PS3 controller , big hands hack.

kortniechan

How to make a Bigger PS3 controller. :D

So i have kinda big hands and the PS3 controller always seems to not be very comfortable in the heat of battle.  I couldn't get a real good grip on it cause the handles are so small.

Well i searched and searched online and there are no aftermarket controllers that offer a bigger grip. So i decided to make my own. Here are the secrets of a wizard. use at your own risk. 

To to make your controller bigger you need these things. 

1. 2X   5 hour energy shot / or small flexible plastic bottle of same or correct size. 

2. a 20" bicycle tube

3. scissors and a hacksaw preferably 

4. a ps3 controller

5. a towel and some water. 

photo9_zps2b5f6c52.jpg

First cut your bike tube anywere you want , then make a second cut about the length of the bottle .

photo8_zpsff09f964.jpg

photo6_zps1779e0c8.jpg

Next cut the top off the bottle. I cut below the area that starts curving inward and decreasing in size. 

You also want to clean up the edges of burs and make it as nice and even as you can manage.

photo5_zpsc19a2081.jpg

Next pull the label off and wash the piece of bile tube you have cut to length. get all the powdery dust off of it inside and out. make sure it is good and clean for it will be making a seal. 

Then push the bottle down into the tube like so... .

photo4_zps700272d0.jpg

Now fold the overlapping tube on the top down into the bottle. 

photo3_zps61ee7bec.jpg

Now you jam them on the end of your controller. The rubber creates a seal and the vacuum holds them on as well as the tight fit of the 5 hour energy bottles. I have played hard with these on and they don't come off accidently. It is all in the bottle you use. 5 hour shots seem to be the perfect size to get stuck on there. 

photo2_zpsf41699b1.jpg

GG guys, stay up :D

• Like 6

I'll be honest, when I saw the list of things needed I thought this would be hideous, but it looks pretty good and obviously works as intended. Cracking, simple idea and the fact they're removable is sensible. Nice job!

• Like 1