Your race rival

Pb76

Just took part in a playlist zmurko hosted, 6 races of various styles and classes of vehicles. Almost every race saw myself and zmurko finishing within a couple of seconds of each other, it became quite the rivalry (for me anyway).

(Excellent playlist btw zmurko)

So.....who is your race rival? Who do you always seem to have tussles for positions with?

furdog, wraignbow, SSRacin.

Tussle with Dodge every time I see him....  <_<

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

At some point in a race, DC89 becomes my nemesis. But i have to say everyone from 3rd on back. I always seem to wreck early and have to drive through the field in order to catch the leaders.

Although for the past few nights, I think Desuno has been the one kicking my butt.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

I'm glad there are at least a few in the crew I can follow or even beat. Racing with rev, desuno and DC89 doesnt offer this pleasure unfortunately.

I enjoyed it too pb76, it makes racing much more fun when you're close to someone, either being chased or trying to overtake. I still struggle with overtaking though, as I'm always afraid I'll send both of us off the road.

Another one I remember enjoying racing with is LN-MLB. Guess we all belong in that bottom 2nd class that was defined in another topic.

• Like 1

Depending on the track, I can sometimes give the #1 guy a run for his money.. until I make one (of many) mistakes.  Then I'm mid to last depending on how late & how burnt out I am.

I'll have to double check, but I was in a good battle w/ someone last NASCAR race I was in, we were leap frogging each other for the last few laps and I was able to sneak by and barely hold on.

• Like 1

I think desuno wins the majority of races he enters, rarely crashes or makes mistakes and once he gains the lead - he usually keeps it.

If I had to pick 1 person and completely disregard their performances on their own tracks (because you then have a huge advantage) then it would be desuno.

• Like 1

it makes racing much more fun when you're close to someone, either being chased or trying to overtake.

I wouldn't call it fun, looking at the mini map and not being able to see your blip because you're in my back seat! My palms sweat, my mouth goes dry and my hands start to shake as I desperately try to make it round the next bend still ahead. Yeah, actually it is fun.

I still struggle with overtaking though, as I'm always afraid I'll send both of us off the road.

I agree, sometimes you have to wait for a clear overtaking opurtunity.

Guess we all belong in that bottom 2nd class that was defined in another topic.

Definately!

• Like 3

I'm lucky if I can pick up 4th if DC, Rev and Desu are in the same race as me. Rarely can I squeak out the win or best lap. Think I'm more of an upper middle of the pack kinda guy.

Was in a few races with Desu and Asspect last night and those two are on another level. The things this new guy can do with an Elegy is downright criminal, but awesome.

• Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I did a race with DC, rev and desu the other day. Guess where I finished?

I was actually proud that I finished at all.

• Like 3

When we do our playlists I feel it's furdog (I feel like we are always apologizing to each other or passing one another), wraignbowgirl, and I've been in many races with Hannabis and I swapping places.

alchemist3321.jpg

On occasion I can hang with Goon, G-37, or Charlie...on occasion

More often than not I'm staring at your taillights, "dammit .." lol.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

More often than not I'm staring at your taillights, "dammit .." lol.

Well why the hell are you hanging out back there? Is my trunk pretty? Does my exhaust smell good? Haha. Jk man

If you can see those lights...then you're not far behind

Edited by rumdig
  • Like 2

Unlike all of you guys I am lucky -- I don't have a rival -- I almost always finish last...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

the racetrack itself is my rival...

and that mofucka always wins :(

• Like 4

Future is nothing but a series of probability

As much as I'd like to say Rev, DC, and Desuno, I look at them more as racing mentors.  When I joined the crew, Rev was the first person I raced with, and I've probably raced against him more times than anyone else combined.

However, ssracingn, Hannabis (I believe that was me in that one Nascar event), sometimes Dodge (although he usually wins and stays ahead), and sometimes G37 (he usually wins also).  Zmurko and I haven't raced as frequently, but I have enjoyed racing against him as well, and we often seem to be batting for a certain position.

I feel Locust's pain though--some of those tracks are my true rival--especially the ones with u-turns and stuntcams.

• Like 1

I've gotta say rev and DC since I've raced with them the most, usually very close between the three of us. But also Fido is freakin' fast on many tracks and we usually have a good battle for the first position.

But I have to say I'm kinda surprised to find myself up there for the most part, I've never been interested in motor sport and I've never owned any kind of car/racing game. Think I've played GT2 a couple of times at a friend's house when I was younger. So I've learnt a lot from just racing with this crew in general, think I've done about 500+ races since I joined.

Edited by desuno1
  • Like 1

desuno1.jpg