Ps4 problem

Hey guys, since you all probably have the ps4 system for longer than I've had mine I'm posting my issues to see if any of you have already had similar problems. I've had my system for a couple of months now and this morning when I turned it on it wouldn't respond. I would hear one beep but no lights or anything else. Unplugged everything, it booted. Just to turn itself off a couple of minutes later. Googled a bit, unplugged everything again and booted in safe mode. There was a system update, did that, played gta for about 2 hours and the issue reappeared. Now it only beeps, no lights or anything... Faulty unit perhaps? It sucks to have a new system die on me like this, never happened to me before... Contacted support by mail and waiting for a reply :(

1 hour later unplugged everything, disconnected the hd, connected everything again and it is working...

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I've never had that problem, sorry.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

That's ok, I've already read a couple of posts and although I'm not alone in this I think the majority of people doesn't have any issues... Guess I was just unlucky with this one. Worked for about one hour and it doesn't work again

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

When I first got my PS4, around the time of GTA launch, I had a blue error screen upon booting up that told me to contact Sony.

Until that point it worked fine, it was only used about 10 times as I was still playing GTA on PS3.

My HDD had faults according to Sony, it took them over the promised week to fix and send it back to me, in fact it took around 3 weeks, they gave no explanation for the delay either.

In you case, I would have called them, email replies are usually generic, they'll want you to send it back to them and any email reply won't be of much use to you, a human during a telephone call can/may offer better advice.

Good luck!

Edited by DavidCore89

I have it since September 2014, I don't think the store will give me a new one. Yes DC you're right I also prefer speaking with someone live but this happened on a Sunday :( , tried live support but it only works in the US, i tried calling but only Mondays through Saturdays. Mine still hasn't given me any errors, it simply shuts down and after all the tricks I do when it turns on it tells me it didn't shut down properly... When it turns on there's a small utility that checks if the system has any errors on it and apparently it has none. I was so angry today but I'm a patient guy, let's see what they'll say...

Thanks guys for replying

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

I have it since September 2014, I don't think the store will give me a new one. Yes DC you're right I also prefer speaking with someone live but this happened on a Sunday :( , tried live support but it only works in the US, i tried calling but only Mondays through Saturdays. Mine still hasn't given me any errors, it simply shuts down and after all the tricks I do when it turns on it tells me it didn't shut down properly... When it turns on there's a small utility that checks if the system has any errors on it and apparently it has none. I was so angry today but I'm a patient guy, let's see what they'll say...

A store won't replace it as it's been longer than 28 days (that's UK), however you have a 1 year manufacturers warranty, if you have proof of purchase (receipt, bank statement) then you'll get it fixed or replaced by Sony.

I guess in all this I was kind of lucky it didn't shut down when it was updating lol, I assume they would say that it would have been my fault.

Here In Luxembourg its 15 days I think, I will contact them as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning

Update

Sent the console Wednesday so probably two weeks without ps4, been playing gta on the PS3 but I've grown used to the ps4 controller, and to gta on the ps4... I like it but It's just not the same

The new/refurbished ps4 arrived today :)

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

• 2 weeks later...

Posting to see if any of you have any advice regarding this issue,

So I've got another ps4 to replace mine, had to deactivate the old one to be able to play online but all my cloud saves are gone.

I've read there was a glitch which we needed to first upload a save to the cloud and then magically the other saves would appear...

Did that but no use, lost all of my saved games...

Anyone has other advices I could try?

www.ishare4free.com

Thanks ronin, it seems though that it was my fault I think, I had everything on the auto setting and from the look of it I still needed to manually upload the save files. I always thought the whole process was automatic, but apparently it isn't. Sucks for me, but thanks anyway

Thanks to r* for saving my GTAO character

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

No, Sony sent me a refurbished one and I had to send my other console back

www.ishare4free.com

Chances are small, but I would definitely contact them to see if anything can still be saved.  You never know ...

What about transferring your PS3 toons again to your new console? Not sure if possible for a second time, but at least part of what you have achieved so far, might be saved and you wouldn't have to start from scratch.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

When I tranfered my character it was only the online one, the story mode I had to play again, I did not mind it that much I like the story missions of gta v, gta isn't the biggest issue, the issue were the other saved games, I've already given up lol, yesterday I've read quite a bit regarding this, tried a couple of things but no use :(

It's ok I really only play GTAO and the new ps+ games, I would be angrier and probably even call them if I had lost hours of gameplay with other games... Thanks for your support bro :)

www.ishare4free.com