Friendlist cull

Pb76

I cleared my psn friend list of ex-crew members, people I can't remember why I added and people I don't like. (Wonder who checks)*

It's gone from 80ish to 50ish. (Plenty of room for new crew members, add me if you like)

So......

How often do you clear yours?

How close to full is it?

How many on the list shouldn't be there?

Has someone deleted you from their list and you haven't realized?

*i got a bit trigger happy and may have deleted some I didn't mean to

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Danielle

• Casey

• JustHatched

• Troysayshi

Since I joined this crew my friends list has exploded. Quietly deleting old friends hoping they won't notice!

• Like 2

Mine has never been big enough (phnarr) to consider culling - although I have a few ppl I've met through GTA I never play with on there.

Oh and please don't delete me - needy needy etc

• Like 2

phaves.jpg

Mine was about 40 people when I joined the crew I've deleted most of them and I'm at about 80 now? Might have to start deleting people after I've vetted them to make room for new muscle which won't be nice - but there's always the invite crew option :)

Mine was about 40 people when I joined the crew I've deleted most of them and I'm at about 80 now? Might have to start deleting people after I've vetted them to make room for new muscle which won't be nice - but there's always the invite crew option :)

I have the same problem. However when I host something one of the first buttons hit is invite crew.

• Like 1

I'm having to constantly whittle it down--last time I checked (last week), there were 98.

I've found that the invite crew feature is largely broken at times.  For example, when I hosted the Rally last week, there were people from the crew that I had to invite from my friend's list--they were not showing on the crew list--even though their tags were active.

If I see that someone hasn't been online in weeks, they are usually the first to go.  Likewise, if they leave the crew and I never had sufficient game time with them, same situation.

Yes, people have deleted me, and I didn't realize until much later.  However, they were usually ex-crew members.

So from what I've gatered, there's a limit of 100 (?) friends?

I am still nowhere near that number as you guys are my first PSN friends. This is my first gaming console and it's less than 3 months old. I haven't even added most of the crew members as my friends (a bit shy in that deparment, I admit).

So from what I've gatered, there's a limit of 100 (?) friends?

I am still nowhere near that number as you guys are my first PSN friends. This is my first gaming console and it's less than 3 months old. I haven't even added most of the crew members as my friends (a bit shy in that deparment, I admit).

Aaaaw, sending you a cuddle :-)

(not a sarcastic cuddle, a shy person to shy person cuddle in case that came across the wrong way!)

Edited by WetCaseyHeed
  • Like 2

I'm kind of like Z. I didn't start doing online stuff until GTA 4 and MP3......couple of sports games, but wasn't much of an online gamer. So my list is probably on the short side, although it's rapidly picked up since being here.

I could probably kill some of the MP3 guys. There were some others from websites or just random dudes that we would actually chat on there where so much time has passed we don't chat anymore. I don't play any games outside of this, so just having my list be GTA peeps works.

I'll actually probably go through and delete some. The crazy thing is that some of the dudes were hardcore gamers, so when I came back to online play with this game I was surprised they didn't delete me since they were really active with others and adding people.

As for being deleted, I have noticed on one occassion. There was a remember here that was a mentor, showing me the ropes. We played together quite a bit when I was new. I don't remember seeing it, but heard he had a petty disagreement with someone here and quit the crew. I'm guessing in doing so he deleted me with others here, I assume, which bugged me because I used to help him out as he was getting big into the creator and I used to help him test as a thank you for his help with missions. Just kind of weird and i never understood it. 

alchemist3321.jpg

Pretty much depends on the game. When I first got GTA5, my friends list was entirely friends from Gran Turismo 5 to maximize my chances of hooking up with someone in that game. Since it is no longer online, I have gone and removed everyone from it and my friends list is entirely GTA5 people, a handful from the crew, but 80% non-crew since the game maintains a GTA5-specific friends list for us (aka a crew), populating my friends list with non-crew people who I come across with similar interests as me makes filling/hosting rooms MUCH easier than before I switched...now I basically have two friends lists getting polled every time I send out invites as a host or join a room that has auto-invite running.

I am beginning to reconsider GT6 so I may end up adding more crew to my friends list even if it means removing non-crew and basically having them in duplicate...just for the purposes of hooking up in that game too. If I was playing another game already that others here were also playing then I would have added as many crew as possible already.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I only add crew members and delete those either kicked or quit the crew

If I am not on your friends list feel free to add me

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I clear mine often.

Since before the crew it was already close to full and culling was second nature to me then. Infact when the crew first started in earnest that was when I had my biggest cull and yes I do regret some of those none I can remember though lol.

Not sure how many shouldn't be there. Have a few non crew who I won't get rid of.

Apart from the odd occasion it's more likely I've deleted than being deleted.

Hasn't the PSN limit gone up to 1000 now or was that just for PS4? Sure I read the last update made it a thousand?

P.S not been on here for a few days so anyone new to the crew feel free to add me on PSN.

Edited by Rofur13

i have been just adding and adding and adding

i deleted one cause it says that last time he was online was 3 years ago xD

• Like 1

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/11/11/sony-extends-psn-friends-limit-from-100-to-2000/

Someone dumb this down for me can you have 2000 friends or not  :lol:

SO my Vita actually does have a reason to exist other than collect dust.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I think it's still 100 on PS3 but the 100 that are most active at any given time from the 100 +. PS4 and vita are where the 2000 limit comes into affect but as Sony see the vita as a PS4 mini me...

Edited by Troysayshi

• 2 months later...

Bumping this one as I need to delete some friends to add new players.

Please don't be offended, it's nothing personal but anyone who I don't game with on a regular basis is going to have to be moved aside.  I can always friend again if we end up in the same session  :D

Come PS4 time this won't be as much of an issue but for now, sorry!  :huh:  :)

• Like 1

Me too... I look at people who haven't played for a while they are usually first to go before I go into the more regular people.... can anyone remind who this Dani_elle92 person is? They haven't been on for nearly a month... familiar, but just can't put my finger on it ;)

Was thinking the same thing, 27 days since we gamed together, she's a goner! :-D

• Like 3