i don't notice it at all!

Edited by Haste

b2ExQd1.png

The PS TV only have select titles to play natively, make sure you can get Plants Vs Zombies for the PS TV (or other select titles)

- The Playstation 4 can not be operated while you are streaming a game from it on the PS TV, the PS4 is simply the powerhouse, and the PS TV is the receiver!

- But to answer your question, you can play native PS TV games with the PS TV and a Dual Shock 3 or 4 without the use of the PS4 at all, just either plug in an ethernet cable or put it on wifi, and insert cable into the TV :)

- I may add and say that the PS TV has over 1000+ games to be played natively, ranging from PS1, PS2, PS3, Vita, PSP and PSN games, not all games are there, but a lot of the desired titles, it can be checked out at the PS Store from your computer!

Edited by Haste
  • Like 1

b2ExQd1.png

I don't think it can do that, you would have to double check though. As far as I know it streams from the ps4 so it will probably only allow one user on it but I'm not sure.

It looks like it will play other games independently (ps1 and vita games) which would be ok if you want to play them but yeah I'm pretty sure it only streams to it.

I would imagine it would be the same as the vita. It will stream from the ps4 console to it probably over wifi. It does have an Ethernet port on it as well though.

One thing to keep in mind, especially for gtao is that you might experience more lag cause it has to go through another layer of data transfer which will slow it down probably a fair bit.

It can play a lot of games without the need of the PS4. Especially a lot of the fun games for children! 

It is running wifi and interlink, i barely notice any lag at all from my PS Vita.

• Like 1

b2ExQd1.png